SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
2018-09-19, 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Be thankful.

Go down

Be thankful.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-09, 3:35 am

We all have problems in our lives and they often visit us on a daily basis bringing a wee bit of self pity, "Why me"? we ask.

A few hours sat on an hospital ward brings home just how fortunate we are and how thankful we should be, one elderly lady in the bed next to Annette brought that home to me yesterday and I cant get her out of my  mind.

A lady who was struggling but who still had that fight in her, I bet she was a bugger in her younger days, fiercely independent. "I want a wee" she shouted at the nurse and the struggle began. The nurse brought a commode, take that away the old lady said, I want the toilet. The nurse brought a walking frame, not using that she said, I want a wheel chair. After a battle of minds between the old lady and two nurses she used the walking frame supported by the nurses.

A little later her daughter visited and left and the staff nurse came to tell her she was moving on, I will pack your bag, your daughter knows so dont worry, the old lady was happy.

Then hospital transport came to take her and I heard where she was going, my heart sank. The small community hospital that was taking her has one ward and is used as a short term solution to people until a place is found in a nursing/care home. I'm not decrying that because its a much needed place of care in an over stretched NHS.

Because I was tired last night I ended up in bed at 9 and crashed out. I woke at 2 and decided an hour on the laptop then back to bed would suit me fine, I did it because I could, I am free to do what I like within reason.

That poor old lady has now lost that freedom, carers and care home rules will now dictate her life,brought home to me my mother's last two years with dementia and she was fine, knew no better, that's what dementia does.

This may be my future or yours, we just dont know and TBH thank god there are people out there who do their best to care for us and those we love.

But sitting here at 3.30 in the morning and feeling a tad sorry for myself I cant help but to be thankful I have the freedom to sit here and the mental capacity to feel sorry for myself because many dont have those choices.

Yes a bloody serious and maybe depressing post but those who know me will know that SunderMad for me is a place to unload so unload I have.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Be thankful.

Post  canary-dave on 2018-09-09, 4:35 am

Big hugs Syd  for you and Annette xxxx

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-09, 8:32 am

canary-dave wrote:Big hugs Syd  for you and Annette xxxx
The point of the post is that others need them more Dave, you for one

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-09-09, 10:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:We all have problems in our lives and they often visit us on a daily basis bringing a wee bit of self pity, "Why me"? we ask.

A few hours sat on an hospital ward brings home just how fortunate we are and how thankful we should be, one elderly lady in the bed next to Annette brought that home to me yesterday and I cant get her out of my  mind.

A lady who was struggling but who still had that fight in her, I bet she was a bugger in her younger days, fiercely independent. "I want a wee" she shouted at the nurse and the struggle began. The nurse brought a commode, take that away the old lady said, I want the toilet. The nurse brought a walking frame, not using that she said, I want a wheel chair. After a battle of minds between the old lady and two nurses she used the walking frame supported by the nurses.

A little later her daughter visited and left and the staff nurse came to tell her she was moving on, I will pack your bag, your daughter knows so dont worry, the old lady was happy.

Then hospital transport came to take her and I heard where she was going, my heart sank. The small community hospital that was taking her has one ward and is used as a short term solution to people until a place is found in a nursing/care home. I'm not decrying that because its a much needed place of care in an over stretched NHS.

Because I was tired last night I ended up in bed at 9 and crashed out. I woke at 2 and decided an hour on the laptop then back to bed would suit me fine, I did it because I could, I am free to do what I like within reason.

That poor old lady has now lost that freedom, carers and care home rules will now dictate her life,brought home to me my mother's last two years with dementia and she was fine, knew no better, that's what dementia does.

This may be my future or yours, we just dont know and TBH thank god there are people out there who do their best to care for us and those we love.

But sitting here at 3.30 in the morning and feeling a tad sorry for myself I cant help but to be thankful I have the freedom to sit here and the mental capacity to feel sorry for myself because many dont have those choices.

Yes a bloody serious and maybe depressing post but those who know me will know that SunderMad for me is a place to unload so unload I have.
love sunderland love sunderland love sunderland

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-10, 11:34 am

Every morning i sit quietly and say a little prayer, in that prayer i thank the lord for my continued good health (not 100% but better than many ) and for my life in general. This will not suit everyone, but it makes me feel better. No harm in trying. You know the saying ' god loves a trier'

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-10, 12:44 pm

The poor end of life/last few years of many especially those with dementia.. brings to mind a phrase " they shoot  horses don't they"...
Everyone of a certain age does not want to end 'a burden or gags.. . what's the solution?

Quite a few years ago I was seriously ill and had a lot of pain.. I have promised myself I will not put myself and loved ones through that again!

However until then.. I have had a pleasant morning at playgroup with the 2 year old granddaughter and I took my grandson to his 1st Sunderland game a few weeks ago.. and take a great deal of pleasure from that.. together with Sunderland games and golf with mates. Not sure I want to linger for too long on a drip with some unlucky sod havingbto wipe my backside.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-09-10, 2:56 pm

Well to top off the worst year of my life last night the secretary of the Bowls Club called me to say one of our members collapsed on the green at the league friendly in Rothbury to mark the end of the season. Sadly despite paramedics and air ambulance support he died an hour later. I am devastated. Karl was a lovely man and Steve and I only played a match against him and some other members last Wednesday.

He is the third member to pass away in the last 5 weeks, one was expected but the last two were just so sudden and really shocking. But if you have to go that is the way to do it. There one minute and then gone, in the blink for an eye. Sad for family and friends, but for him no pain, no worries, no sickness, no fear. RIP Karl, and Bill and Dennis before you. You are all sadly missed. Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-10, 3:43 pm

Some good post, sad for those left behind but honest a choice of going the way H's friends did or my mothers final two years, give me the bowling green every time.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum