SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Almost at screaming point yesterday
Today at 12:06 am by MrRAWhite

» Just spent £10.00
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by MrRAWhite

» Kacper Przybylko DEPARTS
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bad night for the u23 lads
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Silvers

» Juan Satori Sunday
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by gil t azell

» A nice Canary pink
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Midweek 03
Yesterday at 9:00 pm by lesmac

» Predictions Week 04
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by lesmac

» League Table Week 03
Yesterday at 7:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 03
Yesterday at 7:57 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-11, 9:12 pm

Thu 16 Aug
KO 19.45
Live on Sky

I think Maja will be rested for this, indeed he will be wrapped in cotton wool until we get strikers in and fit.

Ross will want game time for his players but will also be aware that Sundays league game against Scunthorpe is far more important.
Will any injured players be ready for this game?

Team, anyone's guess but I have my ticket so will be there whatever.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-08-12, 8:34 am

Syd are you in your regular seat? Any other season ticket holders going are you in your normal seats?
Reason I'm asking is only 5 areas were available to buy tickets online and I don't really fancy sitting there (well seats that are left)....are we only expecting 6000 fans? Are all our fans in those 5 areas?...anybody know/help?
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-12, 9:31 am

The team selection could be interesting.. Maja and a few others should be rested for the more important game at the weekend 

The performance of the two CBs yesterday was good and the full backs
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-12, 9:40 am

sunderpitt wrote:The team selection could be interesting.. Maja and a few others should be rested for the more important game at the weekend 

The performance of the two CBs yesterday was good and the full backs
Obviously nice to progress in this competition, but i dont have much enthusiasm for this game. Can see wholesale changes here, possibly for both teams. With us having so many out injured it will be foolish to risk potential first teamers right now.
But for those who attend i hope you have a good night.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-12, 9:45 am

oldblackcat wrote:Syd are you in your regular seat? Any other season ticket holders going are you in your normal seats?
Reason I'm asking is only 5 areas were available to buy tickets online and I don't really fancy sitting there (well seats that are left)....are we only expecting 6000 fans? Are all our fans in those 5 areas?...anybody know/help?
No, the middle section of the east stand was open so I'm in there, they obviously are expecting a massive crowd.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-12, 10:06 am

I think this will be a game where players like Catts will get a chance to put himself in the shop window, Embleton, Hume and the likes will get game time and Maja in particular will be told not to leave the house or catch a cold.

For me its the chance to see some fringe players and support whoever plays but the way the club are releasing seats makes me think I will get hope early through the traffic and of course its live on Sky.

Well just had a look at seating plan, 10 sections on sale, 6 sold out and very few left in other 4, who knows, we may even open 2 more blocks and hire a crowd.
If Sky position their cameras correctly it could look like a sell out on TV.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-12, 10:58 am

My stab at the team is..

RUITER
JAMES BALDWIN OZTURK HUME
CATTERMOLE  O'NIEN
MOLYNEUX  HONEYMAN EMBLETON
NELSON
With a strong bench

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-13, 12:41 pm

Change of heart and think Ross will give many players time to gel so..

MCLAUGHLIN
MATTHEWS BALDWIN FLANAGAN JAMES
POWER  O'NIEN
GOOCH  HONEYMAN MOLYNEUX
NELSON

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-08-13, 1:11 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Change of heart and think Ross will give many players time to gel so..

MCLAUGHLIN
POWER  O'NIEN
GOOCH  HONEYMAN MOLYNEUX
NELSON
Nelson he’s out on loan at Falkirk
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-13, 3:36 pm

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Change of heart and think Ross will give many players time to gel so..

MCLAUGHLIN
POWER  O'NIEN
GOOCH  HONEYMAN MOLYNEUX
MAGUIRE
Didn't know that so changed

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-08-13, 6:22 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

MCLAUGHLIN
POWER  O'NIEN
GOOCH  HONEYMAN MOLYNEUX
MAGUIRE
Didn't know that so changed
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-13, 8:40 pm

Just noticed that this game is on live gopglebox...
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-14, 1:17 pm

The Carabao Cup Round Two draw will take place live from the Stadium of Light on Thursday 16 August, ahead of Sunderland AFC’s Round One game against Sheffield Wednesday.  
Former Black Cats manager Mick McCarthy and ex-SAFC and Sheffield Wednesday star Chris Waddle will conduct the draw live from 7pm, with Sky presenter David Prutton overseeing proceedings. Fans will be able to watch the draw on the stadium’s big screens, concourse TVs and in the suites.
The Round Two draw sees the inclusion of the thirteen Premier League Clubs who are not competing in European competitions alongside Sky Bet Championship sides Stoke City and Swansea City. The draw is unseeded but will be regionalised into North and South sections.
TICKET DETAILS
Ticket Prices have been significantly reduced for this game and 2018-19 season card holders can buy a seat for just £8 for adults and £4 for over 65s and under 16s. A special family ticket (two adults and two under 16s) is available for £20.
Season card holders are reminded that as only selected sections of the ground will be made available to purchase for this game, they will be unable to reserve their seasonal seat
A black cat point will be awarded for tickets purchased in advance. Please note, black cat points cannot be awarded for tickets purchased via cash turnstiles.
Supporters who don’t have season cards can still take advantage of affordable prices, with adult tickets for non-season card holders £10 and over 65s and under 16s £5. A family ticket (two adults, two under 16s) is £25.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-14, 1:28 pm

4,000 tickets sold, the magic of the cup

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-14, 6:00 pm

Wednesday boss considering wholesale changes for this game, its going to be a reserve game isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-14, 6:16 pm

vinkel wrote:Wednesday boss considering wholesale changes for this game, its going to be a reserve game isn't it.
it will be a sunderland game

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-14, 7:00 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Wednesday boss considering wholesale changes for this game, its going to be a reserve game isn't it.
it will be a reserve sunderland game

Corrected... still good to see players who might have to fill in for 1st teamers
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-14, 9:34 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Corrected... still good to see players who might have to fill in for 1st teamers
I have not seen the team yet so cant say it will be a reserve team.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-08-14, 11:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I have not seen the team yet so it will be reserved.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-16, 10:12 am

Tonight is match day, OK I know that for many on here and indeed for many in general its not a game that gets the juices flowing but for me its very simple, I ask the manager and squad to make me proud by putting in the effort so its only right that I put in the effort and support them, just how I think.

So for me its a Sunderland game and we have a full bus again going from Coxhoe so I'm not alone in my madness.

Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-08-16, 10:20 am

Thank you syd. Just enjoying another glass of red after dinner. Currently 7.20pm here or 10.21am your time. I will be fast asleep when the game is on so look forward to reading about a massive win when I have my breakfast around 10pm your time. FTM.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-16, 10:23 am

oxfordshire wrote:Thank you syd. Just enjoying another glass of red after dinner. Currently 7.20pm here or 10.21am your time. I will be fast asleep when the game is on so look forward to reading about a massive win when I have my breakfast around 10pm your time. FTM.
Poor excuse, you could have set off early to make the game.

Bus to station
train to airport
plane to london
train to sunderland 
walk to ground

How hard is that

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-16, 10:38 am

Sunderland boss Jack Ross will attempt a balancing act in Thursday night’s Carabao Cup first-round clash with Sheffield Wednesday with one eye on a busy week ahead.
The Black Cats face Scunthorpe, Gillingham and AFC Wimbledon, the latter two away from home, in Sky Bet League One inside a week from Sunday, and Ross could protect his key men.
Josh Maja is the club's only fit striker and he is likely to be rested, as is central defender Glenn Loovens, with Denver Hume, Alim Ozturk, Luke Molyneux, Luke O'Nien and Elliot Embleton among those who could get the nod.

Defender Morgan Fox and striker Lucas Joao will miss out with back and groin injuries respectively, with the manager planning to decide on his starting line-up after training on Wednesday.
Jordan Thorniley replaced Fox during Saturday's 1-1 league draw with Hull, while Steven Fletcher deputised up front for the suspended Atdhe Nuhiu in his first start since December.
Nuhiu, who was sent off for a second bookable offence during the 3-2 opening day defeat at Wigan, is available once again, while George Boyd and David Jones will hope for a first taste of action this season.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-08-16, 10:53 am

cyprussyd wrote:
oxfordshire wrote:Thank you syd. Just enjoying another glass of red after dinner. Currently 7.20pm here or 10.21am your time. I will be fast asleep when the game is on so look forward to reading about a massive win when I have my breakfast around 10pm your time. FTM.

Bus to station
train to airport
plane to london
train to sunderland 
walk to ground

How hard is that

Thanks Syd for the offer. Unfortunately the tickets you organised arrived too late.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-16, 12:03 pm

oxfordshire wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Bus to station
train to airport
plane to london
train to sunderland 
walk to ground

How hard is that

Thanks Syd for the offer. Unfortunately the tickets you organised arrived too late.
set off now and I will meet you outside the ground on Sunday

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum