SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 1:46 pm by cyprussyd

» Pompey game
Today at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Today at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 1:31 pm by Vincemac

» 40K target
Yesterday at 9:57 am by Sid MCFC

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Danny Cipriani

Go down

Danny Cipriani

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-15, 11:14 pm

What is it with the best players.. in cricket Stokes

Now Cipriani is in hot water.... for several seasons he has kept his head down ( rep as a boozer/womaniser dated Brooke Shields at one time) to get back in the England team he finally does so, even turning down more money in France (in you play abroad you cannot get picked for England)..... but then lands himself in jail in a fracas in a night club.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Cipriani

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-16, 9:01 am

Its because both come from sports where getting pissed and being a thug is seen as being a man. Fortunately they are in the minority and becoming more and more yesterdays people.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-16, 10:37 am

Unfortunately this article was a few days too early!

Danny Cipriani determined to stay focused on keeping England place
 Cipriani believes training trip to Malibu will help
 30-year-old preparing for first season with Gloucester

Gerard Meagher
Thu 9 Aug 2018 22.00 BSTLast modified on Thu 9 Aug 2018 23.59 BST

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Danny Cipriani determined to stay focused on keeping England][/url]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 Danny Cipriani is preparing for his first season with Gloucester, having turned down a number of lucrative offers to move abroad and stay in the Premiership. Photograph: David Rogers/Getty Images
Danny Cipriani is hoping a summer surfing trip to Malibu will help him to retain his place in the England side through to the Rugby World Cup in Japan next year, after spending the best part of a decade trying to win it back.
Cipriani is the man in possession of the England No 10 jersey, having made his first Test start for 10 years in the third Test against South Africa in June, laying on the decisive try for Jonny May with a delightful crossfield kick.

[size=16] Danny Cipriani picks fitting moment to announce return to England fold
Paul Rees 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Read more

He was also called into Eddie Jones’s pre-season training camp last week and is preparing for his first season with Gloucester, having turned down a number of lucrative offers to move abroad and stay in the Premiership, therefore keeping his World Cup ambitions alive.
The 30-year-old hopes to hit the ground running at Kingsholm, having followed up England’s series defeat in South Africa with a tailor-made training regime in California.
“I went to Malibu and did some training down there. It’s a different type of training. It doesn’t really involve a ball or too much running, but it’s a lot of explosive stuff, a lot of surfing and being out on the water,” he said. “You need time off but you’re only going to get a short pre-season after a tour so you need to make sure you’re in good shape.”
After falling out of favour with England following a breakthrough 2008 campaign, Cipriani moved to Australia but set about winning his place back upon joining Sale in 2012. And having finally done so, he concedes hanging on to it is an altogether different challenge.
The Breakdown: sign up and get our weekly rugby union email.
“You’ve seen me for the last six seasons – I’ve been hungry and my focus hasn’t changed at all,” he said. “Is it dangerous to have got something tangible? Is it better to be in the chasing pack, or is it better to be in the pack, to try to go forward?
“My philosophy hasn’t changed; I’m trying to become a better rugby player and I’m in the right place to keep learning and play well. I’ve got back in, right now I’m in there and I’ve got to do everything I can to stay there.
“I’ve trained myself over the last six years to focus on training tomorrow and focus on what’s happening in the next week. I take the view that I have to keep performing in every single game to have even a chance of reaching that end goal.”[/size]
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-16, 11:12 am

Well it looks as if he has had a slap on the wrist..£2,000 fine

Remember Andy Carrol...glassed somebody and was effectively let off.

One rule for sportsman and one for everyone else
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum