SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 12:52 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by Lever Malone

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 8:21 pm by gil t azell

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-17, 1:51 am

Sunday 19th August
KO 15.00

After our brief cup interlude we are back to the bread and butter of league action and hopefully to continue with our winning ways and three more points towards promotion, early days yes but  the sooner those points are picked up the better.

Despite our loss in the cup we saw a clear way of playing with players slotting in and understanding and looking good and comfortable with the system.

A new striker or two would be nice but are they vital, maybe not because if we can get our walking wounded back we may already have the firepower needed.

Even a mainly second string on Thursday showed we have the talent to create the chances and fit striking options should enjoy success taking those chances.

I expect Ross to stick with a back three with probably Loovens, Baldwin and Hume filling the spots.
Wing backs of Mathews and Oviedo and a must is Power who I was impressed with, we have options alongside Power and I would not write Cattermole off.

Gooch, Honeyman and Maja will start with Maguire making the 11 but, the bench could be interesting with a few players hopefully ready to step in when needed.

For me the most important people over the coming few days are not the recruitment team but the medical staff with 4 names in particular need back, Wyke, Sinclair, Watmore and Mcgeouch.

Sunday will come to early for the first 3 but maybe we will get a glimpse of Mcgeoch from the bench.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-17, 8:37 pm

The Stadium of Light Fan Zone will be open ahead of Sunday’s game v Scunthorpe United.
Frankie Francis, of Frankie and the Heartstrings fame is our regular host, providing music and entertainment to get supporters in the match day mood.
Current and former players will be appearing and there will be a range of food on offer to whet the appetite. Fans will be able to enjoy the famous chicken Balti pies, sausage rolls, burgers, hotdogs, chips and much more, along with alcoholic and soft drinks.
There will be games and competitions for all ages, with Family Zone activities also taking place in the family-friendly FanZone for the next few games. Fans can challenge each other to a game of FIFA 18 on PlayStation and there will be street football and other activities. Foundation of Light, Sunderland AFC’s charity, will also be on hand with some fun, football-themed games.
Itinerary for Sunday
12 noon: Doors open
12.30: Former players interviews
12:50: Roker Report on stage
1:10: Wise Men Say Podcast
1:30: Rob Mason – History of two teams
1:45: Meet the first team
2pm Keepy Uppy Challenge
2.15: Close

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-17, 8:39 pm

Sunderland are back in Stadium of Light action on Sunday, as Scunthorpe United travel to Wearside (KO 3pm).
After facing Sheffield Wednesday in the Carabao Cup on Thursday evening, the Lads have immediate opportunity to bounce back and maintain their unbeaten start to the Sky Bet League One season.
Jack Ross’ side got the SoL rocking on the opening day as Lynden Gooch’s dramatic stoppage-time header clinched three points in front of over 31,000, with Josh Maja grabbing his second goal in as many games last time out against Luton Town.
Both are likely to return to the starting XI after coming off the bench against the Owls.
Scunthorpe have also made an unbeaten start to their league campaign, with Nick Daws' side once again expected to be in the promotion mix.
The Iron have finished in the top six in each of the last two seasons, but they’ll be hoping to go a couple better this season after losing consecutive play-off semi-finals.
Like Sunderland, Scunthorpe exited the Carabao Cup midweek, but an opening-day win over Coventry City, and a point against Walsall, show why the Lads will need to be at their best to pick up a second league victory.
Glenn Loovens and Adam Matthews missed the midweek cup clash, but Ross expects both to return to the squad for Sunday’s game.
Ethan Robson, who was on the bench against the Owls, could make his first appearance of the season, while the Sunderland boss is hoping Dylan McGeouch could make his Black Cats debut.
Donald Love, Tom Flanagan, Jerome Sinclair and Charlie Wyke won’t feature, but Ross revealed the quartet are way ahead of schedule in his pre-match injury update.
Scunthorpe, meanwhile, will be without Matt Gilks, who isn’t expected to return until 2019, while it remains to be seen if Funso Ojo will feature after the midfielder was unable to face Walsall and Doncaster Rovers.
Josh Morris returned in the cup and played 77 minutes, with new signing Ryan Colclough playing 90.
And Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, who was replaced late on, will be assessed ahead of Sunday’s game.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
Tickets for the game are on sale now by clicking here.
SAFSee passes are available now for overseas and UK-based supporters, including seasonal and match-by-match options.
BBC Radio Newcastle’s Nick Barnes will be broadcasting live right here on safc.com from 2pm.
As ever, there will be comprehensive coverage across our digital channels including safc.com’s matchday blog and live updates on Twitter via @SunderlandAFC.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-17, 8:41 pm

Sunderland AFC SLO‏ [ltr]@CWaters_SAFC[/ltr] 3h3 hours ago
[size=1]More
[/size]
Sunderland vs Scunthorpe United - Cash Turnstiles

400 tickets will be available in the East Stand – turnstiles 43-46 @ £25 each

300 tickets in the North East Corner – turnstiles 33-36 @ £20 each

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-17, 10:06 pm

Would you leave Mumba out then?

Obviously strength on the bench with him but think he's worth his place in the starting 11.

Its going to be good to have choices and differing formations with certain players.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-17, 10:53 pm

gil t azell wrote:Would you leave Mumba out then?

Obviously strength on the bench with him but think he's worth his place in the starting 11.

Its going to be good to have choices and differing formations with certain players.
Choice is the word and I'm pleased I dont have to make it

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-17, 11:29 pm

Looking like a 30,000 plus crowd again, will be great to see the stadium bouncing again.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-17, 11:59 pm

I recall 58 - 59 ......... 2nd division. The season after our very first relegation..

Sunderland v Scunners...

It was quite usual for visitors to lead at half time and Scunthorpe obliged ..  0 - 1

Then Sunderland kicking towards the Roker End..... and the Roker Roar..

Sunderland won 3 - 1

How do I remember?

I still have the programme..

Moral of the story... 

The effort is there from the team, so get behind them

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-18, 12:48 am

Silvers wrote:I recall 58 - 59 ......... 2nd division. The season after our very first relegation..

Sunderland v Scunners...

It was quite usual for visitors to lead at half time and Scunthorpe obliged ..  0 - 1

Sunderland won 3 - 1

How do I remember?

Moral of the story... 

Very Happy
For the last two seasons I attended every home game then this season, early I know but including the cup game been to two games. The difference in atmosphere and belief among players and fans is like chalk and cheese and you are spot on, the effort is indeed there and get behind them we must.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-08-18, 8:12 am

Silvers wrote:I recall 58 - 59 ......... 2nd division. The season after our very first relegation..

Sunderland v Scunners...

Sunderland won 3 - 1

How do I remember?

Moral of the story... 

Very Happy
I was still in my dad's ball bag then Laughing like
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-18, 10:07 am

Cool Cool
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-18, 10:11 am

Silvers wrote:Cool Cool
I know you will interpret that post as he is young, we read it that you are old

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-18, 1:54 pm

Et tu brute..

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-18, 3:04 pm

Silvers wrote:Et tu brute..

Is that how they talk in Whickham like

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-18, 5:26 pm

Sunderland AFC welcome Scunthorpe United to the Stadium of Light on Sunday (3pm kick off), as they look to continue their unbeaten league run.
Jack Ross’ side enjoyed a 2-1 victory against Charlton Athletic on the opening day of the season, followed by a hard-fought draw with Luton Town at Kenilworth Road last weekend.
Whilst there were some ticketing issues at the opening game of the season, these have been swiftly resolved. Some fans experienced queues ahead of last night’s game, however this was not due to ticketing issues, but as a result of high numbers of supporters arriving close to kick off, something executive director Charlie Methven is keen to address.
Speaking ahead of the game, he said: “We acknowledged that there were one or two issues with ticketing at the Charlton game, but what has become apparent after the Sheffield Wednesday fixture is the number of supporters trying to enter the stadium close to kick off.
“Naturally we recognise it is fans absolute right to come to the stadium at whatever time they choose, but we would ask them to be mindful that arriving close to kick off can lead to delays, which we know can be a source of frustration to them.
“Of course, having more people want to come and watch us is a very good problem to have and one we are grateful for. It is important for us that everyone coming to games experiences a positive matchday environment, which I know hasn’t always been the case in the past, so an earlier arrival time would certainly make things easier for fans in that respect.”
“Added to this of course it is far more preferable to have people inside the stadium, cheering on the team, not waiting in a queue to get in. That 10-15 minute period before kick off is crucial in setting the scene for our players. As they depart the pitch after their warm up, we want them to see a sea of red and white and to hear just what the club and the team mean to the fans.
Turnstiles will open at 1.30pm on Sunday and supporters are reminded that they can use any turnstile to gain entry to the stadium, including those designated as cash turnstiles. Cash turnstiles will be available with numbers 43-46 in the east stand and 33-36 in the north east corner open. Concession tickets must be purchased from the ticket office however.
Tickets start from £20 for adults and just £7.50 for under 16s. The Stadium of Light ticket office will be open from 9am until 2pm on Saturday for ticket sales and collections and then will re-open at 10am on Sunday.
The stadium’s popular FanZone will be open from 12noon, featuring music, entertainment and a host of activities for all ages. A range of food options and alcoholic and soft drinks will also be available. Last orders will be called at 2pm, with the FanZone closing at 2.15pm to allow supporters to enter the stadium in good time.
HOW TO BUY
Online: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] service)
Telephone: 0371 911 1973 (operating hours replicate the ticket office opening hours listed below. 
Calls charged at standard rate, plus your phone company’s access charge. The cost of calls from mobile phones may vary.
In-person: Stadium of Light ticket office, opening hours as listed
Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm 
Non-matchday Saturday, 9am - 2pm

Bookings are subject to a fee of £1.25 per ticket and a postage charge (where applicable) of £1 per transaction, on all telephone and online orders to cover service charges and administrative costs. 

In the case of group applications, a booking fee of £1.25 will be charged per ticket up to a maximum of £10 per application. Postage charges may vary, please contact the Ticket Office for more information.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-18, 8:28 pm

5-1.

I expect a sound thrashing of our visitors and to be in the play off places by tomorrow never too leave this season.

PS,I have had a few sherbets.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-18, 9:52 pm

gil t azell wrote:5-1.

I expect a sound thrashing of our visitors and to be in the play off places by tomorrow never too leave this season.

PS,I have had a few sherbets.
you must have to give them a goal

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-18, 10:39 pm

Expected starting 11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Main interest could be the bench

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-18, 11:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Expected starting 11

Heaven help me I agree with your 11.

On the bench... the goalkeeper and a couple of defenders and midfielders (including Catts) that played
 No Ozturk.

The problem is strikers..  I.e   we do not have any atm. I know 2 are injured but we need I big lad upfront anyhow. Unfortunately it's all gone quiet
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-18, 11:43 pm

My bench would be.

Ruiter..Cattermole..Ozturk..James..Mcgeouch..O'nien..Molyneux

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-19, 12:02 am

Scunthorpe bringing 1200 fans

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-19, 8:40 am

Thats a winning line up. I think McGeuch may be on the bench.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-19, 9:31 am

gil t azell wrote:

Thats a winning line up. I think McGeuch may be on the bench.
But, will Ross stick with what has been a none losing team or go with a bac k 3?

MCLAUGHLIN
BALDWIN  LOOVENS  HUME
MATHEWS POWER HONEYMAN OVIEDO
GOOCH             MCGUIRE
MAJA

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-19, 9:57 am

Well its here again and just how good is it to be looking forward to going to the SoL to watch our team, a far cry from the dread of last season and the season before.

I know many have still not been tempted back but honestly, if you can get there I suggest you do it, I dont think you will be disappointed because win lose or draw you can be sure of total commitment, good attacking football and a cracking atmosphere.

If you will be there I hope to see you and especially look forward to my bear hug from Jerry., Sunders, a handshake will do from you.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-19, 10:48 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum