SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Welcome to the seventies old man!
Today at 11:10 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 10:13 am by barrowmackem

» League Table Week 11
Today at 10:07 am by barrowmackem

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 7:04 pm by gil t azell

» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by gil t azell

» It's boring is it not
Yesterday at 5:31 pm by Hieronymus

» MoN
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 9:49 am by vinkel

» Louis Laing
Yesterday at 9:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
2018-10-15, 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Jack Ross

Go down

Jack Ross

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-30, 9:33 am

At the end of the day results and results alone will decide on what sort of Sunderland future Ross will have, the sad fact of life for a football manager but in these early days Ross has impressed me greatly.

His character and personality fit the club I want, a smiling happy, confident man but a down to earth no nonsense man. He seems very approachable, calm and focused.

I guess like everyone else my first reaction when his name was mentioned was, "Jack who"? Coleman, Moyes, O'Neil, Poyet, Advocat, Di Canio and even Grayson were all names I knew, some I new very well but a combination of bad luck, bad players attitude and a bad management structure above them meant all failed. Success became beating Newcastle and a great escape with a memorable trip to Wembley thrown in.

I have yet to see us play in the flesh and cant wait for Saturday to rectify that but the feeling now to the feeling at the end of last season are like chalk and cheese. Yes Donalds ownership has played a massive part and its his leadership that led to the appointment of Ross but it's Ross and his backroom staff that will make or break our season and our future and its him that excites me.

His style, his work with the players and the obvious improvement we are seeing stand us in good stead for the season ahead. Not only is he getting the best out of the new players but importantly he is also getting the best out of the existing young and not so young players who all seem to love playing for him.

I am preparing myself for some shocks on Saturday, players trying hard, passing the ball to other Sunderland players, attacking, rotating, a plan A and a plan B, scoring goals, winning and above all a goalkeeper who looks like a goalkeeper.

We have had many false dawns and the more sensible cautious among us will remind but sod that for a game of soldiers me its best to judge after ??? game of soldiers, get excited and enjoy the ride, its what we Mackems do.

Hope to see many of you on Saturday to give the new owner, manager and players the biggest welcome ever.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack Ross

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-30, 9:44 am

Very well said Syd, I can feel the energy coming back to our club and its supporters. It is like we have had a long, cold, wet, dreary Winter and suddenly it's Spring, with a warm, bright sun shining in blue skies. Just makes you feel naturally more cheerful.

I won't be there on Saturday, have lots of commitments now and very little spare time, but I will be sitting listening to the match on radio and not one of the 30,000 attending will cheer louder than me when those goals go in. And they will! cheers 

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2018-07-30, 10:35 am

I remember (vividly) our 3rd division campaign in the late 80s..
I attended most home games.

A slow start then a swift rise up the table, based on a very solid and TOUGH defence, with a midfielder Gates feeding our new striker Gabbiadini for his goals.
With Gabbas it was all about PACE.

The signs are that the present team are shaping up very similar..

As for me, I will be happy to see our swan dive arrested, once and for all.
Safe until Christmas, then push on massively ..

Very Happy
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-30, 11:19 am

Come Saturday 

Very Happy

Sad

Rolling Eyes
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-30, 11:56 am

Silvers wrote:I remember (vividly) our 3rd division campaign in the late 80s..
I attended most home games.

A slow start then a swift rise up the table, based on a very solid and TOUGH defence, with a midfielder Gates feeding our new striker Gabbiadini for his goals.
With Gabbas it was all about PACE.

The signs are that the present team are shaping up very similar..

As for me, I will be happy to see our swan dive arrested, once and for all.
Safe until Christmas, then push on massively ..

Very Happy
I too recal that third division season - we went from utter despair and anger to loving every single game and creating a new Sunderland hero still talked about today.  If we do half as well this year I will consider it a job well done.

(PS: great to see you posting again Silvers - we have missed you Smile )
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-30, 12:03 pm

And if you will not be there remember its live on Sky, look out for me, I will be the one in the new red seat.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-07-30, 3:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:And if you will not be there remember its live on Sky, look out for me, I will be the one in the new red seat.

And red hat and no knickers

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-07-30, 8:12 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:And if you will not be there remember its live on Sky, look out for me, I will be the one in the new red seat.

And red hat and no knickers
Part of his bonding & reconnection  Shocked

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum