SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 11:10 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 10:13 am by barrowmackem

» League Table Week 11
Today at 10:07 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Resurrection day

Go down

Resurrection day

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-08-05, 7:14 am

Yesterday I woke around 5 am after a restless night....nothing unusual in that as it's become the norm...yesterday was different though as it was matchday and the start of the new season.By 6 am I was ready for the day ahead and the only choice to be made was whether I wore a T-shirt, training top or my 92 Sunderland shirt.

Training top was chosen and by 9 am  I was on my way to Sunderland as I had a couple of things to do before the match...by 10-05 am everything was sorted and I was sitting in the pub with a pint awaiting two mates who I had persuaded to return and watch the lads...11-45 am and we were in the stadium and what a change, you could feel the air of positivity and excitement which the new owners have worked hard to create.

New intro music....Hmmmm... and the match began.The first half wasn't great and my mates had began to question me on where this new bright energetic Sunderland team I had seen pre-season and convinced them to come and see were.The manager seen things needed changing and we had a half time substitution (when was the last time you saw that?) and the teams performance improved.Gradually the team I saw pre-season returned and we started to knock the ball around with more confidence and wave after wave of attack began.A Maja goal lifted the crowd and I knew the least we would get from the game was a point.Lo and behold deep in extra time and Gooch scores a fantastic header to give us the three points (again when was the last time we scored so late to win a game?) and welcome to the stadium of delight!

One thing I did notice...the 10-15 minute from the end evacuation didn't happen and the crowd stayed at the end to cheer and aplaude  the team,which can only be a good thing going forward.

Walking out of the stadium and heading toward town all you could see were happy smiling faces and virtually all the comments I heard about the game were positive....job done Jack,Stewart,Charlie and team!

It's only the first game and there's a long way to go but you have to admit things are looking up....you could tell our team hadn't been together long and a big miss for me was McGeouch in midfield who controlled the last couple of pre-season games and made us tick imo.
I do think the team we saw yesterday wont be our first choice team as we are still hoping to add to our squad and a few players are injured...but all the players gave their all yesterday and a few did their chances of being in the starting eleven no harm at all.

Hopefully this is the dawn of a new era...and I can proudly say when we return to the promised land I was there on resurrection day Smile
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Resurrection day

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-05, 7:37 am

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-05, 7:39 am

Excellent post my friend, excellent and I would guess just about sums up my day and thousands more.

I always leave my seat on 85 mins, I need to get down the steps before the rush, but I watch the end of the game on the TV on the concourse along with many more.

When Gooch scored I just instinctively turned and at the same time the gent next to me turned and we hugged each other, all around me people did the same. Complete strangers joined together in absolute joy all with beaming smiles.

You are right in saying we have a long way to go and that yesterdays team is not our best starting 11 and that gives me so much confidence but the main reason for confidence is Ross, he just fits, gets it and knows what to do and when. I would add one more thing, his man management seems fantastic.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  East Boldon black cat on 2018-08-05, 8:59 am

New to this forum.
But that was a superb post.
It was such a good day yesterday.
It feels like a bright new dawn is emerging.
And I feel it's going to get better and better
East Boldon black cat

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-05, 9:11 am

East Boldon black cat wrote:New to this forum.
Welcome, we are a quiet forum but hopefully new members like you can help solve that

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-05, 9:20 am

We have beaten Charlton at home.... a very good League One team.
Every reason to believe that we can do well this season on the foundation of home results.
A biggie for me is that whereas Charlton looked comfortable in the first half they appeared to tire whilst we were still full of running in the last 15 minutes. That could be a positive factor too for the games ahead.
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-08-05, 9:28 am

East Boldon black cat wrote:New to this forum.
Welcome East Boldon black cat always great to have new posters on our great little forum

And a fantatsic post OBC, youare like Syd and  missed your vocation man, the way you use words to convey emotions for those of us who weren't there. Brilliant. Even from the TV you could feel the positivity all round the ground.

Bring it on Luton Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  East Boldon black cat on 2018-08-05, 9:45 am

Thanks.
Yeah Luton town,I remember when we came out the ground we won 5-0 clinching the championship.
All the seller's outside their ground flogging banners
Another fantastic day.
Yeah bring it on!
East Boldon black cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum