SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» FA Cup 1st round draw Monday.
Today at 8:51 pm by barrowmackem

»  Shrewsbury Town v Sunderland AFC
Today at 6:40 pm by Vincemac

» It's been a rollercoaster journey..
Today at 1:56 pm by Vincemac

» rape and death threats
Today at 11:53 am by cyprussyd

» Saturday is back
Today at 10:12 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 12
Today at 8:24 am by oldblackcat

» Results Week 9
Yesterday at 9:20 pm by Mackemneil

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 9:18 pm by Mackemneil

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 6:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» BBC are Tory donors
Yesterday at 5:30 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The Billy D memorial thread

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: The Billy D memorial thread

Post  cretanmakem on 2018-07-11, 8:59 am

One of the most colourful posters on here . Billy D , I didn't know you in person mate but felt like I did . Always around to cause a comment with language and points some loved others hated . You were open with your views on everything Sunderland  and some of your own troubled life , I admired you for that honesty . 
I definitely woulda argued the toss with you over a pint . My thoughts go out to your mum and family , you will be a sorely missed lad . R.I.P Billy D .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-07-11, 9:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
RIP Billy lad, you certainly didn't hold back that's for sure. 51 is no age is it. Not my favourite poster but you certainly livened up a quiet forum.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-07-11, 10:00 am

Like a number on here, only knew him through his posts. Some used to have me in hysterics, some used to anger me. I just wish he'd get off the fence now and again Smile .
He'll be missed on here. RIP.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 10:05 am

I keep expecting Billy to post, It was just a f*cking joke ya thick bastards but, sadly not to be.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-11, 10:19 am

Well I am shocked and so, so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, especially his Mum and Niall.

God bless you Billy D, you honestly will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2018-07-11, 10:19 am

Billy and I had a couple of 'confrontations - both on here and the old 606 - and even though I never met him I know he was a colourful character with a choice vocabulary which could often offend.

But that was Billy and you had to accept he would never change.

I'm sorry to hear of his passing at such a young age and I know he will be sorely missed on this forum.

RIP Billy and I pray that someone will be around to look after your family.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 10:39 am

Found this from an early meet up at the colliery tavern.

Left to right..Jerry,me, lesmack and yes, Billy

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-11, 10:48 am

cyprussyd wrote:Found this from an early meet up at the colliery tavern.

Left to right..Jerry,me, lesmack and yes, Billy

Pretty sure that was the first day I met you all. So sad. I can hardly believe it.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Baxtersleftfoot on 2018-07-11, 11:23 am

Like everyone on here, i am stunned with this shocking news. RIP Dave, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and your friends.

First team squad
First team squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-07-11, 11:51 am

We are all naturally very shocked about this, and words are difficult when they won't come out.

Billy never had a problem with getting words out, although he did sometimes have problems engaging first [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and he will definitely be missed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Like him or not, he was 'one of our own' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

R.I.P. Billy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Gordon Armstrong
Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 12:15 pm

Gordon Armstrong wrote:We are all naturally very shocked about this, and words are difficult when they won't come out.

Billy never had a problem with getting words out, although he did sometimes have problems engaging first [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and he will definitely be missed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Like him or not, he was 'one of our own' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

R.I.P. Billy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
He was IMO very easy to fall out with but very hard not to like, we fought like cat and dog but never disliked each other and by was that frustrating.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-07-11, 12:16 pm

Although Billy wasn't in the best of health - epilepsy and a brain haemorrhage had taken it's toll, along with the gut rot cider and the tabs - the news of his death was a complete shock, and cause is still to be determined
To put some minds at rest, although Niall chose to live with his dad and gran, his mam and sisters only live over the road to them, so he'll be well taken care of. Billy's sister will also make sure their mam is as well.

Circumstances meant we didn't see as much of each other as we used to, but were in touch daily via email - and yes I know what a pair of dinasours that makes us.
This morning was the first time in years I didn't have an email from him in my inbox
The realisation that I never will again is just a bit much to take in atm
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 12:23 pm

Jerry the Jinx wrote:Although Billy wasn't in the best of health - epilepsy and a brain haemorrhage had taken it's toll, along with the gut rot cider and the tabs - the news of his death was a complete shock, and cause is still to be determined
To put some minds at rest, although Niall chose to live with his dad and gran, his mam and sisters only live over the road to them, so he'll be well taken care of. Billy's sister will also make sure their mam is as well.

Circumstances meant we didn't see as much of each other as we used to, but were in touch daily via email - and yes I know what a pair of dinasours that makes us.
This morning was the first time in years I didn't have an email from him in my inbox
Well that turned the tears on, lots and lots of love xx

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-07-11, 12:34 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Jerry the Jinx wrote:Although Billy wasn't in the best of health - epilepsy and a brain haemorrhage had taken it's toll, along with the gut rot cider and the tabs - the news of his death was a complete shock, and cause is still to be determined

Well that turned the tears on, lots and lots of love xx

From me too xxxx

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-07-11, 3:39 pm

I am glad you posted that picture, Billy is now a person and not just a name. So sad i thought of him last thing last night and then again this morning.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sad News

Post  fulwellend47 on 2018-07-11, 4:59 pm

Absolutely shocked! Couldn't really believe the sad news. To say that we didn't always see eye to eye is putting it mildly! Before I looked at the author of his many posts it was obvious who had written it as he was instantly recognisable, and was his own person.
For those who were close to him and those who knew him well I'm really sorry for your loss!
And for all of the Forum he will be missed by us all. RIP
fulwellend47
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  SAFC_ScattyMOO on 2018-07-11, 6:32 pm

>;It’s a long time since I have been on this forum but felt I had to offer my condolences after hearing the news that Billy had passed away.  

RIP Billy hope you find eternal peace.

Carol
SAFC_ScattyMOO
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 6:39 pm

SAFC_ScattyMOO wrote:>;It’s a long time since I have been on this forum but felt I had to offer my condolences after hearing the news that Billy had passed away.  

RIP Billy hope you find eternal peace.

Carol
nice words scatty xx

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-11, 7:15 pm

I am in tears now and feel your sadness deeply.

Bily (Dave) and I crossed swords a few times on here, but he was always a complete gentleman when we actually met in person. He was part of the Sundermad family and I hope he knew I cared about him and worried about his health and the burden of his caring responsibilities.

Sleep now Dave, the traumatic experiences that damaged your physical and mental health are in the past and forgotten. I will remember a man I always knew was behind the anger and profanity; a sensitive and intelligent soul, who was dealt a poor hand in the game of life more than once, but who faced his demons head on and tried to be the best dad and son and friend he could be. My sincere condolences to all his family and those who were close to him. RIP
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT on 2018-07-11, 7:23 pm

Gutted to hear this always had a lot of time for Billy even though I never met the lad.
I know it’s a bit early but any funeral details would be appreciated.

TNT
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

What can we do to celebrate the memory of Billy

Post  lesmac on 2018-07-11, 7:59 pm

The news of the passing of Billy has devastated SunderMad. This morning after a lot of thinking I PM'd Syd to suggest that we as a forum did something to celebrate the memory of Billy. I had thought of some ways but Syd suggested that I make this post to ask the members for their thoughts. If you have any ideas please post them to this thread for Syd to look through them a perhaps come up with a suitable tribute to a man that we will all miss but never forget. 

Thank you all
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 8:01 pm

I think Jerry should take a look at any suggestions, she know Billy better than anyone

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2018-07-11, 8:37 pm

With Billy's history in the Army, how about a just giving page in Billy's name to go to Help for Heroes?

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 8:41 pm

canary-dave wrote:With Billy's history in the Army, how about a just giving page in Billy's name to go to Help for Heroes?
now that is a good idea

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-11, 9:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
canary-dave wrote:With Billy's history in the Army, how about a just giving page in Billy's name to go to Help for Heroes?
now that is a good idea
I agree this would be perfect.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum: