SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 12:52 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by Lever Malone

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 8:21 pm by gil t azell

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Players pushing for places

Go down

Players pushing for places

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-05, 1:12 am

After games against Oxford and Stoke a number of players have staked a claim for first team starts.

ROBIN RUITER
A good game against Stoke and two excellent penalty saves was a big improvement on last seasons keystone cops goalkeeping situation. Will he start on Saturday no but pushing Mclaughlin can only be a good thing.

ALIM OZTURK
A good solid game against Oxford followed by a good game against Stoke will have done wonders for his confidence and shown why it is silly to right players off to soon.

TOM FLANAGAN
Flanagan was doing fine before his injury and adds to the competition for places in the back 4 and he can also play full back.

DENVER HUME
Was MOTM for many against Stoke with an impressive display and with Oviedo away and Love under pressure may well get his chance on Saturday.

DYLAN MCGEOUCH
90 minutes under his belt and with Power out is surely a starter on Saturday.

ETHAN ROBSON
Just back from injury and probably on the bench on Saturday.

LUKE MOLYNEUX
Only got 13 minutes but did play for the under 23's a day earlier so again the bench awaits

CHARLIE WYKE
Short on game time but added another 75 minutes against Stoke, interesting to see what Ross does on Saturday.

JEROME SINCLAIR
The surprise inclusion against Stoke and back early from injury, got 25 minutes and looked like he had never been away, will make the bench at the very least on Saturday.

Only a draw on Saturday and only Stokes under 23 team in the cup game but for me so many positives with good players pushing for places in a team already doing well and importantly bringing strength in depth to ever area of the field.

Really looking forward to Saturday and seeing us back on the 3 point journey, Fleetwood will be far from easy, we have already seen teams raising their games against us but we have everything we need to win and we will.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Players pushing for places

Post  Kipper on 2018-09-05, 8:56 am

All sounds promising. Very disappointe  to be missing Power for the next few but at least we have options. It will also be interesting go see what Ross does upfront on Saturday now that Wyke and Sinclair ar  fit.

Did you go Syd? What was up with McGuire? Bit rubbish according to Roker Report.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-05, 9:00 am

Kipper wrote:All sounds promising. Very disappointe  to be missing Power for the next few but at least we have options. It will also be interesting go see what Ross does upfront on Saturday now that Wyke and Sinclair ar  fit.

Did you go Syd? What was up with McGuire? Bit rubbish according to Roker Report.
No I gave it a miss so going of commentary and reports. Maguire may be dipping at just the wrong time for him with Sinclair and Wyke, he could well move Maja over bringing in Wyke, play two up front or bring Sinclar back, good problems to have.

Must admit its Sinclair I want to see back.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum