SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Maja, signing or leaving?
Today at 8:16 pm by sunderpitt

» Well, what went wrong yesterday
Today at 6:40 pm by gil t azell

» League Table Week 15
Today at 6:35 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 14
Today at 6:34 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 15
Today at 6:32 pm by gil t azell

» Quiz 117
Today at 5:34 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 118
Today at 6:33 am by Nostalgic

» Predictions Week 16
Today at 3:12 am by canary-dave

» Predictions Mid Week 16
Today at 3:07 am by canary-dave

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 9:23 am by Hieronymus

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland v Oxford United

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Oxford United

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-25, 10:39 pm

Our game on the 1st September will start around 1.30 at the colliery tavern with a bitter sweet drink in memory of Billy D. I remember well logging on and reading the title on Jerries post, "Sad News", opening the post I did not for one moment expecto read of Billy's passing but pass he did and it will be fitting to remember him at the Tavern.

The game itself will be a game of great expectation but the starting 11, well who knows, will Catts and Oviedo still be here? Will Wyke be fit and will Mcgeouch and if he does who for?

Hopefully Mathews will be fit because Love is finding it hard so far but despite a poor performance for us at Wimbledon we still came away with all three points and we all know that playing badly and winning is a very good omen.

So the players can enjoy an easier week and should be fit and ready to go, hopefully a lot more than 30,000 will be there to cheer them on.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Oxford United

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-26, 8:13 am

I am pleased Oxford didn't  lose yesterday, remember when QPR came up here a couple of years back, with that awful record. They beat us 2 -0.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-26, 9:41 am

vinkel wrote:I am pleased Oxford didn't  lose yesterday, remember when QPR came up here a couple of years back, with that awful record. They beat us 2 -0.
Dave is up, big crowd, first game of the season for many, bottom of the table team, may have Wyke back, could go top.

What on earth could go wrong?

No,no,no that's the old Sunderland.(it may take a few months for that feeling to go)

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-26, 1:03 pm

I expect us to totally hammer Oxford and am going for a repeat from years ago when we beat them 7-0.

If Wyke is fit I hope we change tactics and go 2 upfront. This is surely a game where we should hopefully have the game won again by HT if we go all out early on. We are near top, them are near bottom. Lets just ruin any confidence they may have by scoring early.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-26, 1:08 pm

gil t azell wrote:I expect us to totally hammer Oxford and am going for a repeat from years ago when we beat them 7-0.

If Wyke is fit I hope we change tactics and go 2 upfront. This is surely a game where we should hopefully have the game won again by HT if we go all out early on. We are near top, them are near bottom. Lets just ruin any confidence they may have by scoring early.
Well I intend to help by shouting feck off you batards, booing and shaking my walking stick at their fans.

We are known as..
THE EAST STAND HOOLIGANS

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-26, 1:44 pm

I will be happy with a win.. one goal is enough 

If we win by lots... Will be very happy indeed
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-08-26, 8:11 pm

us old timers know only to well when we think were going to win it all goes  pull

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-27, 1:16 pm

Wyke back in training with squad this week with an outside chance of making the bench, he will however be short of gametime.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-27, 1:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Wyke back in training with squad this week with an outside chance of making the bench, he will however be short of gametime.

Game will be won by HT so he can have a little 30 minute run out in the 2nd. And score his 1st for us.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-28, 9:25 am

Predicted team is...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-28, 6:23 pm

There seems to be an idea abroad  that we are going to win easy on Saturday.  That probably means this will be a very tough game.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-28, 7:49 pm

sunderpitt wrote:There seems to be an idea abroad  that we are going to win easy on Saturday.  That probably means this will be a very tough game.
The natural confidence that comes with winning is a good thing, its the start of the winning mentality.

However I doubt that Ross or the players will mistake that for easy.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-30, 2:58 pm

I know we want lots of fans there on saturday but I have just waited in line at the ticket office, 30 mins, to get a seat for my grandson (aged 5 first time) and to switch mine to be next to him. The queue was not to long but only 2 clerks on and taking ages.

Bonus was going across the new bridge
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-30, 3:19 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I know we want lots of fans there on saturday but I have just waited in line at the ticket office, 30 mins, to get a seat for my grandson (aged 5 first time) and to switch mine to be next to him. The queue was not to long but only 2 clerks on and taking ages.

It's the 5 year wait I find more surprising Smile
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-30, 3:37 pm

Kipper wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I know we want lots of fans there on saturday but I have just waited in line at the ticket office, 30 mins, to get a seat for my grandson (aged 5 first time) and to switch mine to be next to him. The queue was not to long but only 2 clerks on and taking ages.

C'mon honestly would you have subjected any young relative to a Sunderland home game in the past few years.   Crying or Very sad My thoughts were it would have put him off for life... dire football pissed off fans etc
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-30, 3:57 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Kipper wrote:

C'mon honestly would you have subjected any young relative to a Sunderland home game in the past few years.   Crying or Very sad  My thoughts were it would have put him off for life... dire football pissed off fans etc
You're absolutely right. I think I introduced my daughter at the wrong time. My son though - he's an obstinate bugger and just wanted to keep going back!
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-30, 4:16 pm

Kipper wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Kipper wrote:

C'mon honestly would you have subjected any young relative to a Sunderland home game in the past few years.   Crying or Very sad  My thoughts were it would have put him off for life... dire football pissed off fans etc
You're absolutely right. I think I introduced my daughter at the wrong time. My son though - he's an obstinate bugger and just wanted to keep going back!

I blame the jeans (spelling?)
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-30, 7:38 pm

Both Mathews and Loovens major doubts so Love and Ozturk probable starters

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-31, 2:44 am

COME ON

• UNBEATEN IN THE LEAGUE
  • ON THE BACK OF TWO GREAT AWAY WINS
  • DAVE IS HERE TO SEE US
  • H LOOKING FORWARD TO HER FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON
  • SECOND IN LEAGUE
  • OXFORD THIRD OF BOTTOM
  • BIG CROWD READY TO PARTY
  • EVERYONE EXPECTING ALL THREE POINTS

OH SHIT, ARE YOU THINKING WHAT I AM THINKING?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-08-31, 8:21 am

Going to say something I would never dared say in the last 5 years going to the match....we WILL win like
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-31, 9:15 am

My hope is that Love and Ozturk have good games and I will cheer them on to do so. Cos' I fear if they do not we may not get a result.

Looking forward to the morrow' and intetested to see what the grandson will make of it.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-31, 9:21 am

sunderpitt wrote:My hope is that Love and Ozturk have good games and I will cheer them on to do so. Cos' I fear if they do not we may not get a result.

Looking forward to the morrow' and intetested to see what the grandson will make of it.
My guess is he will be bored by half time and want to go home. However in my experience of grandsons and football he can be bribed with sweets and games on tablets.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-31, 10:33 am

29585 tickets sold as of an hour ago. Hopefully that number continues to rise and we have a nice full stadium tomorrow

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-08-31, 12:10 pm

Well either way I win. My uncle was head grounsman at Oxford many years ago and got me many great autographs.  Most memorable being Stanley Matthews. Oxford may have thoughts on next round of Carabao Cup at home to Man City.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-31, 1:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:My hope is that Love and Ozturk have good games and I will cheer them on to do so. Cos' I fear if they do not we may not get a result.

My guess is he will be bored by half time and want to go home. However in my experience of grandsons and football he can be bribed with sweets and games on tablets.

I suspect you may be correct.. taking him sandwiches and drinks so plenty trips to the loo
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum