SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Almost at screaming point yesterday
Today at 12:06 am by MrRAWhite

» Just spent £10.00
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by MrRAWhite

» Kacper Przybylko DEPARTS
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bad night for the u23 lads
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Silvers

» Juan Satori Sunday
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by gil t azell

» A nice Canary pink
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Midweek 03
Yesterday at 9:00 pm by lesmac

» Predictions Week 04
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by lesmac

» League Table Week 03
Yesterday at 7:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 03
Yesterday at 7:57 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sunderland v Charlton

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Charlton

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-28, 9:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well with pre season now over we have a week to build up for our first game of the 2018/19 season with the all new Sunderland AFC.

With the game being shown live on Sky it could well knock a few thousand off the attendance but I still expect a 30,000 plus crowd to welcome the new owner, manager and team and a good loud and excited mackem crowd will show them just what they have joined, first division maybe but not the first division they will be used to.

We have sold in excess of 23,000 season tickets and that is more than the ground capacity at many first division grounds so the stage is set and for the first time for a long time I dont expect a false dawn, you can feel the positivity around the team, club and area and I have to say I just love Ross and his laid back, smiling attitude. You can also see that behind the smile is a man not to be messed with, there will be no dressing room cliques causing trouble on his watch.

I know the sensible thing now is to not be overconfident, look for a good performance and hope for a win.

Well bollocks to that, I dont just expect a win, I expect a bloody good win.

At full time I want to look at the table on the left of the screen and see..

1. SUNDERLAND 1  3  3

I may be wrong about the GD, it could be plus 5

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland v Charlton

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-28, 9:31 am

Yep let's hope you are right.. I reckon we could still do with a few (Strikers in)..

We should still win!
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-28, 9:33 am

sunderpitt wrote:Yep let's hope you are right.. I reckon we could still do with a few (Strikers in)..

We should still win!
I am expecting two strikers this week, one loan and one permanent.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-30, 2:40 pm

My apologies to the players and my kiss of death but my team for Saturday would be..

MCLAUGHLIN
MATHEWS    BALDWIN  LOOVENS  FLANAGAN
MCGEOUCH  O'NION
MAGUIRE  SINCLAIR  GOOCH
MAJA

RUITER LOVE MUMBA ROBSON HONEYMAN OZTURK MOLYNEUX

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-30, 2:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:My apologies to the players and my kiss of death but my team for Saturday would be..

MCLAUGHLIN
MCGEOUCH  O'NION
MAGUIRE  SINCLAIR  GOOCH
MAJA

No Catts or new striker?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-30, 2:49 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:My apologies to the players and my kiss of death but my team for Saturday would be..

MCLAUGHLIN
MCGEOUCH  O'NION
MAGUIRE  SINCLAIR  GOOCH
MAJA

No Catts or new striker?
I expect the new striker to be Wyke who is injured and Catts to be way down the pecking order

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-30, 6:48 pm

[size=38]Lyle Taylor a doubt for Sunderland game, after rejecting Black Cats move earlier in the summer[/size]
Lyle Taylor chose the Charlton move over Sunderland this summer, but is an injury doubt for his side's trip to Wearside

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-30, 7:24 pm

Charlton struggling to even put a team out. Were going to win and win handsomely.

I still want Loovens to score so we can sing "Summer Loovens having a blast".
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-30, 7:43 pm

gil t azell wrote:Charlton struggling to even put a team out. Were going to win and win handsomely.

I still want Loovens to score so we can sing "Summer Loovens having a blast".
I want O'Nions to score so I can run on and kiss him

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-07-30, 8:15 pm

sunderpitt wrote:

MCLAUGHLIN
MCGEOUCH  O'NION
MAGUIRE  SINCLAIR  GOOCH
MAJA

No Catts or new striker?
I am not so sure that all of the newbies will start. It's not just fitness, but building a team. Love, Flannagan, Loovens and Matthews did OK against Boro at the back. They have all had a little more time to learn about how Ross wants them to play as a unit. Equally, Honeyman has been impressive in midfield , named as skipper and despite what the press have intimated, I think he will want to stay in this squad. Mumba might get a start as Robson still injured.
Regardless of team this week, Ross is developing a style that all of the squad can slip in and out of without lessening the impact. If we have a successful season,, likes the Shrews last year, we could end up playing some 60 games. A good squad needed to meet those demands and a significant level of rotation I expect.
Exciting isn't it Very Happy
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-30, 8:31 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

MCLAUGHLIN
MCGEOUCH  O'NION
MAGUIRE  SINCLAIR  GOOCH
MAJA

No Catts or new striker?
I am not so sure that all of the newbies will start. It's not just fitness, but building a team. Love, Flannagan, Loovens and Matthews did OK against Boro at the back. They have all had a little more time to learn about how Ross wants them to play as a unit. Equally, Honeyman has been impressive in midfield , named as skipper and despite what the press have intimated, I think he will want to stay in this squad. Mumba might get a start as Robson still injured.
Regardless of team this week, Ross is developing a style that all of the squad can slip in and out of without lessening the impact. If we have a successful season,, likes the Shrews last year, we could end up playing some 60 games. A good squad needed to meet those demands and a significant level of rotation I expect.
Exciting isn't it Very Happy
very

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-31, 4:31 pm

ack Ross has a number of injury concerns ahead of Saturday's clash with Charlton Athletic. Tom Flanagan looks set to miss the game while there are significant doubts over Dylan McGeouch, who was suffering from a tight calf during the 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough last week. That, coupled with the arrivals of Luke O'Nien and Jack Baldwin this week, means that Ross is yet to settle on his starting XI for the league opener. Ross said: "Obviously Aiden and Duncan [are out], the longer term ones. "Reece James is still not ready although he is edging back to fitness after missing a lot of pre-season. "Tom Flanagan will probably miss out as well because he picked up an injury in training which we are assessing the seriousness of. He got a knock just below his knee and it's a sore one. "Ethan Robson will hopefully train on Thursday which means he will be available. "We're low on numbers but bringing a couple of new players in has helped us to a degree. "[McGeouch] is doubtful. We’ve not given up hope of him being available but there’s a balance between pushing him hard for this weekend and risking him for longer. That’s not been decided either way but it’s a decision to make. We need him for a long season. "Ideally I'd like to go into the first game of the season with everyone available but that won't be the case, although I think Charlton are in the same boat. "I probably know the majority of my team but again that’s been challenged by adding to the squad and unfortunately we’ve picked up those couple of injuries. "That’s part of the challenge of being the manager because in the run up to the Middlesbrough game I probably was quite settled, but these challenges have arisen. We probably won’t settle on it until towards the end of the week." Ross added that McGeady has suffered a further setback after playing no part in pre-season, but he remains confident that he will add quality to the side when fit. He said: "Aiden had a bit of a setback on his calf injury at the end of last week and he had some work done on it yesterday to try and settle it down. "We will assess him again in 10 days and see whether he needs any more work or whether he is able to kick-on. "It has been really frustrating for him because he hasn't been involved in any sessions since day one of pre-season. "He has undoubtedly got masses of quality and he will be an asset for us. "It's frustrating for him but hopefully we will get to the bottom of it, whether that takes 10 days or two or three weeks we will get to that end point soon and he will be back available."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-31, 4:53 pm

"Aiden" is a sick note is he not?

We are not a big team and particularly if we are forced to field lots of young'uns  we might get bullied.

Will be buying a programme on Saturday so I can attempt to work out who is who.

Still need to bring a couple of players in... and kick out a couple of wasters... might be next transfer window?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-31, 5:05 pm

sunderpitt wrote:"Aiden" is a sick note is he not?

We are not a big team and particularly if we are forced to field lots of young'uns  we might get bullied.

Still need to bring a couple of players in... and kick out a couple of wasters... might be next transfer window?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-31, 5:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:"Aiden" is a sick note is he not?

Very apt ... as my christian name is Brian
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-07-31, 8:24 pm

Well I'm quite confident that we'll see a good game on saturday....

although I liked the look of Flanaghan and he's been getting good reviews I think we have players that can step in for him and wont look out of place

McGeouch looks a great signing to me,I for one will be disappointed if he dosen't  play but once again we have signed a player that could slot in if need be

I have no worries if we play a lot of young'uns...I don't think they will be bullied...I think they'll be well up for this match

The friendly I saw gave me great hope for the season ahead....we now have a way of playing and the players look comfortable and confident.....   

could be the kiss of death but I'm more excited than I've been for ages to see the match this saturday bounce
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-07-31, 9:17 pm

MCLAUGHLIN
LOVE    BALDWIN  LOOVENS  MATHEWS
HONEYMAN  O'NIEN
MAGUIRE  SINCLAIR  GOOCH
MAJA

RUITER  MUMBA ROBSON TAYLOR CATTERMOLE OZTURK MOLYNEUX
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-31, 9:21 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
MCLAUGHLIN
LOVE    BALDWIN  LOOVENS  MATHEWS
HONEYMAN  O'NIEN
MAGUIRE  SINCLAIR  GOOCH
MAJA

RUITER  MUMBA ROBSON TAYLOR CATTERMOLE OZTURK MOLYNEUX
would  not be upset with that team

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-01, 2:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-08-01, 10:15 am

I'm absolutely buzzing about the game on Saturday.. I'm in the bad books with my better half as I have delayed the leaving time of our holiday so I can get to the game.. I'm really hopeful that we can get our first opening day win for almost a decade..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-01, 10:50 am

MrRAWhite wrote:I'm absolutely buzzing about the game on Saturday.. I'm in the bad books with my better half as I have delayed the leaving time of our holiday so I can get to the game.. I'm really hopeful that we can get our first opening day win for almost a decade..
Allan the highlighted bits I understand fully and I spend a lot of time on twitter because many on there share your and my buzz, a buzz I have not had for years, a buzz I probably should not have at my age but a buzz I cant suppress.

This week I am struggling to get on with a normal life, I am doing the normal things but Saturday is always there at the back of my mind and TBH I cant understand how any long suffering Sunderland fan does not feel the same.

Yes we may get thrashed on Saturday, yes we may be ready for one more false dawn, yes we may fall flat on our face and I honestly understand caution but, after the last few seasons surely we can just let go and enjoy this feeling of excitement.

Here on Sundermad we dont seem to have the buzz that we have judging by the silence all around.

That's why I am spending more time on twitter, I need to find people who like us are excited and actually sharing that excitement.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-01, 11:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:
MrRAWhite wrote:I'm absolutely buzzing about the game on Saturday.. I'm in the bad books with my better half as I have delayed the leaving time of our holiday so I can get to the game.. I'm really hopeful that we can get our first opening day win for almost a decade..
Allan the highlighted bits I understand fully and I spend a lot of time on twitter because many on there share your and my buzz, a buzz I have not had for years, a buzz I probably should not have at my age but a buzz I cant suppress.

This week I am struggling to get on with a normal life, I am doing the normal things but Saturday is always there at the back of my mind and TBH I cant understand how any long suffering Sunderland fan does not feel the same.

Yes we may get thrashed on Saturday, yes we may be ready for one more false dawn, yes we may fall flat on our face and I honestly understand caution but, after the last few seasons surely we can just let go and enjoy this feeling of excitement.

Here on Sundermad we dont seem to have the buzz that we have judging by the silence all around.

That's why I am spending more time on twitter, I need to find people who like us are excited and actually sharing that excitement.
I may be as excited as you, just not showing it.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-01, 11:49 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

And that's fine Vinkle but I need to enjoy sharing the excitement, it's all part of it for me and thats why more and more of my day is spent away from SunderMad. Maybe people see this post as a criticism of SunderMad members but its not meant to be, just pointing out what I am looking for on line and more and more SunderMad is not providing it, just how it is.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-08-01, 12:05 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

And that's fine Vinkle but I need to enjoy sharing the excitement, it's all part of it for me and thats why more and more of my day is spent away from SunderMad. Maybe people see this post as a criticism of SunderMad members but its not meant to be, just pointing out what I am looking for on line and more and more SunderMad is not providing it, just how it is.
I wonder, would Billy have had a few choice words in reply

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-08-01, 1:53 pm

I’m hearing around 26,000 tickets have now sold for our opening game of the season including 22,000 SC sales & 400 Charlton fans.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum