SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» A fine line
Yesterday at 11:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» Predictions Week 9
Yesterday at 10:39 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 7:33 pm by Nostalgic

» Our next two games Coventry Away
Yesterday at 2:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore
Yesterday at 2:32 pm by sunderpitt

» Our new music
Yesterday at 1:17 pm by vinkel

» Tomorrow Night - New Quiz Night at The Peacock (Every Tuesday)
Yesterday at 11:21 am by DanielFullard

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 9:43 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 5:03 am by Nostalgic

» Quiz 112
2018-09-23, 10:58 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland v Oxford United

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Oxford United

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-09-02, 11:43 am

I’ve watched the sending off on the highlights.  It was a rash tackle and a little stupid tbh but on another day with a different ref just a yellow would also be justified.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember you had more than your fair share of red cards last season.  Coming back from this red card so early on surely bodes well for the future.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Yesterday.

Post  Manorman66 on 2018-09-02, 12:31 pm

Good pub grub (port of call) Long trek to stadium walked it off! Cracking atmosphere, by both sets of fans. An entertaining game, which the officials did their best to ruin, which you find happens more often than not in this division.  Rolling Eyes

I think we (Oxford) started the match very well, never gave the home team the time to dwell on the ball and launched some effective attacks, that we 'only' scored once from the chances made gave the feeling it might cost us later in the match, especially as our lads had put in a lot of energy into it. 
So it was, a nicely taken equaliser meant we shared the points, so a disappointing result but really chuffed with our performance. 

Good luck rest of the season, except when we meet at Grenoble road!
Manorman66

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-02, 12:36 pm

Manorman66 wrote:Good pub grub (port of call) Long trek to stadium walked it off! Cracking atmosphere, by both sets of fans. An entertaining game, which the officials did their best to ruin, which you find happens more often than not in this division.  Rolling Eyes

I think we (Oxford) started the match very well, never gave the home team the time to dwell on the ball and launched some effective attacks, that we 'only' scored once from the chances made gave the feeling it might cost us later in the match, especially as our lads had put in a lot of energy into it. 
So it was, a nicely taken equaliser meant we shared the points, so a disappointing result but really chuffed with our performance. 

Good luck rest of the season, except when we meet at Grenoble road!
APPL APPL

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-09-02, 2:06 pm

Great day and evening! The match was still enjoyable and it was special to toast Billy and meet some new faces.

However, despite leaving Syd at his door last evening I awoke this morning to find him gone, his bed not slept in, his full English breakfast uneaten, me left distraught and the guest house cleaning lady had not arrived. Rumours abound that Syd and the cleaner were last seen heading north to Gretna!!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-09-02, 2:26 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Great day and evening! The match was still enjoyable and it was special to toast Billy and meet some new faces.

However, despite leaving Syd at his door last evening I awoke this morning to find him gone, his bed not slept in, his full English breakfast uneaten, me left distraught and the guest house cleaning lady had not arrived. Rumours abound that Syd and the cleaner were last seen heading north to Gretna!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-09-02, 2:45 pm

Mackemneil wrote:Great day and evening! The match was still enjoyable and it was special to toast Billy and meet some new faces.

You sure he didn't sneak back to The Roker for the waitress?
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-09-02, 2:48 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:

Not sure he can do 'sneak'  Very Happy
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-09-02, 3:58 pm

gil t azell wrote:Draw a fair result.

Sending off, deserved but then we need consistency. All cynical fouls should be a red imo.

Officials, the worst ever.

Poor start from SAFC who looked lethargic. Tired late in 2nd which was understandable.

Oxfords tactics. They must know this ref. Run at somebody, fall over get free kick. Cheating imo.
Spot on gil. 

like like like
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-09-02, 4:04 pm

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Before I give my view on the game can I say how good it was to see so many at the tavern to raise a glass to Billy and how good it was to finally put faces to some posters.

Dave is now ready to catch his train home after another few days he enjoyed and it was great to see him again.

The game itself I think is summed up honestly by Ross in the above clip, red or no red, good or bad play, I left feeling happy that a goal and man down and far from our best saw us come away with a point, what we would have given for that over the last two seasons.

But I end where I started, yesterday was for me about mare than a football match, meeting new people, getting to see H and Steve again and Dave's visit all great but above all remembering Billy, he would have been proud at the amount of f*ck, c**t and twxxs being proclaimed in his memory at the Colliery Tavern and no doubt up there in the skies would have been a chorus of the same old shit after our draw.
I'll second that Syd

beer beer beer beer beer
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-02, 4:06 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:

I will come clean, I hardly slept, bed to soft and I did not fit, was sitting in the dinning room for breakfast cup of tea with in hand and no appetite at all so told Tony, the landlord, to skip my breakfast and I drove down to seafront and just sat there. I text Dave and told me just to text ne when he was ready, cant tell you what was wrong but was just pleased to get home.

BTW, no beds were broken.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-09-02, 4:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:

I will come clean, I hardly slept, bed to soft and I did not fit, was sitting in the dinning room for breakfast cup of tea with in hand and no appetite at all so told Tony, the landlord, to skip my breakfast and I drove down to seafront and just sat there. I text Dave and told me just to text ne when he was ready, cant tell you what was wrong but was just pleased to get home.

BTW, no beds were broken.
kiss kiss kiss
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-02, 4:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-02, 6:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum