SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 10:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 8:37 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 8:33 pm by Silvers

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 8:33 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 8:29 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 18
Today at 8:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 8:27 pm by Silvers

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 7:11 pm by gil t azell

» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 6:45 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Almost there

Go down

Almost there

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-10, 8:24 am

Sunderland hopeful of more

Max Power is expected to go straight into the Sunderland squad that travels to Kenilworth Road tomorrow to take on Luton Town, and he may not be the only new arrival in the line-up.
The loan window for EFL clubs does not close until the end of the month but Sunderland aren’t looking to wait until next deadline day. The club are working on a few different transfers with the aim of getting one or two in - and are trying their hardest to get at least one of those through the door in time to feature against Luton Town tomorrow.
Clearly the need for another striker is at the forefront of Jack Ross’ mind. We revealed yesterday how we are interested in a loan deal for Manchester United forward James Wilson but there are at least another two strikers in the club’s thinking.
Should any deal not be completed in time to be registered for tomorrow’s game, then we can expect a debut at Sheffield Wednesday in the Carabao Cup next Thursday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Photo by Pete Norton/Getty Images[/size]

Watmore steps up return

There is light at the end of the tunnel for the unfortunate Duncan Watmore, as the England under-21 international has been signed off by his doctor and has resumed training with a view to returning to first team action right on schedule.

Watmore suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury for the second successive season in a game against Millwall last November, after only six games back from recovering from an identical ACL injury the previous December in a Premier League game against Leicester City.
The general prognosis after ACL surgery is a 9-12 month recovery, with the current schedule placing his recovering right in the middle of that range.
Sunderland posted a video earlier this week that showed the 24-year-old looking lively on the training pitch and hopefully the team will continue their good start to the season, so the player can be eased back into first team contention.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Almost there

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-10, 8:29 am

I'm sure many will be saying oh no, not more loans! but IMO that is not what we should be looking at, indeed the club have not touched the loan market compared to last season when the team was made up of loan players.

We need a squad that can compete and get us promotion and we need to use every tool available to get us there, the loan market is one tool.

Likewise with moving players out, selling is always the best option but you can only sell if someone is willing to buy and rightly Donald will not give players away so loans it will be.

So far I'm struggling to find one negative with Ross and how refreshing that is after our recent past.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-08-10, 8:46 am

It would also appear they are using the loan market as extra time to make sure they get the right one and deal rather than rushing to have something done by 5pm yesterday......it’s all only positive for me......we also have to Remember the foreign market doesn’t shut till the end of the month so still plenty of time to move players on
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-10, 8:48 am

paddocklad wrote:It would also appear they are using the loan market as extra time to make sure they get the right one and deal rather than rushing to have something done by 5pm yesterday......it’s all only positive for me......we also have to Remember the foreign market doesn’t shut till the end of the month so still plenty of time to move players on
I think we may have to pay traffickers to move Pappy and N'Dong on, what a fecking cock up they have been..

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-10, 9:27 am

We need Moyes to find another job and then buy them in January..
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-10, 11:08 am

Silvers wrote:We need Moyes to find another job and then buy them in January..
I'm not sure even Moyes is that daft

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-08-10, 12:36 pm

Agree with the comments about Ross and the club's approach to player recruitment. But good news on the Watmore front and I hope and pray come end of the season he is our player of the year. If he is we will be promoted and it means he has not suffered a recurrrence of his serious injuries of last two seasons.

Good luck as you return to training Duncan - we are all rooting for you to come back better and stronger than ever Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-08-10, 5:20 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Agree with the comments about Ross and the club's approach to player recruitment. But good news on the Watmore front and I hope and pray come end of the season he is our player of the year. If he is we will be promoted and it means he has not suffered a recurrrence of his serious injuries of last two seasons.

Good luck as you return to training Duncan - we are all rooting for you to come back better and stronger than ever Smile
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-10, 6:45 pm

Apart from the tossers we cannot get rid of yet everything is extremely positive imo.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum