SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
Yesterday at 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Spain v England
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 4:33 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 4:28 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 4:23 pm by Silvers

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Mid week 9
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Settle down now.
2018-10-14, 7:45 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

A clean slate

Go down

A clean slate

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-01, 2:43 am

Jack Ross has urged to his squad to build on the positivity of the club’s support as they kick off their season at the Stadium of Light.

The Black Cats face Charlton Athletic on Saturday (12.30pm KO) and are set to be backed by a bumper crowd.

Remarkably, season card sales for the upcoming campaign have already surpassed last season’s total and the Black Cats have been backed by big crowds in pre-season.

Ross says it will make his team a force to be reckoned with if they produce performances on the pitch.

Ross said: “They’re ridiculously loyal.
“I can only go on what I find when I come to the club and how positive it has been, the number that have attended games, the support they’ve given the players despite two consecutive relegation is mindblowing.
“The task is to buy into that and keep producing performances on the pitch.
“I’ve tried to have that engagement with supporters in the past and it’s something the club here is trying to do as a whole.

“It’s been tremendously impressive and it shows the squad that if we get it right on the pitch, then we’ll have something very powerful behind us.
“When you have that behind you it does matter.
“At home, particularly, if we have that behind us then it we will be a very difficult team to play against.”
Goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin hopes that the Black Cats can benefit from a ‘reset’ this summer and improve the mood around the club.

He told the Mirror: “We have to cleanse this club. This is the moment for a reset. Have people here without the baggage of past seasons.
“And if we can set high goals and achieve them ... cult heroes emerge when a team comes back from its lowest ebb.
“You have to make a conscious effort to clean the slate or you go on a downward spiral.
“It is important we’ve made that transition now.
“There are lots of new players and a new management team.

“It hopefully will cleanse that bad feeling. That doom and gloom around those players.
“We don’t come with that baggage (of the past), that personal weight on our shoulders.
“Hopefully we can turn the trend and get it back on winning ways.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A clean slate

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-08-02, 1:01 am

Everything is so positive and all the right things are being said so it is very exciting Very Happy

(but am I allowd that teensy, tiny bit of fear that all Sunderland fans have at the back of their minds? Laughing Laughing Laughing  )
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 8:11 am

Hieronymus wrote:Everything is so positive and all the right things are being said so it is very exciting Very Happy

(but am I allowd that teensy, tiny bit of fear that all Sunderland fans have at the back of their minds? Laughing Laughing Laughing  )
I think as the clock is ticking and kick off gets nearer the excitement grows but so do the nerves. There is a tremendous pressure on the manager and team because of the feel good factor.

Its almost taken for granted that we will win on Saturday but we must not forget that Charlton may just have a say in the outcome.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-02, 9:28 am

Having heard Ross speak on video a few times now.. his accent is most definitely Scottish..

As Pooh Bear/Honeyman is skipper is that a sign for Catts to go away?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum