SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 10:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 8:37 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 8:33 pm by Silvers

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 8:33 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 8:29 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 18
Today at 8:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 8:27 pm by Silvers

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 7:11 pm by gil t azell

» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 6:45 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The Billy D memorial thread

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: The Billy D memorial thread

Post  vinkel on 2018-07-12, 2:29 pm

I will try to fit that into my very busy diary, ho ho.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-07-12, 2:35 pm

Is there room on the home page for a Billy caricature with the words "Billy woz here"

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-07-12, 2:41 pm

This is a thread that I've just started on NOT606, entitled

"Saturday 1st September v Oxford United" . . . .

This has been arranged over in 'Sundermad' world and it is an open invitation to the good people on here to raise a glass to Billy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

COLLIERY TAVERN

1.30 Onwards

Outside the side door, in the tent

We haven't had a 'meet' for a while, and this seems like a good opportunity to have one, and to pay tribute to Billy at the same time, so let me know if you fancy it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 3:12 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:This is a thread that I've just started on NOT606, entitled

This has been arranged over in 'Sundermad' world and it is an open invitation to the good people on here to raise a glass to Billy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

COLLIERY TAVERN

1.30 Onwards

We haven't had a 'meet' for a while, and this seems like a good opportunity to have one, and to pay tribute to Billy at the same time, so let me know if you fancy it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 3:12 pm

vinkel wrote:I will try to fit that into my very busy diary, ho ho.
Old bugger with a diary, I put it on my calendar on my smart phone.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 3:16 pm

vinkel wrote:Is there room on the home page for a Billy caricature with the words "Billy woz here"
done

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-07-12, 3:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
I'm just hoping that someone will remind me nearer the time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 3:39 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I'm just hoping that someone will remind me nearer the time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-07-12, 3:54 pm

Being always up for a pint I quite fancied being a cheeky bugger and popping up myself, unfortunately we play your dear neighbours that day at the Etihad.  Hope you have a good turnout.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 4:02 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:Being always up for a pint I quite fancied being a cheeky bugger and popping up myself, unfortunately we play your dear neighbours that day at the Etihad.  Hope you have a good turnout.
You could always send a few quid to put behind the bar, we know you city fans have the dosh

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-07-12, 4:05 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:Being always up for a pint I quite fancied being a cheeky bugger and popping up myself, unfortunately we play your dear neighbours that day at the Etihad.  Hope you have a good turnout.
You could always send a few quid to put behind the bar, we know you city fans have the dosh
I’ll have to think about that.

Didn’t take long.     No.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 4:17 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

In Billy style words I hope your f*cking cock drops off, tw*t

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Teessidemakem on 2018-07-12, 4:40 pm

Ill spread the word on 606.
Teessidemakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-07-12, 4:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Razz   Billy didn’t bother with the * though.
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 4:49 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Razz   Billy didn’t bother with the * though.
Very Happy Very Happy  I'm quite enjoying Billy talk, feeling a new freedom clown clown

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Teessidemakem on 2018-07-12, 4:51 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:This is a thread that I've just started on NOT606, entitled

COLLIERY TAVERN

1.30 Onwards

Whoops ive just started another thread about this. I didnt realise youd done that.
Teessidemakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-07-12, 6:07 pm

I'll do my best to be there like
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-07-12, 6:23 pm

That's a great idea
Me and Nick will definitely be there
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 6:28 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:That's a great idea
Me and Nick will definitely be there
never in doubt

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-07-12, 6:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:A typical Billy memory. I thin k everyone knows that Billy and I fought like cat and dog falling out on a weekly basis. With that in mind you could be forgiven for thin king we hated each other and could never meet but, the last time I met Billy was at the Roker hotel, we had a few drinks together with Jerry, Nick, H and Mr H.

When we all left I got the biggest of hugs from Billy, said before, easy to fall out with but hard to dislike, wish I could hug the bugger now.
Yes I remember that well. He gave me a big hug too and a peck on the cheek. God bless him.
Bugger you Billy, why did I not get a peck on the cheek
Off Billy or H?
He only ever had good things to say about you Syd - he never forgot how good you were to him when Janie died - it's why I could never understand why he was so antagonistic towards you on here - among others. Arguing about it was about the nearest we got to falling out
But that was Billy for you - a mass of contradictions.
As we're going with Billy talk, really f*cking miss the little skinny bony arsed fu**er
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 6:33 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:A typical Billy memory. I thin k everyone knows that Billy and I fought like cat and dog falling out on a weekly basis. With that in mind you could be forgiven for thin king we hated each other and could never meet but, the last time I met Billy was at the Roker hotel, we had a few drinks together with Jerry, Nick, H and Mr H.

When we all left I got the biggest of hugs from Billy, said before, easy to fall out with but hard to dislike, wish I could hug the bugger now.
Yes I remember that well. He gave me a big hug too and a peck on the cheek. God bless him.
Off Billy or H?  both
He only ever had good things to say about you Syd - he never forgot how good you were to him when Janie died - it's why I could never understand why he was so antagonistic towards you on here - among others. Arguing about it was about the nearest we got to falling out
As we're going with Billy talk, really f*cking miss the little skinny bony arsed fu**er

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 6:34 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

Off Billy or H?  both
As I have said a few times Billy was very easy to argue wit but impossible to fall out with

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-07-12, 6:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the original idea not to meet up for a pint so that we can raise a glass to our Billy ?

I've been donating to 'Help for Heroes' for years so I'm not against the idea, but that's not what I thought when Les suggested a celebration of Billy's life [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My thinking when I made the suggestion to Syd was to create a permanent memory of Billy which is still strong in my head and heart. The page in Help the Heroes is, I think, a great idea. However, your thought of raising a collective glass to Billy before a home game early in the coming season would be a fitting celebration and tribute to a friend that we all will miss. 

One thought that I have had is to ask the club is we could have a brick with Billy's name on it put in the wall of the SOL. It's a long shot but the new owners may be prepared to allow it. 

My reason for suggesting this is that a very close friend of mine died just before Christmas 2017 and he has a brick in the wall of the East Stand. AS we passed it before every home game he gave it a rub for good luck, sadly these past few seasons have been somewhat barren in terms of luck and the habit of winning.  Since Michael died I have continued to give the brick a little rub as I pass it, still no joy but I will continue just as long as I continue to go to the home games.
Again two good ideas, a drink and a brick and in true Billy style we could maybe have a few drinks then his someone we dont like with the brick. Sorry, could not resist.
Well I counted 3 great ideas there. 
Love the idea of the brick - we can blame Billy  when we get beat and write rude comments on it
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 6:37 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
lesmac wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the original idea not to meet up for a pint so that we can raise a glass to our Billy ?

I've been donating to 'Help for Heroes' for years so I'm not against the idea, but that's not what I thought when Les suggested a celebration of Billy's life [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My thinking when I made the suggestion to Syd was to create a permanent memory of Billy which is still strong in my head and heart. The page in Help the Heroes is, I think, a great idea. However, your thought of raising a collective glass to Billy before a home game early in the coming season would be a fitting celebration and tribute to a friend that we all will miss. 

One thought that I have had is to ask the club is we could have a brick with Billy's name on it put in the wall of the SOL. It's a long shot but the new owners may be prepared to allow it. 

My reason for suggesting this is that a very close friend of mine died just before Christmas 2017 and he has a brick in the wall of the East Stand. AS we passed it before every home game he gave it a rub for good luck, sadly these past few seasons have been somewhat barren in terms of luck and the habit of winning.  Since Michael died I have continued to give the brick a little rub as I pass it, still no joy but I will continue just as long as I continue to go to the home games.
Again two good ideas, a drink and a brick and in true Billy style we could maybe have a few drinks then his someone we dont like with the brick. Sorry, could not resist.
Well I counted 3 great ideas there. 
Love the idea of the brick - we can blame Billy  when we get beat and write rude comments on it
f*cking shit will do

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-12, 7:38 pm

I will put an appearance in.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down