SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
2018-09-19, 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-19, 11:15 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well its here again and just how good is it to be looking forward to going to the SoL to watch our team, a far cry from the dread of last season and the season before.

I know many have still not been tempted back but honestly, if you can get there I suggest you do it, I dont think you will be disappointed because win lose or draw you can be sure of total commitment, good attacking football and a cracking atmosphere.

If you will be there I hope to see you and especially look forward to my bear hug from Jerry., Sunders, a handshake will do from you.

Hoping to be there.. with my mum in S Tyneside atm and not sure when I can leave her.. hurt her leg
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-08-19, 11:27 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well its here again and just how good is it to be looking forward to going to the SoL to watch our team, a far cry from the dread of last season and the season before.

I know many have still not been tempted back but honestly, if you can get there I suggest you do it, I dont think you will be disappointed because win lose or draw you can be sure of total commitment, good attacking football and a cracking atmosphere.

If you will be there I hope to see you and especially look forward to my bear hug from Jerry., Sunders, a handshake will do from you.

Hoping to be there.. with my mum in S Tyneside atm and not sure when I can leave her.. hurt her leg
Sorry to hear about your mam. 
Hope it's not too serious
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-19, 7:08 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Not too bad.. left her with her brother and sister-in-law, having lunch.

Then 3-0... players particularly good 1st half.

Two home wins in a row
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-19, 7:43 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Two home wins in a row
Pleased you made it, yes it was a really good first 45. Crisp pass and move football, but what went wrong second half. At the final whistle i felt disappointed, robbed even. Second half was like watching a complete different game.
And i think JR made a big mistake today, game all but won on 45 mins, so why risk our only fit striker.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-08-19, 7:43 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Two home wins in a row
Good news on both fronts
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-19, 7:45 pm

Many, many things to improve on and that can only bode well for the season ahead but, but, but..

The first half we saw the Ross team playing the Ross way and it was an absolute pleasure to watch. Fast attacking football, closing down, quick passing and three superb goals.

Before the game Charlie and the new MD were in the fan zone, no security and just mingling with fans talking.
I then met up inside with Vinkle, Oldblackcat, lesmack, jerry and Mr Jerry, Vince, did I miss anyone. 

Game good, effort from team, directors, manager and fans excellent and a 30,000 crowd, still around 14,000 missing mind, not sure why or what they want.

Now for our first away win on Wednesday.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-19, 8:10 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Many, many things to improve on and that can only bode well for the season ahead but, but, but..

The first half we saw the Ross team playing the Ross way and it was an absolute pleasure to watch. Fast attacking football, closing down, quick passing and three superb goals.

Before the game Charlie and the new MD were in the fan zone, no security and just mingling with fans talking.
I then met up inside with Vinkle, Oldblackcat, lesmack, jerry and Mr Jerry, Vince, did I miss anyone. (Nobody important  Cool )

Game good, effort from team, directors, manager and fans excellent and a 30,000 crowd, still around 14,000 missing mind, not sure why or what they want.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-08-19, 8:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Many, many things to improve on and that can only bode well for the season ahead but, but, but..

I then met up inside with Vinkle, Oldblackcat, lesmack, jerry and Mr Jerry, Vince, did I miss anyone. 

Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-19, 8:24 pm

Perfect game imo.

Won by HT and conserved energy in the 2nd for the upcoming away games.

I also have to give credit to Catts. Not his bigget fan but he put a decent shift in today. Strange when the captain went off and didnt accept the armband tho.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-19, 9:10 pm

gil t azell wrote:Perfect game imo.

Won by HT and conserved energy in the 2nd for the upcoming away games.

I also have to give credit to Catts. Not his bigget fan but he put a decent shift in today. Strange when the captain went off and didnt accept the armband tho.
he may well have refused the armband but he never shut up and captained the team

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-19, 10:02 pm

Player Ratings

McLaughlin, 7/10: Really calm and confident. Couple of good saves, commanded his area very well.
Oviedo, 8/10: Two assists, and a great performance in general. Cut above at this level.
Matthews, 7/10: Solid again at full-back. Does the basics well and offers an outlet going forward.
Baldwin, 8/10: Really good performance again from Baldwin who looks very good alongside Loovens.
Loovens, 8/10: Also did very well against quite a physical Scunthorpe side. Calming influence.
Cattermole, 8/10: Fantastic performance from Cattermole. Has taken some stick recently, but was very good here today.
Power, 9/10: Moves the ball well, took his goal well, gets stuck in. Great performance, was at the heart of everything good.
Honeyman, 7/10: Does well recycling possession, keeps things ticking over nicely.
Maguire, 7/10: Lovely finish for his goal and good movement throughout the game.
Gooch, 8/10: Frightens defenders with his pace and trickery, and also makes things happen all over the park.
Maja, 7/10: Took his goal well, but also missed a sitter! Canny performance from a man who just can’t stop scoring right now - that’s all that really matters.
(SUB) James, 6/10: Came on for Matthews, and looked solid if unspectacular. Definitely needs minutes.
(SUB) Mumba, 6/10: Showed some nice touches, and good vision.
(SUB) O’Nien, N/A: Chased the ball well, but not on for long enough to make any real impact.
Man of the Match: Max Power.

RR

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-08-19, 11:45 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

Player Ratings

McLaughlin, 7/10: Really calm and confident. Couple of good saves, commanded his area very well.
Oviedo, 8/10: Two assists, and a great performance in general. Cut above at this level.
Matthews, 7/10: Solid again at full-back. Does the basics well and offers an outlet going forward.
Baldwin, 8/10: Really good performance again from Baldwin who looks very good alongside Loovens.
Loovens, 8/10: Also did very well against quite a physical Scunthorpe side. Calming influence.
Cattermole, 8/10: Fantastic performance from Cattermole. Has taken some stick recently, but was very good here today.
Power, 9/10: Moves the ball well, took his goal well, gets stuck in. Great performance, was at the heart of everything good.
Honeyman, 7/10: Does well recycling possession, keeps things ticking over nicely.
Maguire, 7/10: Lovely finish for his goal and good movement throughout the game.
Gooch, 8/10: Frightens defenders with his pace and trickery, and also makes things happen all over the park.
Maja, 7/10: Took his goal well, but also missed a sitter! Canny performance from a man who just can’t stop scoring right now - that’s all that really matters.
(SUB) James, 6/10: Came on for Matthews, and looked solid if unspectacular. Definitely needs minutes.
(SUB) O’Nien, N/A: Chased the ball well, but not on for long enough to make any real impact.

RR
Great ratings and from what I heard on radio sounds about right. All the way through you could hear that Cattermole was bossing the game, Oviedo was getting great crosses in and our movement and positive forward play was excellent right through the team. Even Gary Bennett was upbeat and happy! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-20, 8:58 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Player Ratings

RR
Great ratings and from what I heard on radio sounds about right. All the way through you could hear that Cattermole was bossing the game, Oviedo was getting great crosses in and our movement and positive forward play was excellent right through the team. Even Gary Bennett was upbeat and happy! Very Happy

I didn't really want to start my post sounding slightly negative - it's not meant to be. Cattermole, in my opinion did not boss the game. He did a lot of talking at other players which was great but some of that was instructions to play it safe and play it back. A lot of the time that instruction was ignored and players were taking a chance on the more adventurous and forward ball. Cattermole had a decent game but others had far more influence in the attacking play we saw. It was absolutely brilliant to watch. Oviedo, Power, Baldwin, Gooch - all superb. If Cattermole was an 8, then they were a 10. I've been a big critic of Cattermole's but he was good yesterday and I was pleased to see him have a decent game. The refusal of the captain's armband was interesting - could be read a number of ways but at the time I didn't read it as "not me, I'm off" - more "we're in a new era now, let someone else have it". All credit to Cattermole with the effort he put in though.

Anyway, it made such a change to watch Sunderland play like they did. Can't say enough how good that first half was to watch. When Watmore comes back we're going to be scary!
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-20, 9:15 am

Reading that august journal the Scunthorpe Telegraph (who by the way are in a bust up with the club)..
Ovideo was their MoM, great crosses etc.

Also they should have had a penalty.. I have not seen any replays but at the time it looked a tough tackle 

Catts did have another decent game..sitting in front of the 2 CBs and laying short balls off. He even iirc had a decent header at their goal.

Personally I thought Maja taking account of his age and inexperience did very well against 2 man mountain CBs.. scored one goal and missed what looked like a sitter
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-20, 10:30 am

We may all have our own opinions of Cattermole but ain't it great to be disagreeing with big smiles on our faces. I thought Cattermoles performance on Thursday earned him his start yesterday but with midfield players we have ready to fight for a place someone has to make way.

When we get Mcgeouch back, Wednesday maybe, then he must start if the publicity is right, he will be a game changer, so who makes way?

It can't be Power, he for me is undroppable right now. Same goes for Gooch and Honeyman is captain so cant see him making way so Catts is the most vulnerable simply by process of elimination.

I would be surprised to see Catts go because I dont think he will take a pay cut and I cant see anyone paying him 40k a week but that may not be a bad thing. We have lots of games and they will bring injuries so a fit Cattermole could be a blessing.

We seem to have gone from a threadbare poor squad to a good squad fighting for their places, how did that happen?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-20, 11:46 am

cyprussyd wrote:We may all have our own opinions of Cattermole but ain't it great to be disagreeing with big smiles on our faces. I thought Cattermoles performance on Thursday earned him his start yesterday but with midfield players we have ready to fight for a place someone has to make way.

When we get Mcgeouch back, Wednesday maybe, then he must start if the publicity is right, he will be a game changer, so who makes way?

It can't be Power, he for me is undroppable right now. Same goes for Gooch and Honeyman is captain so cant see him making way so Catts is the most vulnerable simply by process of elimination.

I would be surprised to see Catts go because I dont think he will take a pay cut and I cant see anyone paying him 40k a week but that may not be a bad thing. We have lots of games and they will bring injuries so a fit Cattermole could be a blessing.

We seem to have gone from a threadbare poor squad to a good squad fighting for their places, how did that happen?

Spot on
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-08-20, 1:20 pm

Kipper wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Player Ratings

RR

I didn't really want to start my post sounding slightly negative - it's not meant to be. Cattermole, in my opinion did not boss the game. He did a lot of talking at other players which was great but some of that was instructions to play it safe and play it back. A lot of the time that instruction was ignored and players were taking a chance on the more adventurous and forward ball. Cattermole had a decent game but others had far more influence in the attacking play we saw. It was absolutely brilliant to watch. Oviedo, Power, Baldwin, Gooch - all superb. If Cattermole was an 8, then they were a 10. I've been a big critic of Cattermole's but he was good yesterday and I was pleased to see him have a decent game. The refusal of the captain's armband was interesting - could be read a number of ways but at the time I didn't read it as "not me, I'm off" - more "we're in a new era now, let someone else have it". All credit to Cattermole with the effort he put in though.

Anyway, it made such a change to watch Sunderland play like they did. Can't say enough how good that first half was to watch. When Watmore comes back we're going to be scary!
Well its good to read the opinion of someone who was there. I could only go on the commentary on radio - and maybe I just heard Catts name a lot. Not to take away from the performances of all the others you mention - as I said, I agreed with the player ratings and they gave Catts an 8 - so assume they were watching what I was hearing.

Agree with your point about the captains armband - Barnes and Bennett said something similar, that it was not that he refused the armband, just passed it on to someone new, in keeping with our new start under Ross and Donald etc.

Was brilliant to listen to it and am lookingf orward to September 1st when hopefully I will witness it for myself Laughing

Can you not join us Kipper?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-20, 1:33 pm

Most underrated player for me is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-20, 4:52 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Kipper wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Player Ratings

RR

Well its good to read the opinion of someone who was there. I could only go on the commentary on radio - and maybe I just heard Catts name a lot. Not to take away from the performances of all the others you mention - as I said, I agreed with the player ratings and they gave Catts an 8 - so assume they were watching what I was hearing.

Agree with your point about the captains armband - Barnes and Bennett said something similar, that it was not that he refused the armband, just passed it on to someone new, in keeping with our new start under Ross and Donald etc.

Was brilliant to listen to it and am lookingf orward to September 1st when hopefully I will witness it for myself Laughing

Can you not join us Kipper?
Sorry - will be with my 12yr old son and returning to North Yorks straight after the game.

I'm pretty confident you will enjoy the game though and perhaps it will tempt you into more visits.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-08-21, 6:41 am

It wasn't 'cos you 'just heard Catts' name a lot' Hieronymus . . . . it was because he had a great game and he was a captain.
I don't care who has the armband (and it shouldn't be the Honeymonster) but when Catts is playing he is our leader and captain. He led by example on sunday, and, because of the stick/abuse that he's had to endure, which will have been in his mind, it will have been even more difficult for him, and he was definately my m.o.m. Wink
I don't care about his far too high wages, either, if he plays as well as he did here, 'cos he gives 100% and he encourages others because of his commitment.
Yes, he's been a part of our decline, but that doesn't mean that he's been the cause, like some think. He's had some serious injuries that have taken their toll, but he still plays 'with his heart on his sleeve' sort of bollocks.

I rest the case for our captain.
Gordon Armstrong
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-08-21, 8:42 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:It wasn't 'cos you 'just heard Catts' name a lot' Hieronymus . . . . it was because he had a great game and he was a captain.
I don't care who has the armband (and it shouldn't be the Honeymonster) but when Catts is playing he is our leader and captain. He led by example on sunday, and, because of the stick/abuse that he's had to endure, which will have been in his mind, it will have been even more difficult for him, and he was definately my m.o.m. Wink
I don't care about his far too high wages, either, if he plays as well as he did here, 'cos he gives 100% and he encourages others because of his commitment.
Yes, he's been a part of our decline, but that doesn't mean that he's been the cause, like some think. He's had some serious injuries that have taken their toll, but he still plays 'with his heart on his sleeve' sort of bollocks.

I rest the case for our captain.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-08-21, 5:44 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:It wasn't 'cos you 'just heard Catts' name a lot' Hieronymus . . . . it was because he had a great game and he was a captain.

I rest the case for our captain
well said Gordon, and  beautifully expressed too.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-21, 6:38 pm

lesmac wrote:

I rest the case for our captain
well said Gordon, and  beautifully expressed too.
Bollox more like. No offence Very Happy
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-21, 6:47 pm

Ain't it funny how so many intelligent people, all with a love of the same team, watching the same player in the same game can see different things, Ihave have no doubt that everyone is being very honest about what they see.

The wonder of football and opinions, it will never change, never has.

Jordan Henderson brings out very opposing views about his footballin abilities.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-21, 8:00 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Ain't it funny how so many intelligent people, all with a love of the same team, watching the same player in the same game can see different things, Ihave have no doubt that everyone is being very honest about what they see.

The wonder of football and opinions, it will never change, never has.

Jordan Henderson brings out very opposing views about his footballin abilities.
Yeah, funny how some people can be so wrong! Very Happy
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum