SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Today at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Today at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Today at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Today at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 8:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
Yesterday at 4:02 pm by canary-dave

» RIP Kevin Beattie
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Lee Barry Cattermole

Go down

Catts

19% 19% 
[ 3 ]
44% 44% 
[ 7 ]
37% 37% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 16

Lee Barry Cattermole

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-21, 8:36 am

Love him or hate him you just cant ignore him.

Until Thursday night all talk seemed to be about the useless footballer who needed moving on ASAP with social media in melt down over him.

Now, two games later many views have changed, by no means all BTW, and Catts has become a major asset we must keep, all this and I can't remember him uttering one word. Even the passing of the captains armband has become a major talking point, for me it was simple, Honeyman was walking off, he passed Cattermole so handed him the armband to pass on to the player I would assume had been nominated to take over, Loovens.

I would like Catts to stay because I think he will be an asset in this division but with the players we have in midfield I'm not sure he will be a first choice so could be an expensive back up.

As with Oviedo I would like to keep both but in the end if good offers come in they will go.

But what would you do with Catts, keep or sell,(loan out)?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee Barry Cattermole

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-08-21, 9:32 am

1, we need the old guard gone to complete the reset.
2, He is costing a fortune. (no fault of his by the way)
Sell for me.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-21, 10:45 am

I'm pretty much with Barrow on this. I think in our squad he's superfluous and hasn't got the ability of some of the other players to switch play to the other side with the type of accuracy we saw on Sunday. I must admit to wavering slightly over the last couple of games, but I trust Ross to know what's best. I think Cattermole got lucky that we had a cup game after Luton because if it was league I don't think he would have got a game. Fair play to him, he then upped his game and deservedly kept his place. Will he keep it up though? If he consistently plays well I may even change my mind about him!
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-21, 11:20 am

I voted not bothered either way.. but we now have a number of mids who could do a job for us. If his going meant we could have a couple more strikers... I would be a firm sell.

Ovideo as an attacking LB offers the team something that nobody else does.. he is obvious class in this league... Catts is not so obviously so
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-21, 1:35 pm

I am sure i read somewhere he had offered to stay on at reduced wages.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-08-21, 1:39 pm

vinkel wrote:I am sure i read somewhere he had offered to stay on at reduced wages.
Probably not reduced enough
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-22, 12:19 pm

Lee Cattermole’s display against Scunthorpe United was a timely reminder of the qualities he brings to the side when fit and on song.

There were the trademark challenges that lift the crowd, robust but well executed and perfectly timed. In possession he kept it simple, moving it on quickly and crisply to players capable of doing more damage further up the field. He organised well, relaying the instructions of his manager to team-mates when an injury to Adam Matthews forced a second-half reshuffle. 

With Max Power and George Honeyman excelling just in front of him, his lack of pace was rarely exposed and he was able to put in a performance that rightly drew praise from right across the Sunderland fanbase. Those in the ground sang his name, underlining that heart and endeavour will always win you the affections of the loyal home support. It was a personal victory for Cattermole, who has (rightly) caused much debate this summer. Many, including this column, wondered whether he would be able to thrive in the high tempo, intense style favoured by Jack Ross. 

On Sunday he proved he could and answered more than a few questions about both his attitude and his ability. It was a win, too, for the calm and delicate way Ross has handled a difficult situation. It is no secret that Cattermole has become, in the eyes of many, tainted by successive relegations and associated with a period in the club’s history where morale and performances were abysmal. His role in some of the better days of the Premier League era has, for at least a year, been overshadowed. By and large, 

Ross has favoured making clean breaks with the past. He was full of praise for John O’Shea’s professionalism, his achievements and his ability, but allowed him to leave when the Irishman would have been open to an offer to stay. Bucking the recent trend of managers at the Stadium of Light, he radically overhauled the backroom staff, with almost every voice on the training ground this year a new one. He made no attempt whatsoever to convince Lamine Kone to knuckle down and join the squad when the centre-back made clear he wished to move on. 

Whether he would have liked to have moved Cattermole on, we will never know. It was clear, however, that Cattermole’s contractual situation meant there was always a good chance he would still be at the club when the new season rolled around. Consistency and fairness is the cornerstone of his man-management style and so he was determined not to ostracise the midfielder. He was given the opportunity to prove his commitment and he took it.

With the influential Dylan McGeouch and the talented Ethan Robson injured, Ross has been able to call upon Cattermole during a difficult period, ensuring that not too much pressure and work is forced on the shoulders of Bali Mumba. Both Ross and Cattermole deserve credit for working calmly through what could have been a difficult situation. Cattermole’s long-term future remains unclear and there remains little doubt that the Black Cats would be open to offers for the 30-year-old. There will also remain, understandably, a bitter taste for some supporters and some of the Sunderland hierarchy that Margaret Byrne is still able to hold some level of influence of the club. Ross, however, cannot change that and can only focus on what is best for the team and the team environment. He has done that perfectly, and allowed Cattermole himself to prove he still has ssomething to offer, whether it be at this club or elsewhere. Essentially, everyone wins.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum