SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 10:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 8:37 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 8:33 pm by Silvers

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 8:33 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 8:29 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 18
Today at 8:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 8:27 pm by Silvers

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 7:11 pm by gil t azell

» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 6:45 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Lee Barry Cattermole

Go down

Lee Barry Cattermole

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-26, 12:26 pm

A little like BREXIT the mention of Mr Cattermoles name divides opinion,

• A leader
  • A man in decline
  • An asset
  • A liability

Indeed he is a player who can be all of the above in the same game or none of the above in the same game.

Since being signed by Steve Bruce in August 2009 for 6 mil Catts has been a regular first team starter, a combative defensive midfielder with a reputation for yellow and red cards his Sunderland career has seen him flirt with and achieve relegation and he is an easy target for blame but he is not alone in that.

At 30 he is reaching a critical period for what remains of his career and its no secret that the club would not stand in the way of him moving to get his high wage off the books.

But with a reported weekly wage of around 60k, a few years still to run on his contract and his best years behind him who is going to move for him?

All reports from pre season say he has been far from impressive and probably a combination of a few things are behind that but he is a Sunderland player and could well still be when the window closes.

I cant see him being a first choice starter and any power he held in the dressing room appears to have declined, Ross seems to be a man who would come down heavy on anything that takes away from squad unity.

So what do we do with Catts, sell I hear you say but to sell you need a buyer.

Maybe a loan move is the answer.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee Barry Cattermole

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-26, 1:40 pm

Good summary 

Frankly if he is not good enough to be a 1st 11 pick... then loan him out to defray his expenses.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-07-26, 1:46 pm

A straight swap with young Grant at 'Boro sounds ideal . . . . he could play (when fit) for his boyhood team, and young Grant (who's older than Catts !) could play for his (when fit) Wink

p.s. he is still at 'Boro, isn't he ?
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-26, 3:54 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:A straight swap with young Grant at 'Boro sounds ideal . . . . he could play (when fit) for his boyhood team, and young Grant (who's older than Catts !) could play for his (when fit) Wink

p.s. he is still at 'Boro, isn't he ?
He is still at Boro and I would love to see him back to be playing and kissing his dad everytime we win.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum