SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Forum Moderation
Today at 1:14 am by oxfordshire

» How many points?
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» ALS
Yesterday at 11:19 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Maja.... Brexit II leave or remain
Yesterday at 11:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table week 17
Yesterday at 10:52 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 17
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 16
Yesterday at 10:46 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Many happy returns to Mr Nostalgic
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» HELP
Yesterday at 10:41 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Boro v Sunderland--MATCH DAY THREAD

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Boro v Sunderland--MATCH DAY THREAD

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-22, 7:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Our last friendly before the season begins will be our toughest test, one we should be looking forward to and one that will give us our biggest clue to date on our starting 11.

But will we have new faces in?

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Boro v Sunderland--MATCH DAY THREAD

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-22, 8:25 pm

Just need to give a decent account of ourselves. We have never had a good record against Boro but at least we have a bunch of bairns in now who have pace and show no fear.

I think a draw as I cannot imagine either team going 100% at it.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-07-22, 9:04 pm

Don’t care too much about the result, but want to see our new style of play progressing. Even if we sign new players it will take a while to get them match fit and into the Ross way of playing.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-07-23, 9:11 am

In the last match we looked really fit and I was impressed at the way we played,if we can play the same against the Boro I'll be well pleased...hopefully we'll have a couple of additions to the team by then to give them time to fit into the way we are looking to play
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  LaySAFC on 2018-07-23, 12:58 pm

I agree with the above, the young lads seem to be fit and fearless!

We've previously been notoriously slow out of the blocks, so if we can pull that together with the young guns, things might finally be on the up.

I think this game will be a decent test for the start of the season, and hopefully both teams give it a fair go.

Does anyone know if the game will be on the website at all?
LaySAFC

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-25, 5:33 pm

Yesterday Ross was confident we would have new bodies in for this game.
Busy day tomorrow then  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-26, 5:28 am

I imagine we will see Sinclair introduced from the bench and the starting 11 will be interesting, a big clue to next Saturday.

Sinclair joining gives Ross his first big decision because our front line have been doing well so its hard to see ow he accommodates our new striker and the big question, will Cattermole start?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-26, 1:43 pm

I still reckon we need more 1st 11 players in...

The game against the  smoggies will be a good exhibition of what we still need
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-26, 8:05 pm

#SAFC will be backed by a sold-out away end at the Riverside on Friday night
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/live-sunderland-afc-news-transfer-latest-as-jack-ross-eyes-more-activity-following-striker-capture-1-9270154 …

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-26, 9:50 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 12:12 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 3:31 pm

Sunderland fans do it again with all of the 1000 tickets sold for tonight's game, well done each and every one of them.

MANAGERS VIEW
underland’s trip to Middlesbrough will represent a different kind of pre-season test, according to Jack Ross.
Under the Scot, the Black Cats have bossed the ball whenever they’ve taken to the field, with a 6-0 win over St Mirren last time out blending control with ruthless finishing.
The Lads’ preparations will end on Friday evening when they take on Boro, with a 90-minute run-out against Sky Bet Championship opposition allowing Ross to view a different side of his team.
And speaking to safc.com, he explained why that can only be a good thing ahead of the new campaign.
“As a manager, if you can see reflections on the pitch of what you’re asking players to do and working on, that’s all you can ask for.
“The response from the players on the training pitch has been brilliant, and they are so positive in what they do.”
He continued: “I’m so pleased for them that they are winning football matches again, as they need to develop that taste for it.
“We’re trying to drip-feed bits in and there’s loads of things we need to get better at, but Friday’s game will be a big test for us out of possession at times.
“That will be good for us because it allows us to work on things and see how that develops, it’s still a work-in-progress but it’s very encouraging nonetheless.”
PREVIEW
Sunderland are heading to the Riverside on Friday evening to face Middlesbrough in their final pre-season outing (KO 7.30pm).
The Lads have progressed throughout their preparations, with fitness-building friendlies against Darlington and Hartlepool United preceding a first win at Grimsby Town.
Last time out, Jack Ross’ men reached new heights as St Mirren were hit for six on the Sunderland manager’s return to the Paisley 2021 Stadium.
Lynden Gooch bagged a brace, as did Josh Maja, with the USA international taking his pre-season tally to three.
But there will be added competition on Friday, with Jerome Sinclair ready to make his Black Cats debut.
The striker, who has represented and scored for the Hornets and Liverpool at senior level, arrived on Wednesday evening, signing on a season-long loan.
And Glenn Loovens is also in line to make his debut.
The experienced central defender signed on the eve of the Lads’ trip to St Mirren and is ready for action after training with his new team-mates throughout the week.
Ross will once again be without Reece James and Aiden McGeady, though, as the duo battle to be fit for the start of the Sky Bet League One season.
Middlesbrough, meanwhile, have ramped up their preparations in the last week with competitive friendlies against Accrington Stanley and Rochdale.
Tony Pulis’ men opened their schedule with a defeat to Sturm Graz before overcoming Spennymoor Town and SV Sandhausen, with their trip to Germany ending in defeat to Augsburg.
Promotion contenders last season, Boro will without a doubt pose the biggest test so far for Ross’ side, but it will be a fitting challenge ahead of next weekend’s curtain-raiser against Charlton Athletic.
FOLLOW THE ACTION
Tickets are no longer available for Friday’s game and there will be no cash turnstiles at the Riverside Stadium.
BBC Radio Newcastle’s Nick Barnes will be broadcasting live right here on safc.com from 6.45pm.
As ever, there will be comprehensive coverage across our digital channels, including safc.com’s matchday blog and live updates on Twitter via @SunderlandAFC.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 6:28 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-07-27, 7:14 pm

Any radio links
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 7:17 pm

Vincemac wrote:Any radio links
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 7:30 pm

and we are off

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 7:41 pm

very close from Boro

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 7:52 pm

19' A blow for the Lads already, with McGeouch being forced off. Ozturk has come on in his place as Flanagan moves into midfield. As for the action, very little has happened apart from Adama striking the bar after a mazy run off the left flank.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 7:54 pm

From a #Boro perspective, Traore has been struggling with a shoulder injury for quite a while now - and he's going off. He hurt himself falling awkwardly, tried to carry on, but then went down in obvious pain a few moments later. 0-0
[size=12]0 replies .0 retweets0 likes
[size=1]Reply

Retweet

Direct message[/size][/size]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 7:57 pm

Playing well again

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 7:58 pm

Flanagan heads wide from a low corner. He's having a great game here.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2018-07-27, 8:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Vincemac wrote:Any radio links
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cheers Syd
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 8:02 pm

McLaughlin releases Gooch with a brilliant pass on the counter. He takes it into the box and his shot is saved by Randolph.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 8:10 pm

Genuinely different team compared to the Darlo game. The progression over pre-season is astounding. Defensively so, so solid.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-27, 8:15 pm

sunderland fans singing in the rain

Atomic kitten

Looking back to when we first met,
I cannot escape and I cannot forget,
Jack Ross your the one,
You still turn me on,
Sunderland going back up again.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum