SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Today at 5:56 am by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Today at 3:40 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 2:53 am by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 12:59 am by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 11:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 11:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 10:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 8:26 pm by vinkel

» Predictions
Yesterday at 1:54 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 1:02 am by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

I said to Dave

Go down

I said to Dave

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Halfway through the first half on Saturday, a man down and a goal down and playing nothing like our best I turned to Dave and said. "I'm enjoying this", and I was.

But why, why was I enjoying it, losing at home and playing in division 1, how could I be enjoying it?

Well to start with it was good old fashioned blood and guts football, watching us try to compete with Manchester Cities silky smooth football was nice and if we beat them or even got a draw it was great but I was enjoying this more.

The crowd were making a great atmosphere, the team were giving their all but above all even with a man down and a goal behind I believe we could and would win, I hoped we could beat Man City but I never believed it.

Even this early in the season I find myself looking a fixtures of teams around us to see if we can go top, what a change to seeing if we can get out of the bottom three.

I hope we go up and I'm certain we will and I hope we get back in the premier league but I'm in no rush for that bit because when we do get back I want us to have a chance of staying there without great escapes. Even an old deluded fool like me accepts that getting into the top 6 of the prem may be well beyond us and our finances but top half would be great one day.

For now I look forward to Fleetwood on Saturday, already we know there are no easy wins so hard work is needed but I go expecting a win rather than hoping for one and that is a million miles ahead of recent visits, especially last years season of doom, gloom and despair.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I said to Dave

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Hardly deluded Syd

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Halfway through the first half on Saturday, a man down and a goal down and playing nothing like our best I turned to Dave and said. "I'm enjoying this", and I was.

But why, why was I enjoying it, losing at home and playing in division 1, how could I be enjoying it?

Well to start with it was good old fashioned blood and guts football, watching us try to compete with Manchester Cities silky smooth football was nice and if we beat them or even got a draw it was great but I was enjoying this more.

The crowd were making a great atmosphere, the team were giving their all but above all even with a man down and a goal behind I believe we could and would win, I hoped we could beat Man City but I never believed it.

Even this early in the season I find myself looking a fixtures of teams around us to see if we can go top, what a change to seeing if we can get out of the bottom three.

I hope we go up and I'm certain we will and I hope we get back in the premier league but I'm in no rush for that bit because when we do get back I want us to have a chance of staying there without great escapes. Even an old deluded fool like me accepts that getting into the top 6 of the prem may be well beyond us and our finances but top half would be great one day.

For now I look forward to Fleetwood on Saturday, already we know there are no easy wins so hard work is needed but I go expecting a win rather than hoping for one and that is a million miles ahead of recent visits, especially last years season of doom, gloom and despair.
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum