SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Today at 8:34 pm by cyprussyd

» Checkatrade next round
Today at 8:10 pm by vinkel

» Craig Samson
Today at 8:00 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 117
Today at 7:57 pm by Nostalgic

» Pompey game
Today at 7:09 pm by sunderpitt

» 40K target
Today at 6:55 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 116
Today at 6:49 pm by Hieronymus

»  Morecambe v Sunderland
Today at 3:52 pm by barrowmackem

» Claudio IS BACK
Today at 9:29 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 8:10 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland v Oxford United

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Oxford United

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-31, 1:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:My hope is that Love and Ozturk have good games and I will cheer them on to do so. Cos' I fear if they do not we may not get a result.

Looking forward to the morrow' and intetested to see what the grandson will make of it.
My guess is he will be bored by half time and want to go home. However in my experience of grandsons and football he can be bribed with sweets and games on tablets.

I suspect you may be correct.. taking him sandwiches and drinks so plenty trips to the loo
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-31, 1:27 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:My hope is that Love and Ozturk have good games and I will cheer them on to do so. Cos' I fear if they do not we may not get a result.

Looking forward to the morrow' and intetested to see what the grandson will make of it.
My guess is he will be bored by half time and want to go home. However in my experience of grandsons and football he can be bribed with sweets and games on tablets.

I suspect you may be correct.. taking him sandwiches and drinks so plenty trips to the loo
I remember Silvers posting about his trip, I think with granddaughter and I'm sure he made half time, just. Mind that was in Shorts era so he was probably relieved.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-31, 2:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-31, 2:13 pm

Just had a look at the seating for this  game and looking very good with the bulk eiter low or sold out, Charlie could well get his wish of 32,000 plus and a bouncing stadium again.

Cant wait, loving this new feeling  on match days.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-08-31, 2:44 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Not to mention the pissed off fans who have to get up to let you out, especially after about the 4th ot 5th time. However, Brian I hope that both you and the littlle lad have a great day and, of couse, your grandson sees a thrilling game and Sunderland net a bag full of goals.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-31, 2:51 pm

lesmac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Not to mention the pissed off fans who have to get up to let you out, especially after about the 4th ot 5th time. However, Brian I hope that both you and the littlle lad have a great day and, of couse, your grandson sees a thrilling game and Sunderland net a bag full of goals.

I'll second that.. not about the grumpy old men whinging.. but about a cracking day put and win!

Ps..try taking them to a movie.. all that iced coke.. mind every other kid in the cinema is the same
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-01, 9:18 am

Its match day and what a day I'm hoping for. I was in the Roker last night with Jerry, Nick and Dave and Charlie was in with what I assume was some mates from Oxford, a strange day for him and Donald today.

But not a strange day for us but one that will start with a somber but no doubt humorousness meeting in the Colliery Tavern for a drink for Billy.

The match programme will have our tribute to Billy, fingers crossed they do him proud then the game itself, surely it wont be the same old Sunderland and we will continue with our winning run.

Then tonight a drink or two and meal with the motley crew followed by more drink, yes you can tell Jerry will be there leading us all astray, again.

If you are going for a drink for Billy I look forward to seeing you at the pub.

If you cant make that, I know both black cat kiwi and Noz have come up with some lame excuse about flight times, enjoy the day.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-09-01, 10:46 am

I presume that we'll be at the side of the tent/bar at the seating area, and we'll recognise each other, but I've only met a few and only once (at Mountsett). Also, should we designate a specific time to raise our glasses (14:00 would probably give everybody time to be there) ?
Gordon Armstrong
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-01, 11:11 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:I presume that we'll be at the side of the tent/bar at the seating area, and we'll recognise each other,  but I've only met a few and only once (at Mountsett). Also, should we designate a specific time to raise our glasses (14:00 would probably give everybody time to be there) ?
I am the tall handsome one with the athletic built and I answer to big boy

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-09-01, 11:27 am

I will be wearing a nana nana nana nana batman shirt. You all know the song.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-01, 12:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:I presume that we'll be at the side of the tent/bar at the seating area, and we'll recognise each other,  but I've only met a few and only once (at Mountsett). Also, should we designate a specific time to raise our glasses (14:00 would probably give everybody time to be there) ?
I am the tall handsome one with the athletic built and I answer to big boy

I believe the occupants of the White House call that statement 'alternative facts'
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-09-01, 12:22 pm

We will probably all be singing that song (in our heads, I hope), Gil, until we see Syd's adonis-like body, then we'll almost certainly be thinking about Chubby Brown's theme tune Smile
Gordon Armstrong
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-09-01, 5:18 pm

Final Score 1 - 1

Still unbeaten.

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-01, 6:38 pm

Hmm Oxford started on the front foot.. we did not

Max Power stupid tackle... sent off

Oxford did not really take advantage of the extra player and we could have won it.

Ref was awful

Grandson thought it was hot loud and scary and will go again
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-09-01, 6:51 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Hmm Oxford started on the front foot.. we did not

Oxford did not really take advantage of the extra player and we could have won it.

Ref was awful

Yeh stupid careless unprofessional idiotic foul 
But simply not a sending off
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-09-01, 7:32 pm

We must learn from that game, Oxford wont be the only side to play like that up here.
Big stadium big crowd nothing to lose. Scrap for everything and run at the heart of the defense. They fully deserved it first 30 mins. As i say learn from it use it as a lesson.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-09-01, 11:14 pm

Need to start a lot better but couldn't tell we had 10 men fo  the most part so that was a positive. Cattermole I thought had another decnt game. Still impressed with Baldwin. Gooch decent 2nd half. Quite afew stray passes including from Oviedo which was disappointing. Expected more from Wyke. Referee was shocking. Oxford took the opportunity to con him whenever they could.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-09-02, 6:18 am

Vincemac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Hmm Oxford started on the front foot.. we did not

Ref was awful

Yeh stupid careless unprofessional idiotic foul 
But simply not a sending off

Tackled from behind......Studs up = Giving the Referee the option. As you said stupid tackle, however the FA might have the last say.

Red or Yellow

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-09-02, 7:16 am

Draw a fair result.

Sending off, deserved but then we need consistency. All cynical fouls should be a red imo.

Officials, the worst ever.

Poor start from SAFC who looked lethargic. Tired late in 2nd which was understandable.

Oxfords tactics. They must know this ref. Run at somebody, fall over get free kick. Cheating imo.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-09-02, 8:32 am

Just looked at the incident it’s yellow all day I’ve seen worse get a yellow, bad tackle yes but not red
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-09-02, 8:57 am

paddocklad wrote:Just looked at the incident it’s yellow all day I’ve seen worse get a yellow, bad tackle yes but not red

If there is an argument why Power should have been sent off.. I am still mystified why McGuire was not given a 2nd yellow?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-02, 9:55 am

Before I give my view on the game can I say how good it was to see so many at the tavern to raise a glass to Billy and how good it was to finally put faces to some posters.

Dave is now ready to catch his train home after another few days he enjoyed and it was great to see him again.

The game itself I think is summed up honestly by Ross in the above clip, red or no red, good or bad play, I left feeling happy that a goal and man down and far from our best saw us come away with a point, what we would have given for that over the last two seasons.

But I end where I started, yesterday was for me about mare than a football match, meeting new people, getting to see H and Steve again and Dave's visit all great but above all remembering Billy, he would have been proud at the amount of f*ck, c**t and twxxs being proclaimed in his memory at the Colliery Tavern and no doubt up there in the skies would have been a chorus of the same old shit after our draw.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-09-02, 10:15 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-09-02, 11:14 am

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Before I give my view on the game can I say how good it was to see so many at the tavern to raise a glass to Billy and how good it was to finally put faces to some posters.

Dave is now ready to catch his train home after another few days he enjoyed and it was great to see him again.

The game itself I think is summed up honestly by Ross in the above clip, red or no red, good or bad play, I left feeling happy that a goal and man down and far from our best saw us come away with a point, what we would have given for that over the last two seasons.

But I end where I started, yesterday was for me about mare than a football match, meeting new people, getting to see H and Steve again and Dave's visit all great but above all remembering Billy, he would have been proud at the amount of f*ck, c**t and twxxs being proclaimed in his memory at the Colliery Tavern and no doubt up there in the skies would have been a chorus of the same old shit after our draw.
Well said on all counts Syd.

Agree about getting the point. Officials possible the worst I have seen. Oxford decent team but a gust of wind and they were down. Dont like to see that.

Although it was a shame in the way we had to meet I would like to say it was lovely meeting you all. I would like to say that but I'm not going to lie. It was absolutely average. to to to to to to to to. Haha only kidding fellow posters.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-09-02, 11:24 am

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well said on all counts Syd.

Agree about getting the point. Officials possible the worst I have seen. Oxford decent team but a gust of wind and they were down. Dont like to see that.

Although it was a shame in the way we had to meet I would like to say it was lovely meeting you all. I would like to say that but I'm not going to lie. It was absolutely average. to to to to to to to to. Haha only kidding fellow posters.
Great to meet everyone 
Came away with a deserved draw 
Bad tackle but not a red
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next