SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Today at 8:34 pm by cyprussyd

» Checkatrade next round
Today at 8:10 pm by vinkel

» Craig Samson
Today at 8:00 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 117
Today at 7:57 pm by Nostalgic

» Pompey game
Today at 7:09 pm by sunderpitt

» 40K target
Today at 6:55 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 116
Today at 6:49 pm by Hieronymus

»  Morecambe v Sunderland
Today at 3:52 pm by barrowmackem

» Claudio IS BACK
Today at 9:29 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 8:10 am by cyprussyd

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The final 7 days

Go down

The final 7 days

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-24, 9:11 am

Thank god the transfer window is about to slam shut and we can all get on with supporting whoever we have. My feel is we will bring in Ryan Christie. from Celtic on loan with a view to making it permanent in January.

Ross is determined to only add bodies that will make a difference so it may well be that no new striker arrives and TBH that would not upset me.

Out will finally go N'Dong and Pappy, they wont be missed but Cattermole and Oviedo will stay, Shorts final years seemed to be any investment is dead money, Donald goes for the investment in high wages is good business if it gets us promotion.

Oviedo is an undoubted aset and Cattermole is proving his worth even though a guaranteed start is far from certain when we have a fit squad. When you listen to Ross he is very clear about Cattermoles positive influence around the dressing room and training ground.

One thing is for sure, come the morning of the 1st September we must all put to one side our personal likes or dislikes and get behind whoever is left and I know we will do that.

The next window in January will hopefully see the addition of one or two players, quality players who can add that little bit extra to see us over the line rather than what we are used to, trying to sign players to save us.

Happy days my friends, happy days.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The final 7 days

Post  SunderFC on 2018-08-24, 10:04 am

I don't think we will bring in Ryan Christy because we have enough players in midfield.
SunderFC

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-24, 11:07 am

SunderFC wrote:I don't think we will bring in Ryan Christy because we have enough players in midfield.

Good point and we have a certain Watmore back at some point in a few months?

In the push for promotion I would like us to play 2 strikers.. so I believe does Ross.. that normally means having 4 strikers in the squad.. a practice that Ross has enunciated also.

My preference for the 4th striker would be someone different from Maja, Wyke and Sinclair.. for me a Victor Anchibe(sp) is the type to complement the other 3

Now N'Dong and Dillybodgy need to be away I suspect before we take on a striker... or it maybe there is nobody suitable out there atm that fits the bill. We could probably hold out anyhow till January sales come around.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-24, 11:26 am

SunderFC wrote:I don't think we will bring in Ryan Christy because we have enough players in midfield.
Ross says we are short of left footers in midfield and that's why he wants Christy.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-24, 11:51 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Ross says we are short of left footers in midfield and that's why he wants Christy.are

Are you talking about the sectarian divide between Celtic and Rangers? I can never remember which of those are left footed
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-24, 1:01 pm

Funny thing this need for another striker. No shortage of goals at the moment!
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-24, 1:37 pm

Kipper wrote:Funny thing this need for another striker. No shortage of goals at the moment!

True that... but with the number of games we play 46.. plus cup games we undoubtedly will have injuries and dry spells
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-24, 2:12 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Kipper wrote:Funny thing this need for another striker. No shortage of goals at the moment!

True that... but with the number of games we play 46.. plus cup games we undoubtedly will have injuries and dry spells
And there in lies the problem.

Any young good loan signing will want games and he may not get many.
I can see the point in a out of contract player however I cant help but think back at the many cheap or out or contract players we have brought in. We quickly saw through old legs, injuries or both why they were cheap or out of contract.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum