SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Shipyards by The Lake Poets
Today at 3:54 am by canary-dave

» Its hard to blame the child
Today at 2:42 am by cyprussyd

» Boxing day in the box
Today at 1:04 am by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v Bristol Rovers
Today at 12:44 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland Til I Die
Today at 12:41 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Happy Christmas
Yesterday at 7:41 pm by Kipper

» Predictions Week 18
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Weekend Weather.
Yesterday at 10:00 am by cyprussyd

» From the Don
Yesterday at 8:58 am by sunderpitt

» Need Help in Identifying Some Sunderland AFC Autograph's on a shirt
2018-12-14, 2:40 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Almost There

Go down

Almost There

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-22, 4:00 am

Our squad is looking very different to the one that has managed to get us relegated twice and the body language in the last few games has been visibly different, we are I would say 4 maybe 5 players out and 4 in to a good first division team who can compete.

We won't see Oviedo, Pappy, N'Dong or Kone in a Sunderland shirt again but I have no idea about Cattermole. 
Cattermole is a very different person IMO to the player we have seen over the past few years. He strutted about like the man in charge, the man who must be listened too and that has been the problem. He now looks like a man who knows those days are gone, a new manager and owner with new players have taken away his dominance, of course this is all speculation, just an opinion.

His problem and the clubs problem is who will pay him his present high wages, even if we give him away. Personally I think he can still be an asset to us and it was good to see him applauded off at St Mirren but with a fit Robson and Embleton and probable addition of George Evans he must know that his first team opportunities will be limited.

Yesterdays team plus the additions of Robson, Embleton, James, McGready, Loovens and Watmore will give us a decent squad. Add in Evans one more centre back and one or hopefully two strikers and we will be there.

I have a gut feeling that the strikers will not be the ones we have said to be after, Wyke is taking to long and is now injured and I'm not sure McCormack is keen, more likely a Loovens out of the blue pair, who, not a clue but they are out there so hopefully Ross has identified them and we are on it.

The outs could well go to the last few days, the inns will hopefully be over the next 7 days.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Almost There

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-22, 8:58 am

Indeed the Catts conundrum.. in seasons gone you would have expected him to dominate the defensive midfield and lead the team vocally and by example. However a few too many injuries and drinks and he is not the player now of yesterday.

Plus because of the Roswell saga.. there is not very much patience with anyone who is highly paid and not perfoming.

If nobody is interested in him cos of his poor performances and high wages.. it might be very difficult to move him on. May be he remains part of the squad for a while?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum