SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
Yesterday at 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Spain v England
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 4:33 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 4:28 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 4:23 pm by Silvers

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Mid week 9
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Settle down now.
2018-10-14, 7:45 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Glenn Loovens.

Go down

Glenn Loovens.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 12:07 pm

Sunderland are close to sealing a deal for former Sheffield Wednesday defender Glenn Loovens. 

The 34-year-old is available on a free transfer after his deal at Hillsborough came to an end. Former Sheffield Wednesday defender Glenn Loovens Loovens is expected on Wearside for a medical in the coming days after returning from holiday. He will add some experience and physicality to Sunderland's defence, with Jack Ross currently limited in his options. 

Alim Ozturk and Tom Flanagan are the only recognised central defenders in his squad, with Lamine Kone not involved as he pushes for a move away from the Black Cats. Sunderland are expected to pursue at least one more option in defence before the window closes early next month. Loovens made 23 appearances for Sheffield Wednesday last season.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Glenn Loovens.

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 12:21 pm

Sunderland are leading the race to sign Rangers midfielder Greg Docherty on loan from Rangers.
The 21-year-old midfielder has plenty of interest in his services after being told by Steven Gerrard to go out and get regular first team football next season.
An all-action combative midfielder, with an eye for a killer pass, Jack Ross is said to be leading the race to temporarily sign the ex-Hamilton star, according to the Scottish Sun.
Sunderland are closing in on George Evans from Reading, but the Docherty deal would add another option in the centre of midfield, with the club open to selling top earner Lee Cattermole this summer.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 12:25 pm

George Evans’ move is expected to be complete ‘within days’, according to reports.
Sunderland have had a bid accepted for the midfielder from Reading, believed to be in the region of £700k.
The midfielder now needs to discuss personal terms and pass a medical when he arrives on Wearside from Reading’s training camp in Austria.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 12:25 pm

According to BBC South’s Portsmouth commentator, Mo Eisa would prefer a move to Pompy over Sunderland or Peterborough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Andrew Moon@mrandrewmoon

[ltr]A source in Gloucester has confirmed to me that Mo Eisa would prefer a move to #Pompey over Peterborough or Sunderland[/ltr]
7:46 PM - Jul 19, 2018

•  2929 Replies

•  5959 Retweets

•  188188 likes

[ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy

[/ltr]

However, a number of factors may change this. Pompy, of course, would have to match Sunderland’s bid for the striker - should Sunderland, as expected, up their initial offer.
The of course, Sunderland will invite the youngster to Wearside where they’re likely to be able to offer him a better financial package than Portsmouth, and also have far better facilities too. Could that change Eisa’s mind? Time will tell.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 7:30 pm

Sunderland AFC have completed the signing of experienced defender Glenn Loovens.
The Dutchman has signed on a free transfer after leaving Sheffield Wednesday following the end of the 2017-18 season, signing a two-year deal at the Stadium of Light.
Jack Ross’ seventh summer signing, Loovens joins Tom Flanagan, Chris Maguire, Jon McLaughlin, Alim Ozturk, Reece James and Dylan McGeouch on Wearside.
The 34-year-old started his career with Feyenoord, progressing through the ranks alongside the likes of Robin van Persie before breaking into the first team in 2001.
After loan spells with Excelsior and De Graafschap, his first taste of English football came in 2005 when he joined Cardiff City on loan ahead the 2005-06 season.
One year later he signed a permanent deal with the Bluebirds and he went on to make over 100 appearances for the Welsh side, while also playing a key role in their memorable run to the 2008 FA Cup final.
Loovens spent four seasons at Celtic between 2008 and 2012, winning the Scottish Premier League, the Scottish Cup and the Scottish League Cup during his time north of the border.
After a spell with Real Zaragoza he returned to England in 2013, signing for Sheffield Wednesday where he would go on to make 150 appearances and become club captain.
The Dutchman has also represented his country at senior level, earning two caps.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Teessidemakem on 2018-07-21, 12:54 am

Im buzzing about Loovens. Hes a big strong lump with bags of experience playing against big strong strikers. He ticks every box for us . He gets his fair share of goals aswell at set pieces
Teessidemakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 7:32 am

Teessidemakem wrote:Im buzzing about Loovens. Hes a big strong lump with bags of experience playing against big strong strikers. He ticks every box for us . He gets his fair share of goals aswell at set pieces
Yes I am with you tees and reading social media especially twitter makes my heart sink, he is slow, old and free so is another waste of space is a common thread.

I wonder how long it will be before some of our fans realise we are a first division team and are building a squad for that division. Read Sheffield Weds fans reaction and its far from damming.

Loovens signing came from the blue and was completed quickly and Like you I think he will be a top centre back in the first division.

Now lets hope we het two strikers in and in any division good strikers are the hardest to get over the line.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 7:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-07-21, 7:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Teessidemakem wrote:Im buzzing about Loovens. Hes a big strong lump with bags of experience playing against big strong strikers. He ticks every box for us . He gets his fair share of goals aswell at set pieces
Yes I am with you tees and reading social media especially twitter makes my heart sink, he is slow, old and free so is another waste of space is a common thread.

I wonder how long it will be before some of our fans realise we are a first division team and are building a squad for that division. Read Sheffield Weds fans reaction and its far from damming.

Loovens signing came from the blue and was completed quickly and Like you I think he will be a top centre back in the first division.

Now lets hope we het two strikers in and in any division good strikers are the hardest to get over the line.
Top tip - avoid social media.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-21, 8:08 am

Just need him to score now and the SoL can erupt with the old Grease number "Summer Loovens had me a blast".

Last edited by gil t azell on 2018-07-21, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 8:14 am

gil t azell wrote:Just need him to score now and the SoL can erupt with the old Grease number "Summer Loovens had me a blast".

Sorry I'll get my coat.
What are you doing up at this time of day?

Silly me, you will be just getting home.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 5:40 pm

Sunderland manager Jack Ross expects new signing Glenn Loovensto play a big role on and off the pitch at the Stadium of Light.
The 34-year-old signed a two-year deal with the League One club on Friday after leaving Sheffield Wednesday at the end of last season.
“We have quite a young squad so we need players with leadership qualities and experience. Glenn has all of that in abundance," Ross told the club website.
“He’ll be good for our dressing room. He was very popular at Sheffield Wednesday and people speak very highly of him, and his playing pedigree obviously speaks for itself. He’s a strong character and those qualities – in the dressing room and on the pitch – will be helpful for us this year.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum