SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 1:54 pm by Silvers

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 12:55 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» NETFLIX
Today at 11:30 am by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 8:42 am by oldblackcat

» Oh dear
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 106
Yesterday at 11:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Bloody Spanish people in Benidorm
Yesterday at 10:27 pm by MrRAWhite

» The battle of head and heart
Yesterday at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Yesterday at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd

Luton Town v Sunderland its back--The Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Luton Town v Sunderland its back--The Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-05, 11:20 pm

Luton Town v Sunderland
Sat 11th August
KO 15.00
Kenilworth Road

Well the high octane excitement of Saturday is slowly subsiding and we move on to our first away game against newly promoted Luton Town.
Luton lost their opening game away to Pompy and they will be determined to win their first home game but we will be determined to keep momentum going and get back to back wins.
The one thing we dont know is our team with injuries and the close of the transfer window playing a big part, Watmore and Wyke wont start but Sinclair, Love, Flanagan, James, McGeouch could all be back or maybe not, the week will tell us and of course Oviedo,will he still be here?
Will Ross play a more defensive set up, I'm not sure he knows how?
Will we see Baldwin or Flanagan come in for Ozturk?
Luton will have far more pressure on them than us and I can see the momentum continue with a win whoever starts for us. 

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-08-11, 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Luton Town v Sunderland its back--The Match Day Thread

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-06, 7:12 pm

A draw is fine....

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-06, 8:12 pm

I think last time we played down there did we not win 5-0. I think a certain jailbird got a hat trick.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-08-07, 1:18 pm

Yes, and I was there . . . . Luton's a real shithole but the match was 'a bit better' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-07, 2:33 pm

Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-07, 8:48 pm

My guess is

MCLAUGHLIN
MATHEWS  BALDWIN LOOVENS  OVIEDO
HONEYMAN  MUMBA MCGEOUCH
GOOCH  MAJA  MAGUIRE

I'm hoping Oviedo stays and dont expect Sinclair to make it but it would be nice to be wrong.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-08, 1:21 pm

Sinclair out for 4-6 weeks is a major blow

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-08-08, 6:58 pm

Well we were hoping to get another forward....now it's starting to look a necessity...don't think we should panic yet though...if we miss out on a permanent signing when the window shuts we still have a couple of weeks to get a loan player in...probably not ideal but still gives us a chance to strengthen the striker department
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-08-09, 10:23 am

Will we or won't we?
Looks like we need a couple or five.
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-09, 11:20 am

As usual we have a biggish injury list and a threadbare squad.

Fingers crossed we get a few more bodies in...
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-09, 11:34 am

I had a dream we will win 5-0..

Mind you I had similar dreams last season and the season before, third time lucky maybe. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on 2018-08-09, 11:55 am

Happy to say Syd I don't dream of Sunderlamd.!!!!!!
oxfordshire
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-09, 11:58 am

Was it Morcambe or Wise who supported Luton
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-08-09, 12:38 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Was it Morcambe or Wise who supported Luton
Eric was as mad as a Hatter Wink
Gordon Armstrong
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-09, 11:47 pm

MCLAUGHLIN
  MUMBA POWER
GOOCH  HONEYMAN MAGUIRE
  MAJA  

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Teessidemakem on 2018-08-10, 9:14 am

Jack Ross doesn't expect to have any of his injured players back for the trip to Luton Town.Sunderland head to Kenilworth Road tomorrow looking to build on the dramatic opening day 2-1 win over Charlton Athletic.

That victory came at a cost though, with summer signing Jerome Sinclair ruled out for between four to six weeks with a hamstring injury and Donald Love's ankle ligament damage ruling him out for a month.

Charlie Wyke is still a couple of weeks away with a knee injury, while Aiden McGeady and Duncan Watmore remain unavailable.

Dylan McGeouch (calf) has taken part in training this week but isn't expected to be involved against Luton, while Ethan Robson is still making his way back from a groin problem.

Tom Flanagan will also miss out with a knee injury picked up in training a fortnight ago.

Left-back Reece James is in training and has an outside chance of being involved but Ross is not relying on him for the game at Luton.

Ross said: "In terms of where we are fitness wise, none of the ones we had unavailable last weekend will be available this weekend.

"We can add Donald and Jerome to that, so we have less available players than we did last weekend and we are pretty stretched at the moment.

"Hopefully Reece and Dylan will be available next week, if not for Sheffield Wednesday then for the game on Sunday."

Watford loanee Sinclair impressed after coming on at half-time in the win over Charlton, helping change the game in Sunderland's favour but he went off late with a hamstring injury and Ross has described his absence as a "blow".

Ross added: "We’re expecting Donald to be out for around four weeks, and we think Jerome will be between four to six.

"It’s a blow for Jerome personally and it’s a blow for us because we don’t have that many options available in that area of the pitch."
Teessidemakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Teessidemakem on 2018-08-10, 9:16 am

cyprussyd wrote:
MCLAUGHLIN
  MUMBA POWER
GOOCH  HONEYMAN MAGUIRE
  MAJA  

It looks a decent team that. However i dont think Power will sign in time so i expect the same team but with ONiel taking his place.
Teessidemakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-10, 9:24 am

Being a newbie I would expect Power to be on the bench for this one, not having trained yet with the squad.
But if the squad is as stretched as it looks then he may be in from the start.
A lone striker does not bother me for this game as I feel the manager will expect a tough test and will set up so that we get a point ... at least.
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-10, 12:33 pm

Well its time here in Coxhoe to start looking head to our first away game of the season with our trip to Kenilworth Road and Luton Town.

My first afternoon in the company of Barnes and Benno and for a change I can look forward to an away game with some optimism with the all new Mackem Express driven by Jack the lad Ross.

Baldwin is strongly tipped to start and starting Power may be a risk but for me its a calculated risk worth taking so I will stick with my team of..

MCLAUGHLIN
  MUMBA POWER
GOOCH  HONEYMAN MAGUIRE
  MAJA  
Ruiter. Ozturk. Hume. O'Nien. Embleton. Nelson. Cattermole

Yes you read right, Cattermole and Nelson on the bench but with Ross saying none of the injured players will be back we are really at bare bones and need players back and at least one striker in ASAP.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-11, 9:39 am

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we will start today the way we finished against Charlton, ie a back 3 to go for that clean sheet. With the attacking players we have we will always be dangerous on the break and Maja held the ball well against Charlton so..

Starting line up
McLaughlin
Ozturk  Loovens Baldwin
Matthews                                                               Oviedo 
Gooch   Honeyman   Mumba    Maguire
Maja
Ruiter Hume Power Taylor O'Nien Embleton Molyneux

Sunderland are back in action this weekend with a trip to Luton Town next on Jack Ross’ agenda.

After overseeing a first opening-day win since 2009, the Black Cats boss will be hoping to see his side banish another hoodoo and pick up back-to-back victories for the first time since 2016.

Lynden Gooch was the man of the hour last time out, with the USA international heading a dramatic stoppage-time winner at the Stadium of Light.

Josh Maja was also on the scoresheet and the duo are likely to lead the line once more, as Ross’ injury concerns show no signs of letting up.

Aiden McGeady, Duncan Watmore and Charlie Wyke remain sidelined and Jerome Sinclair has joined them in the treatment room, with the forward, who impressed last weekend, ruled out for up to six weeks due to a hamstring injury.

Donald Love has also been ruled out for a month due to an ankle problem, but Reece James has returned to training, although he’s unlikely to feature this weekend.

Tom Flanagan, Dylan McGeouch and Ethan Robson remain unavailable.

Luton, meanwhile, began their League One campaign with a narrow defeat at Portsmouth.

Pompey’s Jamal Lowe scored the only goal of the game with 16 minutes on the clock, but the Hatters served up plenty of positives to build from and the frame of the goal denied them a deserved point on multiple occasions.

Nathan Jones’ side impressed throughout last season, with Town securing the second of three automatic promotion spots following a four-year stint in the fourth tier.

And with a capacity-crowd expected at Kenilworth Road, they will provide a real test for Ross’ men.

The trip to Bedfordshire will be Sunderland’s first since 2007, with the Lads’ most-recent trip to the Kenny ending in a 3-0 League Cup defeat.

But it was a trip three months earlier that lives longest in the memory, as Roy Keane’s side romped to a 5-0 win to secure the Championship title.

There will be no champagne showers regardless of the scoreline this weekend, but three points would make a good start a great one.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
Tickets for the game are sold out.
SAFSee passes are available for overseas supporters, including seasonal and match-by-match options.
BBC Radio Newcastle’s Nick Barnes will be broadcasting live right here on safc.com from 1.30pm.
As ever, there will be comprehensive coverage across our digital channels including safc.com’s matchday blog and live updates on Twitter via @SunderlandAFC.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-11, 10:20 am

I cant stand listening to Benno, rather log onto safc matchday. but thats just me.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-11, 2:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-11, 2:29 pm

Check list

• Newcastle to  lose  done
  • Sunderland to win

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-11, 2:43 pm

Baldwin, new for me lets hope he is an improvement .

Ozturk and Catts on the bench, Mumba starts again and strikers Gooch and Maja as expected

Here's hoping!
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-11, 3:01 pm

and we are off

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum