SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 1:54 pm by Silvers

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 12:55 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» NETFLIX
Today at 11:30 am by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 8:42 am by oldblackcat

» Oh dear
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 106
Yesterday at 11:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Bloody Spanish people in Benidorm
Yesterday at 10:27 pm by MrRAWhite

» The battle of head and heart
Yesterday at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Yesterday at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd

Catts

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Catts

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-10, 9:16 am

Well the manager so far has been very pragmatic in his attitude.
I think Catts will be used as a fill in for injured players.
He may be effective if used sparingly and provided of course he is not injured or suspended !
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-10, 10:58 am

cyprussyd wrote:Now here we go, my defence of Cattermole because I honestly think he gets an unfair press.

I would be happy to see Catts move on, on loan now but move all the same, his days with Sunderland are behind him and I dont see him being a good fit in the set up Ross is creating.

I would also agree that his best days are behind him, some defence I hear you say.

Well for me Catts has always given his best for the club on the pitch, I know there are stories about his disruptive influence in the dressing room but for all the gossip I have not heard a word about that from players or managers but it's clear that any disruptive influence he may have had is gone under Ross.

We ask players to commit, give their all, do their best and for me Catts has always done that, many fans say he is useless but manager after manager have disagreed with that but again I never blame any player who is not good enough, that's a problem of recruitment or management, a player can only do their best and that's all we should ever ask of them, IMO Catts has always given his all.

If he stays and plays he will get my support for as long as he keeps doing his best. If he goes he will leave with my best wishes and thanks.

You dont need to be a footballing genius to see that the players coming in, Power being the latest means Catts days are over so a move will be best for everyone but, will Catts take the drop he would have to in wages to accommodate that move? If not then he and we may have a problem but if we have to pay 10k a week to move in on that for me is better than paying 40k a week to have a player we wont use.

I can remember a few great escapes where Catts leadership played a big part in the escape.
Well you say what you see which is fair enough. Your 2nd and 3rd paras sum it up for me though. I just don't think he's been good enough for a long time and now is definately the time he has to go one way or the other. The club is now different in so many ways to what it has been over the last few seasons and we don'tneed the hangover from the past. It is no longer a backs to the wall or fighting out of a corner situation and the days when the vain hope of Catts showing the rest of the team how to put in some effort have passed. I personally can't see any of his attributes being needed anymore with the squad we have.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-10, 11:06 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Now here we go, my defence of Cattermole because I honestly think he gets an unfair press.

I would be happy to see Catts move on, on loan now but move all the same, his days with Sunderland are behind him and I dont see him being a good fit in the set up Ross is creating.

I would also agree that his best days are behind him, some defence I hear you say.

Well for me Catts has always given his best for the club on the pitch, I know there are stories about his disruptive influence in the dressing room but for all the gossip I have not heard a word about that from players or managers but it's clear that any disruptive influence he may have had is gone under Ross.

We ask players to commit, give their all, do their best and for me Catts has always done that, many fans say he is useless but manager after manager have disagreed with that but again I never blame any player who is not good enough, that's a problem of recruitment or management, a player can only do their best and that's all we should ever ask of them, IMO Catts has always given his all.

If he stays and plays he will get my support for as long as he keeps doing his best. If he goes he will leave with my best wishes and thanks.

You dont need to be a footballing genius to see that the players coming in, Power being the latest means Catts days are over so a move will be best for everyone but, will Catts take the drop he would have to in wages to accommodate that move? If not then he and we may have a problem but if we have to pay 10k a week to move in on that for me is better than paying 40k a week to have a player we wont use.

I can remember a few great escapes where Catts leadership played a big part in the escape.
Well you say what you see which is fair enough. Your 2nd and 3rd paras sum it up for me though. I just don't think he's been good enough for a long time and now is definately the time he has to go one way or the other. The club is now different in so many ways to what it has been over the last few seasons and we don'tneed the hangover from the past. It is no longer a backs to the wall or fighting out of a corner situation and the days when the vain hope of Catts showing the rest of the team how to put in some effort have passed. I personally can't see any of his attributes being needed anymore with the squad we have.
Neither can I and thats why its time for him to move on.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-10, 11:15 am

Undoubtedly when he is on the pitch he gives 100% and is good at exhorting his team mates to give 100%, although refs are often predisposed to penalise him he chats to the ref and has some influence on decisions. That to me is his good points.

The problem is with injuries (and I suspect he is too fond of the odd jar or two) his playing abilities, speed, passing and timing tackles are worsening and younger, fitter, faster players we have now are stranding him outside of a match day squad.

Catts will have some pride  and although he has a good wage he probably would like to move to play
 Otherwise we may have to cut our losses and pay him off.

Ovideo to my mind is another matter.. he is atm our best LB and when he plays it enables Matthews who is our best RB to play in his best position... this gives balance and strength to our defence
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-12, 10:49 am

Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole is being lined up for a sensational move to Bordeaux, now managed by former Stadium of Light chief Gus Poyet (Sunday Mirror)

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-12, 11:11 am

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole is being lined up for a sensational move to Bordeaux, now managed by former Stadium of Light chief Gus Poyet (Sunday Mirror)
Neutral Arrow bb

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-12, 11:46 am

Like  many I have a soft spot for Catts.. but he now needs to move.. what I saw of his play yesterday.. makes me agree with the RR rating. It will be a long tough fight to get out of this division and we cannot afford passengers.. which atm he is unless there is a massive  change of form.

The 16 year old Mumba looks good and needs careful handling but with Mad Max etc.. midfield is okay.

Baldwin and Loovens with Matthews and Ovideo and McLaughlin is a good defence.

Maja also needs nurturing and is a better if he has someone to play off. Next couple of weeks to get that sorted.

There is no place for Catts
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-13, 11:40 am

Catts close to the exit door?

News reports over the weekend indicated that Lee Cattermole is a target of Ligue 1 side Bordeaux, who are keen on taking the midfielder on loan before the European transfer window closes at the end of August.
The 30-year old midfielder has fallen out of favour on Wearside and has no future here, so finding him a new club before time runs out is one of the main tasks that Sunderland’s recruitment team have to face over the coming weeks.
An article this morning from TEAMtalk suggests that the former Middlesbrough captain is highly rated by former Sunderland gaffer Gustavo Poyet, and is keen on taking Cattermole over to France on loan with a view to purchase him in the future.
The piece also states that Sunderland would have to assist with paying a portion of his £40,000-per-week wages - though whether the club would be willing to do so in order to shift a player they have no intention of keeping remains to be seen.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-08-13, 11:58 am

cyprussyd wrote:

[size=32]Catts close to the exit door?[/size]

[size=30]News reports over the weekend indicated that Lee Cattermole is a target of Ligue 1 side Bordeaux, who are keen on taking the midfielder on loan before the European transfer window closes at the end of August.[/size]
[size=30]The 30-year old midfielder has fallen out of favour on Wearside and has no future here, so finding him a new club before time runs out is one of the main tasks that Sunderland’s recruitment team have to face over the coming weeks.[/size]
[size=30]An article this morning from TEAMtalk suggests that the former Middlesbrough captain is highly rated by former Sunderland gaffer Gustavo Poyet, and is keen on taking Cattermole over to France on loan with a view to purchase him in the future.[/size]
[size=30]The piece also states that Sunderland would have to assist with paying a portion of his £40,000-per-week wages - though whether the club would be willing to do so in order to shift a player they have no intention of keeping remains to be seen.[/size]

I guess loaning him out and paying part of his wages is better than not loaning him out and paying all of his wages for doing nothing

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-13, 12:04 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

[size=32]Catts close to the exit door?[/size]

[size=30]News reports over the weekend indicated that Lee Cattermole is a target of Ligue 1 side Bordeaux, who are keen on taking the midfielder on loan before the European transfer window closes at the end of August.[/size]
[size=30]The 30-year old midfielder has fallen out of favour on Wearside and has no future here, so finding him a new club before time runs out is one of the main tasks that Sunderland’s recruitment team have to face over the coming weeks.[/size]
[size=30]An article this morning from TEAMtalk suggests that the former Middlesbrough captain is highly rated by former Sunderland gaffer Gustavo Poyet, and is keen on taking Cattermole over to France on loan with a view to purchase him in the future.[/size]
[size=30]The piece also states that Sunderland would have to assist with paying a portion of his £40,000-per-week wages - though whether the club would be willing to do so in order to shift a player they have no intention of keeping remains to be seen.[/size]

I guess loaning him out and paying part of his wages is better than not loaning him out and paying all of his wages for doing nothing
It is Dave and Catts age and form means we would never move him without chipping in but its now about far more than money. Catts is a senior players from our past and needs moving to make way for the here and tomorrow. Oviedo is here and playing well and Pappy and N'Dong are not around the place but Catts is part of the squad but no longer part of the team.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-13, 11:08 pm

Gathering pace this story

Sunderland's 30-year-old English midfielder Lee Cattermole could be set for a move to Bordeaux,where ex-Black Cats boss Gus Poyet is manager. (Teamtalk)

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-14, 8:49 am

cyprussyd wrote:Gathering pace this story

Sunderland's 30-year-old English midfielder Lee Cattermole could be set for a move to Bordeaux,where ex-Black Cats boss Gus Poyet is manager. (Teamtalk)

Not much being said about this on the tinternet... false hope atm perhaps
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-15, 12:00 am

Bordeaux's ex-Sunderland manager Gus Poyet is in talks with the Black Cats over signing 30-year-old English midfielder Lee Cattermole on loan. (Guardian)

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-15, 8:05 am

cyprussyd wrote:Bordeaux's ex-Sunderland manager Gus Poyet is in talks with the Black Cats over signing 30-year-old English midfielder Lee Cattermole on loan. (Guardian)

It's gaining momentum then
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-15, 9:07 am

How close Cattermole came to leaving

While Sunderland and Bordeaux remain in advanced talks for the transfer of Lee Cattermole, a story has emerged that tells how close he came to leaving the club in the past.

When Poyet brought in Liam Bridcutt from Brighton back in 2014, Sunderland were in talks to sell Cattermole to Stoke City and according to the Stoke Sentinal, that move almost came off.
The report claims that the midfielder had travelled to Stoke on transfer deadline day in January and was parked up just down the road from Stoke’s training ground. While Stoke worked to complete the move, they even provided Cattermole with free pizza while he waited for the go-ahead to complete the move.
Poyet then pulled the plug on the deal at the last minute and the midfielder went on to become a key player that season under the Uruguayan. They may now be reunited in Ligue 1 with Poyet pursuing a loan deal for the 30-year-old.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-15, 12:37 pm

Latest news from Get French Football News:
Lee Cattermole will not be joining Bordeaux, despite the Ligue 1 side making a loan offer for the English defensive midfielder. Player’s wages are viewed as excessive & Sunderland wanted to sell, not loan, according to @Mth_Adrien.
Lee Cattermole will not be joining Bordeaux, despite the Ligue 1 side making a loan offer for the English defensive midfielder. Player's wages are viewed as excessive & Sunderland wanted to sell, not loan, according to @Mth_Adrien.
— Get French Football News (@GFFN) August 15, 2018

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-15, 12:49 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Latest news from Get French Football News:
Lee Cattermole will not be joining Bordeaux, despite the Ligue 1 side making a loan offer for the English defensive midfielder. Player’s wages are viewed as excessive & Sunderland wanted to sell, not loan, according to @Mth_Adrien.
Lee Cattermole will not be joining Bordeaux, despite the Ligue 1 side making a loan offer for the English defensive midfielder. Player's wages are viewed as excessive & Sunderland wanted to sell, not loan, according to @Mth_Adrien.
— Get French Football News (@GFFN) August 15, 2018

I'm sure he's taken sound advice from Margaret Byrne.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-15, 4:18 pm

Not predictable at all Wink
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-15, 4:20 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Not predictable at all Wink

Just annoying. Oh well, he might get a game tonight as our last choice midfielder.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-15, 4:22 pm

Kipper wrote:

Just annoying. Oh well, he might get a game tonight as our last choice midfielder.
I hope not, better keeping him for cup game tomorrow hahahahahahahahaha

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-15, 6:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

I suppose the decision is to say let him go on loan and we pay half and club taking him on pays half... or we pay full wages and play him once in a while  Twisted Evil
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-15, 10:33 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Attention to detail Smile
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-15, 11:36 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

It's mixing with all these old people

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-08-16, 8:50 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

It's mixing with all these old people

Now, just so I don't turn up on the wrong day, am I right in thinking we're playing at 3pm on Sunday this weekend at home?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-16, 8:51 am

Sunderland owner Stewart Donald has rubbished claims from within the French media that the club rejected a loan offer from Ligue 1 side Bordeaux.

By [size=13][url=https://www.sbnation.com/users/Andy Tomlinson]Andy Tomlinson[/url]@SAFCsource  Aug 16, 2018, 7:00am BST

SHARE[/size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Your daily reminder of Sunderland news!

[size=33]Donald rubbishes Cattermole deal claims[/size]

News broke yesterday that claimed Lee Cattermole’s proposed move to Bordeaux had broken down, with the report suggesting that Sunderland were not keen on the terms of the loan deal, as well as the Ligue 1 club struggling to afford the midfielder’s wages.
Sunderland owner Stewart Donald took to Twitter last night to deny those reports in France, saying the claims were ‘utter rubbish’.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Although a move to Bordeaux may still be a possibility for Cattermole, their manager and ex-Sunderland boss Gus Poyet played down suggestions that the midfielder would be arriving at the Ligue 1 club:

We are talking about a player who played with me in Sunderland but they say anything there.
If every player who is linked with Bordeaux comes, we’d have the biggest team in the world. No, but we are trying [to bring players in].

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum