SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
2018-09-19, 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Time off work for the death of a pet

Go down

Time off work for the death of a pet

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-30, 7:53 am

Yes or no, unfortunately i like most have lost a pet and this is nothing compared to losing a close family member.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Time off work for the death of a pet

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-30, 8:03 am

I lost my dog Osca who was like most pets, very much part of the family and I was devastated at the loss, took my a long time to get over it.

But if I had been working would I take time off, no. We are all different so I dont for a moment criticise anyone who needs time off because a loss is a loss and for me was has bad as the loss of any family member but in my case I could not justify time off work.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-08-30, 8:47 pm

Well very sadly we've lost our cat tonight
I'm sure the fact she knew Dave was coming was pure coincidence
As upset as I am, like Syd, couldn't justify taking time off work and tbh, would rather go and keep my mind occupied
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-30, 9:16 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:Well very sadly we've lost our cat tonight
As upset as I am, like Syd, couldn't justify taking time off work and tbh, would rather go and keep my mind occupied
Sorry to hear that Jerry but dont you go blaming Dave, he has not bothered a pusssy for bloody years

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-08-31, 6:29 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:Well very sadly we've lost our cat tonight
Sorry to hear that Jerry but dont you go blaming Dave, he has not bothered a pusssy for bloody years

I nearly had a stroke once.  Embarassed

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-31, 3:34 pm

Reminds me of a true story.

4 blokes are playing golf in a really tight game

One hole is quite near a road and a crematorium. One of the 4 golfers stops as a herse passes, takes his hat off, bows his head and puts his hands together in a respectful pose. One of the other players... says that is very good of you to do that... the man replies.. credit where it is due...she was a good wife for 39 years!
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-01, 7:36 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Reminds me of a true story.

4 blokes are playing golf in a really tight game

One hole is quite near a road and a crematorium. One of the 4 golfers stops as a herse passes, takes his hat off, bows his head and puts his hands together in a respectful pose. One of the other players... says that is very good of you to do that... the man replies.. credit where it is due...she was a good wife for 39 years!
I've heared that joke many times. Its normally two blokes stood in a bus queue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Reiver on 2018-09-02, 3:28 pm

I think that there's an argument for saying you should, but it depends on the animal.

I lost a horse a couple of years back and couldn't really concentrate much for a couple of days.   Saying that, I've lost cats before and not been affected so it all depends.

I've got a 7 year old Labrador at the moment and hopefully he'll be around for another 7 years yet but I know already that when he goes i'll be bereft and certainly won't be any good to anybody work wise.
Reiver
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-02, 4:24 pm

I guess I come from it from the angle that I understand that to me a pet is part of the family so should be mourned and grief understood. But to anyone not into animals in the same way a pet is just an animal who happens to share your life, yes be upset but how can anyone take time off work.

So maybe its not the animal for me but the humans view of the animal, Osca never allowed me to treat him as an animal, more a superior.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-09-02, 8:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I guess I come from it from the angle that I understand that to me a pet is part of the family so should be mourned and grief understood. But to anyone not into animals in the same way a pet is just an animal who happens to share your life, yes be upset but how can anyone take time off work.

So maybe its not the animal for me but the humans view of the animal, Osca never allowed me to treat him as an animal, more a superior.
In NZ employers must give a universal 3 days bereavement leave for the loss of an immediate family member (employee's spouse, parents, stepparents, sisters, brothers, children, stepchildren, grandparents, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, or grandchild) or Whānau (Maori for family/tribe) however many have up to 5 days written into their  employment agreement which can not be accumulated as with leave or sickness.
Pets are not included by law but I'd like to think a wise employer would most certainly appreciate the impact on performance and give time off, I most certainly have.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-09-03, 8:54 pm

Reiver wrote:I think that there's an argument for saying you should, but it depends on the animal.

I lost a horse a couple of years back and couldn't really concentrate much for a couple of days.   Saying that, I've lost cats before and not been affected so it all depends.

I've got a 7 year old Labrador at the moment and hopefully he'll be around for another 7 years yet but I know already that when he goes i'll be bereft and certainly won't be any good to anybody work wise.

I had a lab for 14 yrs. The vet advised me to have him put down. Broke my heart but took the experts advice. The vets assistant said prior to the injection your not going to cry are you? Anyway after the deed and a few tears I hit the b*stard on the way out. So much for being a caring person. 

Never took time off work but took ages to get over it.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum