SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Almost at screaming point yesterday
Today at 12:06 am by MrRAWhite

» Just spent £10.00
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by MrRAWhite

» Kacper Przybylko DEPARTS
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bad night for the u23 lads
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Silvers

» Juan Satori Sunday
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by gil t azell

» A nice Canary pink
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Midweek 03
Yesterday at 9:00 pm by lesmac

» Predictions Week 04
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by lesmac

» League Table Week 03
Yesterday at 7:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 03
Yesterday at 7:57 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Today is not about a football match

Go down

Today is not about a football match

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-04, 7:12 am

Well it's finally here and it's a day I am looking forward to so much. I'm well aware that the game could back fire but the game for me is of secondary importance today.

I like many others have trundled along to games and last season was a punishment and etched in my mind is not the games but the absolute despair, arriving at the ground that felt so tired and downtrodden.

Around me fans sat with a look on their faces of sadness and despair, yes that word despair again, many had given up, turned their backs, stayed away but for me and many others that was never an option. Sunderland for me is far more than a stadium or set of players, manager and owner its my club and a little like when a family member is sick I had to be there at the bedside.

Whatever our feelings on Short the unforgivable thing for me is the last two seasons, especially last season, it was like turning of the life support and watching us die a painful death but, we did not die, we hung on.  I take so much pride in sticking with the sick patient because whatever was happening the club to me is like a living thing that I needed to know was not alone, not abandoned and I and around 20,000 others tried our best to breath some life into it.

So today is about the rebirth, we hopefully will win but we could draw or even lose but we will be proud, positive and I simply know that owners, manager players and fans will give their all and the tired old stadium will be sitting proud again, new owner,manager and players and even new seats but the same fans, those who stuck with it joined by those returning and even some who will be coming for the first time.

Today for me will be about the smiles, atmosphere, emotion and simple happiness that we are back, alive, kicking and re born. It's why the pub or Sky was never an option because today will be an emotional party to celebrate our new beginning and I want to be there to soak it all up. 

I understand that not everyone is the same and I in no way suggest that if you are not there you are some kind of second class supporter, we come in many shapes and sizes and anyone who is still even thinking of Sunderland after the suffering we have gone through deserves a big pat on the back. But I guess my point is a simple one, those daft fools like me who kept on going are simply looking forward to smiling again at a football match, a proud smile that comes not with victory but simply with caring.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Today is not about a football match

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-04, 8:17 am

like like

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-04, 8:36 am

tewart donald‏ [ltr]@stewartdonald3[/ltr] 35m35 minutes ago
[size=1]More
[/size]
Just a little!! Like everyone else it seems I Couldnt sleep up at 5!! Can’t stand still - overly nervous I think but just desperate that everyone enjoys their day! I know we will give 100 percent. Stick with us!!

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-08-04, 10:27 am

I am just as excited and yes a bit sad I am not going - just too much to do - am sitting here now doing reports for a meeting tomorrow moning!

Yes indeed, today is not about football. It is about the simple joy and delight that our club is saved, and on its way back where it belongs, with owners, directors, managers, players, other staff and supporters all pulling in the same direction - UP!

Enjoy your day everyone Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-08-04, 7:38 pm

It was a fab day.

Nervy start, some good performances, some sightly wayward passes (not criticising) and some players to come in to improve us.  A win, confidence. Team spirit, bonded well with that winning celebration.

Great post, great day and now well on me way to getting blotto.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum