SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 1:54 pm by Silvers

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 12:55 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» NETFLIX
Today at 11:30 am by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 8:42 am by oldblackcat

» Oh dear
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 106
Yesterday at 11:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Bloody Spanish people in Benidorm
Yesterday at 10:27 pm by MrRAWhite

» The battle of head and heart
Yesterday at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Yesterday at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd

Spot on but still dont like the music

Go down

Spot on but still dont like the music

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-05, 12:06 pm

Everything about yesterday’s game was brilliant - Sunderland AFC are back, babaaay!

Sunderland AFC are back, and every single thing about yesterday - before, during and after the game - was brilliant.

By [size=13]Gav1879@Gav1879  Aug 5, 2018, 8:00am BST

SHARE[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC via Getty Images

Attention to detail

Everything about the match experience yesterday was fantastic.
You can see the attention to detail in just about everything - the new owners are really trying their best to make sure that, from start to beginning, the entire experience is as good as it can be.
The FanZone before the game was buzzing. The crowd that was already in the ground was anticipating the players walking out onto the pitch, and even the pre-match playlist was well thought out and put together with the mood of the supporters in mind.
Then we had Juan Sartori and Charlie Methven excitedly flitting around at pitchside to drink the entire experience in. It really was great watching Sartori fist-pumping as the South Stand sang songs ahead of kick off.
I just loved yesterday, even before a ball was kicked.
Here’s hoping it continues right throughout this season.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Sunderland AFC via Getty Images

[/size]

The mood has changed

The most poignant moment of the whole game yesterday came when we went a goal behind. In the past you’d have heard boos, moans and groans - but not any more.
When Lyle Taylor tucked away his penalty, the entire stadium roared and got behind the Sunderland players - and that was very important.
Changing the whole mentality of the club from top to bottom is one of the biggest tasks that the club’s new owners and the manager face, but yesterday was definitely a step in the right direction.
Hearing the whole stadium sing and get behind the players was heart-warming - it was a clear sign that everyone is buying into the new vision that the club has for their future.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Sunderland AFC via Getty Images

Superb character to get in the game

Sunderland showed immense character to come from behind and win the game.
In the past we’d have crumbled at 1-0 down, and probably would have lost by 2 or 3. Instead, the Lads reemerged after the half time break and really looked up to the challenge.
Something Stewart Donald said on our Podcast about Chris Maguire stood out - that he’d never shrink when the game isn’t going in our favour. He was right - the former Oxford man was absolutely immense, and ran the show once he was given a free role to do as he pleased in the second period.
The likes of George Honeyman, Lynden Gooch and Bryan Oviedo stood up to be counted too. It was just nice to see certain players grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag us back into it - we haven’t often done that in recent years.
There’s no sweeter way to win a game than coming from behind to snatch it at the death, and whilst I’m sure Jack Ross would have preferred a more comfortable victory, it will do the confidence of his players the world of good having taken all three points in the manner that we did.

Bali Mumba - wise beyond his years

I still can’t believe that Bali Mumba is only sixteen years old.
He only went to his school prom last month!
This young man has an incredibly bright future ahead of him, and in his first ‘proper’ game as a first teamer he stood out and did not look out of place in amongst some far more experienced and wily players.
I only counted him making one bad pass in the whole game. He retained possession well, kept things ticking over and got stuck in when he needed to.
We have some very decent midfield players in our squad, but all of them should be very aware of the fact that Bali Mumba is here to make an impression in the first team. If he keeps playing like he did yesterday he will not lose his place in the side.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Spot on but still dont like the music

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-05, 6:12 pm

I read that and it made me really envious i wasn't there yesterday (on hols) - but Syd why do you always have to find a negative?  Wink I will judge the music hen I go but we needed a move away from Dance of the knights and I have a slight suspicion judging from other threads that my tastes might be slightly more progressive Very Happy
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-05, 6:14 pm

Kipper wrote:I read that and it made me really envious i wasn't there yesterday (on hols) - but Syd why do you always have to find a negative?  Wink I will judge the music hen I go but we needed a move away from Dance of the knights and I have a slight suspicion judging from other threads that my tastes might be slightly more progressive Very Happy
I agree that Dance of the Knights has had its day just not into the modern stuff, not a negative just a matter of taste

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-08-06, 6:16 am

Try this then Syd..... LOUD!!!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down