SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» BREXIT
Today at 10:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions New Years Day
Today at 8:37 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Boxing Day
Today at 8:33 pm by Silvers

» Moaniho sacked
Today at 8:33 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 21
Today at 8:31 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 20
Today at 8:29 pm by Silvers

» Results Week 18
Today at 8:29 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 19
Today at 8:27 pm by Silvers

» OK, call me an old softy
Today at 7:11 pm by gil t azell

» Scatty Moo is very old
Today at 6:45 pm by Nostalgic

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 8:38 am

ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND
Sat 21st July
KO 15.00
St Mirren Park
Full commentary from around 14.50 on SAFC.COM

Tickets for Sunderland’s clash with St Mirren will be available on the day of the game.
On Saturday, the Lads’ penultimate pre-season outing will see Jack Ross return to his former club, as preparations ramp up ahead of the 2018-19 campaign.
Tickets will be on sale via the Stadium of Light ticket office until 3pm on Thursday [19 July], after which point supporters wishing to purchase in advance can do so via St Mirren by calling 0141 889 2558.
Alternatively, tickets can be purchased directly from the ticket office from 10am on Saturday, subject to availability.
Tickets are priced at £12 for adults and £6 for over-65s, under-18s and full-time students with a valid ID.

It's expected that at least 2 trialists will play a part in this game along with returning players including the marmite man Cattermole who is now our top earner.
Interest here on SunderMad has been limited to put it very mildly but I know many are making their way to Scotland for this game so a safe journey to all.
I will continue with updates during the game for anyone who may be interested.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ST MIRREN V SUNDERLAND - Pre Season Friendly

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-20, 9:04 am

I suspect if Catts wins MoM all will be forgiven... otherwise  Wink
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 11:07 am

sunderpitt wrote:I suspect if Catts wins MoM all will be forgiven... otherwise  Wink
My view on Cattermole is a simple one, he gives his all, 100% and we can ask no more. Is he past his best, probably, would he be in my starting 11, probably not but age catches up with us all but attitude is vital.

I suspect he will be with us for some time, who will give ana ging player the contract he is on here at Sunderland?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-07-20, 11:38 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I suspect if Catts wins MoM all will be forgiven... otherwise  Wink
My view on Cattermole is a simple one, he gives his all, 100% and we can ask no more. Is he past his best, probably, would he be in my starting 11, probably not but age catches up with us all but attitude is vital.

I suspect he will be with us for some time, who will give ana ging player the contract he is on here at Sunderland?

My view on Catts is a simple one - he's rubbish. Get rid.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-20, 11:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:

I may have read something along the lines that his contract  is until 2021.. agent M Byrne

If Catts can find his old form and a bit of speed he will be an asset... if not he is going to be an expensive item in the wage bill.

Cannot see atm any club bidding for him. If he can impress between now and Jan? Perhaps a bid could be forthcoming
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 11:52 am

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

And therein lies the problem, if he is rubbish he is rubbish on around 60k a week so who do we get rid of him to?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-07-20, 1:16 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

And therein lies the problem, if he is rubbish he is rubbish on around 60k a week so who do we get rid of him to?

I'm afraid I'm unable to answer that but in all honesty I'd rather pay him off than have him around the team. That unfortunately would cost a bit too much if he has got a contract until 2021. It's all a bit tricky.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 1:45 pm

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I'm afraid I'm unable to answer that but in all honesty I'd rather pay him off than have him around the team. That unfortunately would cost a bit too much if he has got a contract until 2021. It's all a bit tricky.
However Donald did say in his podcast that they are working on a resolution, maybe loan him out with us paying some of his wage.

We now have a number of players who like his position and more rumoured to come so it could well suit Catts, at his age he can't afford to be playing reserve football or at best on the bench.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-07-20, 4:58 pm

If I  can recognise any of our players in the match  v st mirren I'll let you know how they got on....travelling there with my son tomorrow Smile
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-20, 5:13 pm

oldblackcat wrote:If I  can recognise any of our players in the match  v st mirren I'll let you know how they got on....travelling there with my son tomorrow Smile
I hope Catts gets a game just so you know one, have a great day and if we lose, well we have your name for twitter

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-20, 8:10 pm

Had a hearty chuckle re: marmite man. Nice 1 Syd.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 1:45 pm

The boys have arrived

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 1:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 3:16 pm

0-0 after opening 15 mins with the Sunderland defence under a fair bit of pressure so getting a good workout and standing firm so far.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 3:27 pm

Sunderland goal Maja

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 3:40 pm

2-0 from the spot Goooooooch

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 3:50 pm

HT 0-2 Maja and Gooch pen

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-21, 3:58 pm

It's good that Maja got off the mark
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 4:04 pm

second half away

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 4:08 pm

Well looks like the day on twitter for me

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 4:15 pm

3-0 gooch, I can only assume everyone is in Scotland enjoying the game

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 4:29 pm

McLaughlin with a great save

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 4:29 pm

4-0 Maja

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-21, 4:32 pm

sub, Cattermole off to applause, on comes Mumba

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2018-07-21, 4:35 pm

Just so you know you're not talking to yourself
5-0 Homeyman
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen