SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 8:56 pm by cyprussyd

» Who would have thought it
Yesterday at 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by sunderpitt

» Soon be Saturday
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by cyprussyd

» Charlie Wyke
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by lesmac

» Fairweather fans
Yesterday at 1:25 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:26 am by vinkel

» Predictions
2018-09-19, 4:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» No news is good news!
2018-09-19, 4:02 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup

Post  lesmac on 2018-08-17, 9:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I'm afraid Ozturk seems to be this seasons whipping boy, a large section of our fans need one sadly but for me its unfair. He is has not got off to the best of starts and was at fault for the first goal but for me he looked like he wanted the keeper to come out for the ball and paid the price for a moments indecision. Apart from that I cant say he stood out for his mistakes that others saw.

I think we may well see a back three under Ross with Loovens, Baldwin and one other, that one could well be Flanagan or even Hume.

Oz is in a new country and getting fit, the whipping boys should give the bloke a chance to settle in fgs.

To say he is hopeless is way way premature, bit like the whipping boys.
For the past few weeks I have read about Catts the Sunday league player, Catts who does not give a shit, Catts who is passed it, Catts who should never be near our team again.

Catts was my and many others MOTM last night, he will probably leave and good luck to him but after years of loyal service he is slaughtered worse than Rodwell. Just my opinion.
Well said Syd. Cats was also my man of the match, he continually directed the less experienced players in the side and patrolled the midfield well making good challenges and making some good passes. I'll be sorry to see him go but understand why he will depart and I wish him all the best in the future.

I thought the team played some neat football and look forward to seeing them gel over the next few weeks.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-17, 9:49 am

Northern Echo

6 McLaughlin: Made a good second-half save from Reach and looked comfortable dealing with the ball at his feet
5 Hume: Fared reasonably well defending on the right-hand side, but lost Reach as he doubled Wednesday’s lead
6 Baldwin: The pick of the Sunderland back four as he dealt with Fletcher’s aerial threat reasonably effectively
3 Ozturk: Made a series of bad mistakes – the worst of which handed Matias an opening goal on a plate
5 James: Produced a solid enough performance on his debut, but wasn’t able to offer too much going forward

6 Cattermole: Controlled the heart of midfield for most of the first half, but dropped out of the game somewhat in the second period
5 Power: Played in a fairly deep-lying position and wasn’t able to pose too much of a problem to the Wednesday defence
7 O’NIEN: Worked tirelessly on the right-hand side and came close with a first-half shot that was blocked by van Aken
6 Honeyman: Tried to get forward to support Maguire, but struggled to get much change out of the Wednesday defence
6 Embleton: Dragged an early effort wide of the target and ran himself into the ground on his first senior start
5 Maguire: A central striker role doesn’t really play to his strengths, and he rarely looked like causing a problem

Subs:

5 Gooch (for Embleton, 61): Tried to add some energy after he came on to the field, but wasn’t able to lead a late charge
5 Maja (for Cattermole, 66): Flashed a couple of efforts across the face of goal and will return to the starting line-up on Sunday
Molyneux (for James, 79)
(not used): Ruiter (gk), Taylor, Robson, Mumba.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-17, 10:57 am

I thought Maguire did well.

For me, we didn't set up with a central striker. It seemed a very fluid line up.

Some of the approach play was the best we have seen for years now .. and we were playing a top half Championship Team ..

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-17, 11:02 am

barrowmackem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I'm afraid Ozturk seems to be this seasons whipping boy, a large section of our fans need one sadly but for me its unfair. He is has not got off to the best of starts and was at fault for the first goal but for me he looked like he wanted the keeper to come out for the ball and paid the price for a moments indecision. Apart from that I cant say he stood out for his mistakes that others saw.

I think we may well see a back three under Ross with Loovens, Baldwin and one other, that one could well be Flanagan or even Hume.

Oz is in a new country and getting fit

I suppose 3 years in Edinburgh (with Hearts) is a lot different to Wearside..

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-08-17, 12:02 pm

I can only comment on what I saw on TV but it was enough to give me confidence for the battle ahead

Considering we played without a fair number of regulars, including a proven striker, I thought the team played with energy, showed 100% commitment and in my opinion for long periods we certainly the better team.

Yes, occasionally we sometimes failed to see the openings quick enough and yes we lost possession too often, but I see this squad as work in progress and if this is what Jack Ross has produced after such a short tenure, then I can only see a positive outcome by next May.

Despite losing, I was encouraged with the overall performance and if only someone like Jack Ross had been in charge 12 months ago, I have a feeling that we would be challenging in the Championship today rather than the league below.

if this was an indication of what is currently on offer, you never know, it may just inspire me to return to the fold as a paying supporter once more!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-17, 12:17 pm

Silvers wrote:I thought Maguire did well.

For me, we didn't set up with a central striker. It seemed a very fluid line up.

Some of the approach play was the best we have seen for years now .. and we were playing a top half Championship Team ..

Very Happy
And that Sivers is the problem for many, we are now a division 1 team with players bought to get us out of division 1. To many we are still a massive premiership club and we are expected to be bringing in very good players who dominate and never make a mistake.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum