SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Shipyards by The Lake Poets
Today at 3:54 am by canary-dave

» Its hard to blame the child
Today at 2:42 am by cyprussyd

» Boxing day in the box
Today at 1:04 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Today at 12:44 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 12:41 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Happy Christmas
Yesterday at 7:41 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 18
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Weekend Weather.
Yesterday at 10:00 am by cyprussyd

» From the Don
Yesterday at 8:58 am by sunderpitt

» Need Help in Identifying Some Sunderland AFC Autograph's on a shirt
2018-12-14, 2:40 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

CLUB STATEMENT

Go down

CLUB STATEMENT

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-05, 1:43 pm

This is the statement in full:

"Sunderland AFC would like to apologise to those supporters who experienced issues entering the Stadium of Light today, ahead of the game against Charlton Athletic.

"A technical glitch with some of the bar-coded tickets and season cards meant that fans could not enter the stadium as quickly as usual. "Over 15,000 people were already in the stadium when the problem occurred, approximately 20 minutes prior to kick off. "Once we became aware of the issues, extra stewarding and police resources were immediately deployed around the stadium to assist with entry and communication, which resulted in over 10,000 supporters coming through the turnstiles in a 30-minute period. 

"The vast majority of supporters had gained entry to stadium within 10 minutes after kick-off. "Naturally we know those supporters affected will be very disappointed to have missed kick off and we share in that disappointment. "We are sincerely sorry that we have encountered technical issues on the opening game of the season and assure our fans that we have done everything possible to rectify the issue swiftly and safely.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: CLUB STATEMENT

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-05, 1:49 pm

There was very long queues when I got there with about 30 mins to kick off.. I wondered if I was going to able to say hi to Syd!

Just make sure all turnstiles are open

Also the queues for the South Stand were not very long... can we use any turnstile?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-05, 2:06 pm

sunderpitt wrote:There was very long queues when I got there with about 30 mins to kick off.. I wondered if I was going to able to say hi to Syd!

Just make sure all turnstiles are open

Also the queues for the South Stand were not very long... can we use any turnstile?
yes

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-08-05, 2:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:This is the statement in full:

"Sunderland AFC would like to apologise to those supporters who experienced issues entering the Stadium of Light today, ahead of the game against Charlton Athletic.

"A technical glitch with some of the bar-coded tickets and season cards meant that fans could not enter the stadium as quickly as usual. "Over 15,000 people were already in the stadium when the problem occurred, approximately 20 minutes prior to kick off. "Once we became aware of the issues, extra stewarding and police resources were immediately deployed around the stadium to assist with entry and communication, which resulted in over 10,000 supporters coming through the turnstiles in a 30-minute period. 

"The vast majority of supporters had gained entry to stadium within 10 minutes after kick-off. "Naturally we know those supporters affected will be very disappointed to have missed kick off and we share in that disappointment. "We are sincerely sorry that we have encountered technical issues on the opening game of the season and assure our fans that we have done everything possible to rectify the issue swiftly and safely.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I was in the ground at 1120
I had worries about my old card been recharged but it worked ok
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: