SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 1:54 pm by Silvers

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 12:55 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» NETFLIX
Today at 11:30 am by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 8:42 am by oldblackcat

» Oh dear
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 106
Yesterday at 11:40 pm by Hieronymus

» Bloody Spanish people in Benidorm
Yesterday at 10:27 pm by MrRAWhite

» The battle of head and heart
Yesterday at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Yesterday at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd


Massive, massive, massive

Go down

Massive, massive, massive

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-17, 8:51 am

With the club moving on from the relatively easy signings of out of contract freebies all good business IMO to boost up squad numbers, we now move onto the signings that could make a big difference.

Bids are in for three players with a midfielder and two strikers who look good and Billy Sharps name is being mentioned more and more. With a couple of centre backs to add to the mix the next 10 days could well transform our squad and add the fire power and quality that could give us all that exciting successful season we all crave.

I'm not sure how we will all react to a successful season, many will need counseling and gill may be driven to drink, again. Can anyone remember the last time we all enjoyed a successful season? Success has been winning our last two games to ensure survival, not exactly a season.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46466
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  Gordon Armstrong on 2018-07-17, 9:55 am

cyprussyd wrote:With the club moving on from the relatively easy signings of out of contract freebies all good business IMO to boost up squad numbers, we now move onto the signings that could make a big difference.

Bids are in for three players with a midfielder and two strikers who look good and Billy Sharps name is being mentioned more and more. With a couple of centre backs to add to the mix the next 10 days could well transform our squad and add the fire power and quality that could give us all that exciting successful season we all crave.

I'm not sure how we will all react to a successful season, many will need counseling and gill may be driven to drink, again. Can anyone remember the last time we all enjoyed a successful season? Success has been winning our last two games to ensure survival, not exactly a season.


I think that I can, sir [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



My memory's not my strong point, but . . . . we won the cup, didn't we Very Happy
avatar
Gordon Armstrong
VIP
VIP

Posts : 147
Join date : 2016-01-21
Location : South Shields, Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-17, 10:04 am

Gordon Armstrong wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:With the club moving on from the relatively easy signings of out of contract freebies all good business IMO to boost up squad numbers, we now move onto the signings that could make a big difference.

Bids are in for three players with a midfielder and two strikers who look good and Billy Sharps name is being mentioned more and more. With a couple of centre backs to add to the mix the next 10 days could well transform our squad and add the fire power and quality that could give us all that exciting successful season we all crave.

I'm not sure how we will all react to a successful season, many will need counseling and gill may be driven to drink, again. Can anyone remember the last time we all enjoyed a successful season? Success has been winning our last two games to ensure survival, not exactly a season.


I think that I can, sir [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



My memory's not my strong point, but . . . . we won the cup, didn't we Very Happy
us younger ones cant remember that far back

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46466
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-17, 11:07 am

I agree the group of players we need to bring in next will make or break our season.

My expectation is that some good quality CBs, Strikers and Mids will walk through the portals of Sol  please please

As the wage expensive players leave (Is the pressure on Catts now) we can take on some canny players on good wages that should transform our prospects for the season... Very Happy
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7081
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-17, 11:35 am

sunderpitt wrote:I agree the group of players we need to bring in next will make or break our season.

My expectation is that some good quality CBs, Strikers and Mids will walk through the portals of Sol  please please

As the wage expensive players leave (Is the pressure on Catts now) we can take on some canny players on good wages that should transform our prospects for the season... Very Happy
The players we have bids in for look like what is needed, fingers crossed we get them. Add in the two CB's and we are in with a chance, BTW the lad from Cheltenham looks a step up from Asoro to me.

If Catts stays I suspect he will have a fight on for first team regular but will anyone want him,doudfull IMO we may well be stuck with him and Pappy.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46466
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-17, 12:39 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I agree the group of players we need to bring in next will make or break our season.

My expectation is that some good quality CBs, Strikers and Mids will walk through the portals of Sol  please please

As the wage expensive players leave (Is the pressure on Catts now) we can take on some canny players on good wages that should transform our prospects for the season... Very Happy
The players we have bids in for look like what is needed, fingers crossed we get them. Add in the two CB's and we are in with a chance, BTW the lad from Cheltenham looks a step up from Asoro to me.

If Catts stays I suspect he will have a fight on for first team regular but will anyone want him,doudfull IMO we may well be stuck with him and Pappy.

I may have read somewhere... the Don reckons no interest has been forthcoming for Catts and  Honeyman. Both IIRC have the same agent one Margaret...
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7081
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-17, 2:36 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I agree the group of players we need to bring in next will make or break our season.

My expectation is that some good quality CBs, Strikers and Mids will walk through the portals of Sol  please please

As the wage expensive players leave (Is the pressure on Catts now) we can take on some canny players on good wages that should transform our prospects for the season... Very Happy
The players we have bids in for look like what is needed, fingers crossed we get them. Add in the two CB's and we are in with a chance, BTW the lad from Cheltenham looks a step up from Asoro to me.

If Catts stays I suspect he will have a fight on for first team regular but will anyone want him,doudfull IMO we may well be stuck with him and Pappy.

I may have read somewhere... the Don reckons no interest has been forthcoming for Catts and  Honeyman. Both IIRC have the same agent one Margaret...
yes I read that, both may have expectations above ability. I like Honeyman b ut he needs to get his head sorted.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46466
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Mr William Sharp

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-17, 2:46 pm

Sunderland are sat waiting in the wings to hear the outcome of Billy Sharp’s meeting with Sheffield United yesterday, in which the proven League One scorer met with his club in order to discuss his future with them.
Whilst the 32-year old is something of a hero at Bramall Lane, he played only 20 times last season in the Championship - scoring 8 goals - due to the tremendous form of Leon Clarke.
And whilst they’d like to hold on to him, he isn’t getting any younger. The prospect of one last big move to a club the size of Sunderland appeals to him, and it’s thought that Sharp is very keen on a move to Wearside.
The one perceived stumbling block could be his huge wages, but it’s our understanding that Sunderland would be prepared to push the boat out a little more in order to secure the signing of what would be without a doubt the top marksman in League One next season.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Sharp, as Sheffield United captain, won the League One title in 2017. Photo by Warren Little/Getty Images[/size]
In each of his last two seasons (2015-16 & 2016-17) as a third-tier player, Sharp scored 51 goals in 90 games for the Blades, firing them to promotion last year under the clever management of Chris Wilder.
As we’ve already reported, Sunderland have lodged bids for Charlie Wyke and Mohamed Eisa, and the hope is that with a formidable attacking trio of the aforementioned pair and Sharp that Sunderland would have the firepower to get themselves back into the Championship at the first time of asking.
But time is not on our side, and the club know this.
Efforts have been stepped up in order to get one or two deals pushed through, and with the season starting in two-and-a-half weeks everyone is fully aware of just how important it is that we make signings, and fast.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46466
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-17, 5:03 pm

We understand that, this afternoon, a formal deal was agreed between Sunderland and the Royals in order to facilitate the transfer of the ex-Manchester City youth captain.
Now that all the formalities with Reading are out of the way, the 23-year-old is expected to leave Reading’s Austrian training camp in order to travel to Wearside to undergo a medical, with personal terms not thought to be an issue.
Evans had a successful campaign in 2016/17 where he was a mainstay in the side as Reading made were pipped by Huddersfield in the play-off final, but he found himself in and out of the side last season as his side struggled under both Jaap Stam and Paul Clement.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Evans hugs Vito Mannone, a former Sunderland favourite Photo by Charlie Crowhurst/Getty Images
Should Evans complete his move to Sunderland he will become Jack Ross’ seventh signing of the summer after the arrivals of Alim Ozturk, Jon McLaughlin, Chris Maguire, Tom Flanagan, Reece James and Dylan McGeouch.
That number may soon swell into double figures as the club are waiting to hear about bids that have been made for Charlie Wyke and Mohamed Eisa, whilst they retain a strong interest in Sheffield United veteran Billy Sharp.
If you want the lowdown on what to expect from Evans, we spoke to our friends at Reading fansite ‘The Tilehurst End’ - and you can read that HERE.


________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46466
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-17, 5:30 pm

cyprussyd wrote:With the club moving on from the relatively easy signings of out of contract freebies all good business IMO to boost up squad numbers, we now move onto the signings that could make a big difference.

Bids are in for three players with a midfielder and two strikers who look good and Billy Sharps name is being mentioned more and more. With a couple of centre backs to add to the mix the next 10 days could well transform our squad and add the fire power and quality that could give us all that exciting successful season we all crave.

I'm not sure how we will all react to a successful season, many will need counseling and gill may be driven to drink, again. Can anyone remember the last time we all enjoyed a successful season? Success has been winning our last two games to ensure survival, not exactly a season.

I expect to be top from the very first day of the season until the last. Unless we are then i may just have to keep vast quantities of bartenders employed.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5247
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-17, 8:28 pm

Charlie Wyke, subject of bids from Sunderland and Peterborough, limps off for Bradford in the eighth minute.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46466
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-07-17, 8:32 pm

Maybe a precaution so they can still sell him to us?
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2395
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Massive, massive, massive

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum