SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» fa cup 2nd round we have
Yesterday at 10:29 pm by gil t azell

» 40K target
Yesterday at 10:27 pm by gil t azell

»  Morecambe v Sunderland
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by cyprussyd

» WW1
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by vinkel

» Top of the Championship!
Yesterday at 6:04 pm by canary-dave

» Sunderland vs Wycombe
Yesterday at 4:01 pm by cyprussyd

» Cretanmackem look away now!
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by canary-dave

» Vegan"s
Yesterday at 1:24 pm by cretanmakem

» Port Vale cup (tv) Match Day Thread
2018-11-11, 9:15 pm by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 15
2018-11-11, 6:01 pm by canary-dave

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Maybe controversial but

Go down

Maybe controversial but

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-25, 1:03 pm

I am a very big fan of our new leaders, their openness and how they all interact with the fans.

However I have a wee concern over Charlie Methven , a man I like a lot and he above everyone has embraced the club and its fans.

Last game he was next to me in the fans zone and was willing to talk to anyone, have his photo taken with anyone,none of it was a job, a duty, a chore all was done with a beaming smile, fantastic.

But my concern is the growing light hearted posts on social media about his love of a pint, has anyone seen him without a pint, there is Charlie with his pint. I am not a drinker and do become concerned about some drinking habits of friends and acquaintances, I know alcohol can cause problems and can kill but that's just me.

My concern is the image that Charlie may be giving out but maybe I am just being a killjoy, all the same its a genuine concern.

Go on then, tear me apart when you sober up.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe controversial but

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-25, 1:20 pm

Many many worse sins in life than the odd pint or two, i myself get through a massive 6 a week Razz.
If any one makes an issue on that, i feel more sorry for them.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-25, 1:27 pm

vinkel wrote:Many many worse sins in life than the odd pint or two, i myself get through a massive 6 a week Razz.
If any one makes an issue on that, i feel more sorry for them.
Nothing at all wrong with the odd pint and you seem to be very defencive Vinkle but no need to feel sorry for me at all if you feel I am making an issue out or enjoying a pint, I will be enjoying a few myself next Saturday evening.

I do however get concerned when the enjoyment of a pint becomes a real need for a pint, or two or more, I have seen close up and personal the damage that can be done when a pint becomes an addiction and my sympathy goes to the battered wife and ruined lives that can come through drink, drugs, gambling.

My point was not to come down on the social drinker but to voice a very, very slight concern about the wrong message that just maybe is being given.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-08-25, 1:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I am a very big fan of our new leaders, their openness and how they all interact with the fans.

However I have a wee concern over Charlie Methven , a man I like a lot and he above everyone has embraced the club and its fans.

Last game he was next to me in the fans zone and was willing to talk to anyone, have his photo taken with anyone,none of it was a job, a duty, a chore all was done with a beaming smile, fantastic.

But my concern is the growing light hearted posts on social media about his love of a pint, has anyone seen him without a pint, there is Charlie with his pint. I am not a drinker and do become concerned about some drinking habits of friends and acquaintances, I know alcohol can cause problems and can kill but that's just me.

My concern is the image that Charlie may be giving out but maybe I am just being a killjoy, all the same its a genuine concern.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me, people with alcohol problems suffer from mood swings which Charlie doesn't appear to have.  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-25, 2:40 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I am a very big fan of our new leaders, their openness and how they all interact with the fans.

i think i have not given the correct message about Charlie, its the bit about social media i refer to.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum