SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
Yesterday at 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Spain v England
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 4:33 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 4:28 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 4:23 pm by Silvers

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Mid week 9
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Settle down now.
2018-10-14, 7:45 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Match Report and ratings from RR

Go down

Match Report and ratings from RR

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 10:29 pm

Match Report

Setting up in a 4-2-3-1, as they have throughout pre-season, Sunderland started the game brightly, attacking and pressing with intent.
That said, the first real chance of the game fell to Middlesbrough as the always-tricky Adama Traore ghosted past three Sunderland defenders before cracking his shot off the top of the bar.
After Boro’s brief spell of pressure came the worrying departure of Dylan McGeouch, who went off injured before being replaced by Alim Ozturk. Tom Flanagan took the Scotsman’s place in midfield, sitting just in front of the back four.
Not long after came an injury to Traore and it distracted Middlesbrough somewhat, leading to Sunderland’s first proper chance of the half.
A bad backpass put George Honeyman through on goal, and after managing to fashion himself a chance he couldn’t keep the ball down as his shot flew over the bar.
Sunderland’s keen attacking intent then continued - some fantastic work from Jerome Sinclair coming inside from the left led to a great save from Darron Randolph, and then Tom Flanagan headed just wide from the resulting corner.
Moments later they threatened again. After Jon McLaughlin excellently claimed an aerial ball from a Boro corner, he released Lynden Gooch at the other end of the pitch, who raced through on goal only to see his shot saved.
Middlesbrough then began to grow into the game as the half neared its end and should have gone 1-0 up when Paddy McNair found himself through on goal - but the former Sunderland midfielder was excellently denied by McLaughlin, who was excellent through the first 45 minutes.
Right before half time it was Sunderland’s turn to attack next as Josh Maja - who had enjoyed a decent half up to that point - rattled a vicious shot off the post.
But despite the best efforts of both sides the half ended goalless, with Sunderland perhaps just the better of the two teams.
With the teams off the pitch the weather turned crazy, and a freak storm caused a power cut which led to the referee calling the game off before another ball could be kicked.
FINAL SCORE: Middlesbrough 0-0 Sunderland

Player Ratings

Jon McLaughlin, 7/10: Outstanding. Forgot what a proper keeper was like until I saw him play! Hopeful for what he can bring next season.
Adam Matthews, 6/10: Good on the ball. Very comfortable - was probably glad to see Traore go off early.
Tom Flanagan, 7/10: Looked good when he went into midfield. Timed his tackles well.
Glenn Loovens, 7/10: Won me over immediately when he absolutely smashed Traore on the half way line.
Donald Love, 6/10: Comfortable defensively. Didn’t venture over the half way line too often.
Dylan McGeouch, 5/10: Had a few neat touches before going off injured. Hope it isn’t too serious.
Bali Mumba, 6/10: Did not look out of place up against far bigger, more experienced players.
George Honeyman, 6/10: Controlled the ball well and dropped deep in the absence of McGeouch and Cattermole.
Lynden Gooch, 7/10: Came close to scoring and looked very sharp. Had an impressive pre-season.
Josh Maja, 7/10: Held it up well and was unlucky when his shot rattled the post.
Jerome Sinclair, 6/10: Lively and would have scored had it not been for the foot of Randolph.
Alim Ozturk, 6/10: Slotted in well when he came on. Good in the air

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Match Report and ratings from RR

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-07-27, 11:57 pm

It is a work in progress, but performances seem to be improving game by game..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-07-28, 7:26 am

Seems we gave as good as we got...hope that McGeouch's injury isn't too serious I was  impressed how he played when I saw him...think he could be an important player for us this season
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-28, 8:38 am

So many pleasing and exciting things for me.

The first is seeing a team in red & white, OK and black, with energy, confidence and commitment.
Next is an important one, Ross has a plan and way of playing and every player knows their part and follows the plan.
When we lost the influential Scot, no I'm not even attempting it, people are unsure of the pronunciation and you expect me to spell it. Anyway, when we lost him we lost a lot of plan A but flowed seamlessly into plan B.

All this after 4 games and still a new squad, just think how good it could get.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-28, 8:50 am

Why wasn't Lee Cattermole involved at Boro?

Jack Ross has revealed Lee Cattermole wasn't involved at Middlesbrough due to illness.
Chris Maguire wasn't involved either, he hadn't trained in the run-up to the game.
Both are expected to be back training next week.

What was the injury to Dylan McGeouch?

Jack Ross has revealed Dylan McGeouch went off with a tight calf, he is expected to be okay for the visit of Charlton Athletic.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-28, 9:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-28, 9:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Charley Farley on 2018-07-28, 12:32 pm

Was McGeady in the squad?
If not, is he staying, injured or what?
Charley Farley

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-28, 12:51 pm

Charley Farley wrote:Was McGeady in the squad?
If not, is he staying, injured or what?
He is staying but injured

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum