SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Almost at screaming point yesterday
Today at 12:06 am by MrRAWhite

» Just spent £10.00
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by MrRAWhite

» Kacper Przybylko DEPARTS
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bad night for the u23 lads
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Silvers

» Juan Satori Sunday
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by gil t azell

» A nice Canary pink
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Midweek 03
Yesterday at 9:00 pm by lesmac

» Predictions Week 04
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by lesmac

» League Table Week 03
Yesterday at 7:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 03
Yesterday at 7:57 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sunderland v Charlton

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Sunderland v Charlton

Post  Silvers on 2018-08-01, 11:38 pm

I will be happy if we thrash them one nil...
Silvers
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-08-02, 2:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:I'm absolutely buzzing about the game on Saturday.. I'm in the bad books with my better half as I have delayed the leaving time of our holiday so I can get to the game.. I'm really hopeful that we can get our first opening day win for almost a decade..
Allan the highlighted bits I understand fully and I spend a lot of time on twitter because many on there share your and my buzz, a buzz I have not had for years, a buzz I probably should not have at my age but a buzz I cant suppress.

This week I am struggling to get on with a normal life, I am doing the normal things but Saturday is always there at the back of my mind and TBH I cant understand how any long suffering Sunderland fan does not feel the same.

Yes we may get thrashed on Saturday, yes we may be ready for one more false dawn, yes we may fall flat on our face and I honestly understand caution but, after the last few seasons surely we can just let go and enjoy this feeling of excitement.

Here on Sundermad we dont seem to have the buzz that we have judging by the silence all around.

That's why I am spending more time on twitter, I need to find people who like us are excited and actually sharing that excitement.
Many are probably busy at work with time only to pop on to see whats happening....just a thought?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 10:26 am

Sunderland boss Jack Ross has suggested to the Chronicle that Jerome Sinclair won’t be ready to start at the weekend.
Sunderland kick off their season against Charlton Athletic on Saturday, after what has been a busy week of transfer action for them.
Sunderland have brought in Luke O’Nien, Jack Baldwin and Sinclair in recent times.

And Ross is considering starting both O’Nien and Baldwin at the weekend.
He said: “Fitness-wise, they [Baldwin and O’Nien] are OK. They have come from other clubs so they have been involved in pre-season, which is different to a free agent who might be catching up fitness-wise.
“The exception is Jerome who is still playing catch-up because he was really on the periphery at Watford, but the other two lads would have been part of what their clubs were trying to do for the start of the season.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Baldwin could step into Sunderland’s defence, and play alongside Glenn Loovens.
O’Nien, meanwhile, looks likely to add energy to Sunderland’s midfield options.
The Black Cats go into this season under pressure, as the bookies’ favourites to win League One.
Sunderland are the biggest team in the third tier, but Charlton looks to be a tough test to start off with, as the Addicks also are among the leading contenders for promotion.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 2:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-02, 3:11 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:I'm absolutely buzzing about the game on Saturday.. I'm in the bad books with my better half as I have delayed the leaving time of our holiday so I can get to the game.. I'm really hopeful that we can get our first opening day win for almost a decade..
Allan the highlighted bits I understand fully and I spend a lot of time on twitter because many on there share your and my buzz, a buzz I have not had for years, a buzz I probably should not have at my age but a buzz I cant suppress.

This week I am struggling to get on with a normal life, I am doing the normal things but Saturday is always there at the back of my mind and TBH I cant understand how any long suffering Sunderland fan does not feel the same.

Yes we may get thrashed on Saturday, yes we may be ready for one more false dawn, yes we may fall flat on our face and I honestly understand caution but, after the last few seasons surely we can just let go and enjoy this feeling of excitement.

Here on Sundermad we dont seem to have the buzz that we have judging by the silence all around.

That's why I am spending more time on twitter, I need to find people who like us are excited and actually sharing that excitement.
I may be as excited as you, just not showing it.
Well I got tickets for saturday for my youngest son (had to drop his season ticket that he has had since he was about four due to going to Uni this year) and my 16 year old daughter (who seems to have caught the SAFC bug for the first time ever). Me and my eldest lad also there with season tickets. I was surprised that I couldn't get two seats together anywhere close to where we sit and have had to get them near the front in the section that I sit.. There are usually a few empty seats around where I sit..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 3:23 pm

Not sure I will sleep on Friday night

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 3:24 pm

Just listened to Ross and his first match press conference, I think I may be in love

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-02, 3:32 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Not sure I will sleep on Friday night

I normally have a few pre match beers to calm the nerves, but have to drive to Cumbria straight after the game so soft drinks only..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 3:35 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Not sure I will sleep on Friday night

I normally have a few pre match beers to calm the nerves, but have to drive to Cumbria straight after the game so soft drinks only..
well if all goes to plan you will fly to Cumbria on the newly cleaned magic carpet.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-08-02, 3:38 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I’m hearing around 26,000 tickets have now sold for our opening game of the season including 22,000 SC sales & 400 Charlton fans.

Not that bothered how many turn up.. as long as I can get there.. "under the weather atm"
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 3:39 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I’m hearing around 26,000 tickets have now sold for our opening game of the season including 22,000 SC sales & 400 Charlton fans.

Not that bothered how many turn up.. as long as I can get there.. "under the weather atm"
Only death will excuse you

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 3:43 pm

28,625 home tickets sold for Saturday, so far, In league one.

Back to back relegations. With 6 home wins in 2 year. That’s £130 per win for the CHEAPEST adult season card.

Absolute idiots, every single one of ya, and I love ya’s all.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-02, 4:50 pm

cyprussyd wrote:28,625 home tickets sold for Saturday, so far, In league one.

Back to back relegations. With 6 home wins in 2 year. That’s £130 per win for the CHEAPEST adult season card.

Almost certainly heading for a 30,000 + crowd then..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 4:54 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:

I think that's guaranteed.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-02, 5:00 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:

I think that's guaranteed.
The ticket office was very busy when I was there earlier this afternoon..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 5:05 pm

St Mirren capacity 8023 average last season 4448 so big rise for Jacko

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-02, 6:31 pm

cyprussyd wrote:St Mirren capacity 8023 average last season 4448 so big rise for Jacko

Where do you get the figures of how many tickets sold?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 6:37 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:St Mirren capacity 8023 average last season 4448 so big rise for Jacko

Where do you get the figures of how many tickets sold?
Just been confirmed by Charlie, see what you are missing

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 6:43 pm

Sunderland AFC kick off the new EFL season on Saturday with a showpiece game against Charlton Athletic and fans are being encouraged to arrive as early as possible for the lunchtime kick off.
Fans collecting or buying match tickets should do so in advance of the day of the game where possible. If collecting or purchasing on the day, they should arrive early as queues are expected closer to kick off, due to a higher than usual number of ticket collections.
Season card holders are reminded that they should use their existing season card from last season, unless they have moved seats or changed price bracket, in which case they will have been sent a new card.
Making the most of the summer weather, the stadium’s popular FanZone will return, initially for the first seven league games of the season. On Saturday it will open at 10.30am, two hours prior to the 12.30pm kick off.
Frankie Francis, of Frankie and the Heartstrings fame will return as host, and there will be music and entertainment to get supporters in the match day mood.
Current and former players will be appearing and there will be a range of food on offer to whet the appetite. Fans will be able to enjoy the famous chicken Balti pies, sausage rolls, burgers, hotdogs, chips and much more, along with alcoholic and soft drinks.
There will be games and competitions for all ages, with Family Zone activities also taking place in the family-friendly FanZone for the next few games. Fans can challenge each other to a game of FIFA 18 on PlayStation and there will be street football and other activities. Foundation of Light, Sunderland AFC’s charity, will also be on hand with some fun, football-themed games.
Stadium turnstiles will be open from 11am. Cash turnstiles 45 and 46will be available in the east stand and 31 and 32 in the Carling north stand, with adult tickets only. Concession priced tickets must be bought from the ticket office, which will be open until kick off.
Tickets start from £20 for adults and just £7.50 for under 16s.
The Stadium of Light ticket office is open for sales weekdays from 9am until 5pm. It will be open from 9am until kick off on the day of the game.
HOW TO BUY TICKETS
Online (24-hour service)
Telephone: 0371 911 1973 (operating hours replicate the ticket office opening hours listed below.
Calls charged at standard rate, plus your phone company’s access charge. The cost of calls from mobile phones may vary.
In-person: Stadium of Light ticket office, opening hours as listed…
Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm
Matchday Saturday 9am-kick off (12.30pm)
Non-matchday Saturday, 9am - 2pm
Sunday, CLOSED

Bookings are subject to a fee of £1.25 per ticket and a postage charge (where applicable) of £1 per transaction, on all telephone and online orders to cover service charges and administrative costs.
In the case of group applications, a booking fee of £1.25 will be charged per ticket up to a maximum of £10 per application. Postage charges may vary, please contact the Ticket Office for more information.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 7:53 pm

It would  not be a surprise to see...

[size=18]MCLAUGHLIN[/size]
[size=18]LOVE    BALDWIN  LOOVENS  MATHEWS[/size]
[size=18]HONEYMAN CATTERMOLE O'NIEN[/size]
[size=18]MAGUIRE  MAJA  GOOCH[/size]

Sinclair not fit to start maybe on bench and Cattermole will bring experience

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 7:53 pm

MCLAUGHLIN
LOVE    BALDWIN  LOOVENS  MATHEWS
HONEYMAN CATTERMOLE O'NIEN
MAGUIRE  MAJA  GOOCH

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-08-02, 10:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

MCLAUGHLIN
LOVE    BALDWIN  LOOVENS  MATHEWS
HONEYMAN CATTERMOLE O'NIEN
MAGUIRE  MAJA  GOOCH

I'd be delighted to see Lee Cattermole start against Charlton on Saturday despite his limitations of lack of speed, probable fitness issues and the bad boy reputation.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 11:01 pm

Jack Ross opens up on Lee Cattermole future

Lee has trained fantastically well since I joined, I can only speak from that side. His application and conversations I have had with him, I can't speak highly enough of him. As long as that remains the case, that will continue."

Jack Ross

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-02, 11:37 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-08-03, 9:51 am

Quite excited, not felt like this for a long time. Well I don't expect the team to gel straight away so not expecting a classic but hoping for any sort of win to get us up and running.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum