SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Almost at screaming point yesterday
Today at 12:06 am by MrRAWhite

» Just spent £10.00
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by MrRAWhite

» Kacper Przybylko DEPARTS
Yesterday at 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Bad night for the u23 lads
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Silvers

» Juan Satori Sunday
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by gil t azell

» A nice Canary pink
Yesterday at 9:03 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Midweek 03
Yesterday at 9:00 pm by lesmac

» Predictions Week 04
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by lesmac

» League Table Week 03
Yesterday at 7:59 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 03
Yesterday at 7:57 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

The Billy D memorial thread

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: The Billy D memorial thread

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-07-11, 9:55 pm

From this distance I have to use a bit of imagination when reading between the lines of posts, and Billy's always conjured visions along the lines of Andy Capp sat at a computer with a fag in his gob and a glass by his side.  Some of his intimate posts about his anal area problem had me belly laughing and it reached a point where the Mrs would ask how he was doing or what he was up to.

A lovable rogue and for all his history he was "our Billy".

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-07-11, 10:22 pm

So so sad, only just seen this and so shocked!

A colourful forthright character, he will be missed on here. 

My condolences to his family.

RIP Billy
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-07-11, 10:25 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:With Billy's history in the Army, how about a just giving page in Billy's name to go to Help for Heroes?
now that is a good idea
I agree this would be perfect.
Agree
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-11, 10:36 pm

Nostalgic wrote:From this distance I have to use a bit of imagination when reading between the lines of posts, and Billy's always conjured visions along the lines of Andy Capp sat at a computer with a fag in his gob and a glass by his side.  Some of his intimate posts about his anal area problem had me belly laughing and it reached a point where the Mrs would ask how he was doing or what he was up to.

A lovable rogue and for all his history he was "our Billy".

The most eloquent term I have ever heard regarding Billy.  Very Happy

He was an argumentative brute but a man who had his beliefs and stood up for them. I admired him for that and as stated he was our Billy and will be sadly missed.

I am more than happy to donate if it's a just giving page. Likewise if its something else I will contribute in any way I can.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 8:45 am

Can I suggest that with Billy's passing still a shock to us all and so recent we keep this thread open, hopefully with more comments and views until after the funeral.

We can then make that final decision and if its a just giving page for help the heroes we can set it up. Just one word of caution, I am well aware that our membership ranges from the retired or working well off to the members who for whatever reason are finding finances a bit tough right now. Any just giving page would not be a lets make some people feel crap page, we know that that is the last thing Billy would want. So a donation of one pound given anonymously would be valued the same as a fifty pound donation, in fact probably more.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-07-12, 8:53 am

cyprussyd wrote:Can I suggest that with Billy's passing still a shock to us all and so recent we keep this thread open, hopefully with more comments and views until after the funeral.

We can then make that final decision and if its a just giving page for help the heroes we can set it up. Just one word of caution, I am well aware that our membership ranges from the retired or working well off to the members who for whatever reason are finding finances a bit tough right now. Any just giving page would not be a lets make some people feel crap page, we know that that is the last thing Billy would want. So a donation of one pound given anonymously would be valued the same as a fifty pound donation, in fact probably more.

Well said Syd, absolutely spot on.  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-07-12, 8:56 am

Also can I say that I'm sorry to miss the funeral  my time is controlled by hospital treatment at present but be sure I'll be there in spirit   like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-07-12, 10:08 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the original idea not to meet up for a pint so that we can raise a glass to our Billy ?

I've been donating to 'Help for Heroes' for years so I'm not against the idea, but that's not what I thought when Les suggested a celebration of Billy's life [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Reiver on 2018-07-12, 10:29 am

Not been on here for a while but felt the need to visit following this news.

I might be one of the few who never fell out with him and I always looked out for his posts as quite honestly you never knew what was coming next.

A true original.

RIP Billy
Reiver
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-07-12, 10:41 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the original idea not to meet up for a pint so that we can raise a glass to our Billy ?

I've been donating to 'Help for Heroes' for years so I'm not against the idea, but that's not what I thought when Les suggested a celebration of Billy's life [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My thinking when I made the suggestion to Syd was to create a permanent memory of Billy which is still strong in my head and heart. The page in Help the Heroes is, I think, a great idea. However, your thought of raising a collective glass to Billy before a home game early in the coming season would be a fitting celebration and tribute to a friend that we all will miss. 

One thought that I have had is to ask the club is we could have a brick with Billy's name on it put in the wall of the SOL. It's a long shot but the new owners may be prepared to allow it. 

My reason for suggesting this is that a very close friend of mine died just before Christmas 2017 and he has a brick in the wall of the East Stand. AS we passed it before every home game he gave it a rub for good luck, sadly these past few seasons have been somewhat barren in terms of luck and the habit of winning.  Since Michael died I have continued to give the brick a little rub as I pass it, still no joy but I will continue just as long as I continue to go to the home games.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-07-12, 10:43 am

Reiver wrote:Not been on here for a while but felt the need to visit following this news.

I might be one of the few who never fell out with him and I always looked out for his posts as quite honestly you never knew what was coming next.

A true original.

RIP Billy

like like like like like like
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 11:00 am

lesmac wrote:
Gordon Armstrong wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the original idea not to meet up for a pint so that we can raise a glass to our Billy ?

My thinking when I made the suggestion to Syd was to create a permanent memory of Billy which is still strong in my head and heart. The page in Help the Heroes is, I think, a great idea. However, your thought of raising a collective glass to Billy before a home game early in the coming season would be a fitting celebration and tribute to a friend that we all will miss. 

One thought that I have had is to ask the club is we could have a brick with Billy's name on it put in the wall of the SOL. It's a long shot but the new owners may be prepared to allow it. 

My reason for suggesting this is that a very close friend of mine died just before Christmas 2017 and he has a brick in the wall of the East Stand. AS we passed it before every home game he gave it a rub for good luck, sadly these past few seasons have been somewhat barren in terms of luck and the habit of winning.  Since Michael died I have continued to give the brick a little rub as I pass it, still no joy but I will continue just as long as I continue to go to the home games.
Again two good ideas, a drink and a brick and in true Billy style we could maybe have a few drinks then his someone we dont like with the brick. Sorry, could not resist.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-12, 11:04 am

lesmac wrote:

I love both these ideas as wel as Help for Heroes donations.

I would certainly like to come to a home game and join in raising a glass to Billy. Sorry but first one I can make is September 1st vs Oxford.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 11:05 am

A typical Billy memory. I thin k everyone knows that Billy and I fought like cat and dog falling out on a weekly basis. With that in mind you could be forgiven for thin king we hated each other and could never meet but, the last time I met Billy was at the Roker hotel, we had a few drinks together with Jerry, Nick, H and Mr H.

When we all left I got the biggest of hugs from Billy, said before, easy to fall out with but hard to dislike, wish I could hug the bugger now.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-12, 11:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:A typical Billy memory. I thin k everyone knows that Billy and I fought like cat and dog falling out on a weekly basis. With that in mind you could be forgiven for thin king we hated each other and could never meet but, the last time I met Billy was at the Roker hotel, we had a few drinks together with Jerry, Nick, H and Mr H.

When we all left I got the biggest of hugs from Billy, said before, easy to fall out with but hard to dislike, wish I could hug the bugger now.
Yes I remember that well. He gave me a big hug too and a peck on the cheek. God bless him.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 11:10 am

Then can I suggest,,

SEPTEMBER 1ST
COLLIERY TAVERN
1.30 ONWARDS
OUTSIDE SIDE DOOR, IN TENT
I DON'T DO LONG WALKS OR SPEED SO CANT DO ANY FURTHER FROM STADIUM AND CANT AFFORD IN STADIUM, WOULD NEED SECOND MORTGAGE

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-12, 11:12 am

cyprussyd wrote:Then can I suggest,,

SEPTEMBER 1ST
COLLIERY TAVERN
1.30 ONWARDS
I DON'T DO LONG WALKS OR SPEED SO CANT DO ANY FURTHER FROM STADIUM AND CANT AFFORD IN STADIUM, WOULD NEED SECOND MORTGAGE
That would be fitting as that is where I first met Billy. See you there Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

The Billy D raise a glass meet up

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 11:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Today at 11:12 am

=aa89d073c14054c6a525b9ff52caf173&cvf[1]=a42350eddef8f66af7a85624359f878b&eval=plus&p_vote=183245]+

----

=19af3ae2f3d44dd3179e9d9a28566300&cvf[1]=c93a8cb1b321443a1d864cb1d20de3e2&eval=minus&p_vote=183245]-

cyprussyd wrote:Then can I suggest,,

SEPTEMBER 1ST

COLLIERY TAVERN

1.30 ONWARDS

That would be fitting as that is where I first met Billy. See you there

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-07-13, 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 11:17 am

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:A typical Billy memory. I thin k everyone knows that Billy and I fought like cat and dog falling out on a weekly basis. With that in mind you could be forgiven for thin king we hated each other and could never meet but, the last time I met Billy was at the Roker hotel, we had a few drinks together with Jerry, Nick, H and Mr H.

Yes I remember that well. He gave me a big hug too and a peck on the cheek. God bless him.
Bugger you Billy, why did I not get a peck on the cheek

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 11:19 am

For anyone still on not606 can you tell them they would be very welcome to join us

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-07-12, 2:04 pm

Is that a date, then (it looks like a threesome so far, as Billy would probably have said) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 2:08 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:Is that a date, then (it looks like a threesome so far, as Billy would probably have said) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well I hope H is in the middle and not me

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 2:11 pm

And Mr G Amstrong makes 3

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-07-12, 2:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:And Mr G Amstrong makes 3

I will get there if I can.. Not sure of shifts as yet..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 2:20 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:And Mr G Amstrong makes 3

I will get there if I can.. Not sure of shifts as yet..
Change ya shift ya f*cking tw*t, its talk like Billy day

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum