SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» fa cup 2nd round we have
Yesterday at 10:29 pm by gil t azell

» 40K target
Yesterday at 10:27 pm by gil t azell

»  Morecambe v Sunderland
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by cyprussyd

» WW1
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by vinkel

» Top of the Championship!
Yesterday at 6:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland vs Wycombe
Yesterday at 4:01 pm by cyprussyd

» Cretanmackem look away now!
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by canary-dave

» Vegan"s
Yesterday at 1:24 pm by cretanmakem

» Port Vale cup (tv) Match Day Thread
2018-11-11, 9:15 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 15
2018-11-11, 6:01 pm by canary-dave

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Max Power appeal rejected

Go down

Max Power appeal rejected

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-04, 3:02 pm

The FA have upheld the red card shown to Max Power in Saturday’s draw with Oxford United.

The Black Cats appealed the decision on Monday and have been advised that the player will be suspended for the next three league games.

The club has also been advised that Max is unable to be selected for tonight’s Checkatrade Trophy game against Stoke City.

Speaking about the decision, manager Jack Ross said: “We felt the initial decision to send Max off was harsh. However, it has been heard fairly, and we have to accept the FA’s decision regarding the card.

“What I cannot accept however, is that Max is banned from playing in tonight’s game, yet this does not count as part of his three-game suspension. It’s absolutely non-sensical and I’m sure everyone would agree with me on that.

“We are told that we must treat the Checkatrade Trophy with respect, which we have done so, and that it is a first-team competitive fixture, so my question is why does it not count towards his three-game suspension? We have been unfairly penalised with what is actually a four-game ban for our player, not a three-game ban as the rules state and I cannot understand how that can be the case.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Max Power appeal rejected

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-04, 3:43 pm

It is either a 3 or 4 match ban it cannot be both  Question
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-04, 4:20 pm

sunderpitt wrote:It is either a 3 or 4 match ban it cannot be both  Question
Its seems its just a three match ban but he cant play in four, only at the FA

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-09-04, 5:11 pm

What a shambles of a decision!

Is it any wonder that the folks running football in this country have such an awful reputation?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Horatiocarter on 2018-09-04, 5:27 pm

Copied from the Checkatrade Trophy website:-

Any EFL or Premier League player who is serving a ban or is set to serve a suspension for a yellow or red card offence will be eligible to play in this week’s opening group games in the Checkatrade Trophy.

New disciplinary rules for the revamped cup competition mean that cautions and sending-offs are exclusive to the tournament and in normal circumstances won’t affect other EFL or Premier League fixtures.

Horatiocarter
Starting eleven
Starting eleven

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-04, 5:34 pm

Horatiocarter wrote:Copied from the Checkatrade Trophy website:-

Any EFL or Premier League player who is serving a ban or is set to serve a suspension for a yellow or red card offence will be eligible to play in this week’s opening group games in the Checkatrade Trophy.

New disciplinary rules for the revamped cup competition mean that cautions and sending-offs are exclusive to the tournament and in normal circumstances won’t affect other EFL or Premier League fixtures.
so the FA are just making their own rules on the hoof

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum