SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
Yesterday at 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Spain v England
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 4:33 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 4:28 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 4:23 pm by Silvers

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Mid week 9
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Settle down now.
2018-10-14, 7:45 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

the squiggle

Go down

the squiggle

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 2:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As Charlie Wyke was announced as a Sunderland player on Wednesday evening he posed with his new squad number at the Stadium of Light.
Holding aloft a Sunderland shirt with his name and number 9 on his back, it was the first time Sunderland fans had seen the new lettering and numbering for the 2018-19 EFL season.

One thing that was immediately noticeable was a squiggle that appeared just before the name.
That squiggle will appear before every name on every EFL shirt this season, and for good reason too.
Here’s what that squiggle is and why it is there.

What is the squiggle?

The squiggle is the logo of mental health charity Mind.

So why is it on the back of shirts?

Mind are the official charity partner of EFL for the 2018-19 season, and as part of the deal their logo and name appear on the back of every shirt.

Who are Mind and what do they do?

They are a mental health charity who promote the benefits of healthy bodies and healthy minds, by using the power of football and other sports to improve the nation’s mental wellbeing.

What do they hope to achieve from the EFL deal?

The goal to enhance and improve the way that football, sport and society approaches mental health and will seek to increase awareness and understanding amongst fans, Clubs and staff alike.
With one in four individuals affected by mental health problems, the EFL will work with its network of 72 Clubs and community trusts to promote Mind’s message and services to millions nationwide with four ambitions to promote better mental health:
- Support EFL players, managers and staff
- Raise awareness about mental health with fans, clubs and staff
- Raise funds to deliver life changing support
- Improve the approach to mental health in the EFL, in football and in wider society

How long does the partnership last?

The initial deal is a two-year one. It started for the upcoming 2018-19 season and will also remain for 2019-2020 too.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: the squiggle

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-02, 3:24 pm

I have never bought a name and number for the shirt for many years, but promoting this great cause will have me going down there tomorrow and getting my name and the number 7 on my shirt..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum