SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Results Week 11
Yesterday at 11:53 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Tour De France Trophy stolen
Yesterday at 10:04 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Spain v England
Yesterday at 9:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Pub Quiz
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Maja
Yesterday at 4:33 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 12
Yesterday at 4:28 pm by Silvers

» Predictions Week 12
Yesterday at 4:23 pm by Silvers

» League Table Week 11
Yesterday at 1:42 pm by Derro Jimmy

» Results Mid week 9
Yesterday at 12:20 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Settle down now.
2018-10-14, 7:45 pm by canary-dave

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Some are concerned,why?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-14, 8:29 pm

We have just finished our second pre season game with a new manager and mix of new players,old players and young players, none are match fit.

We have more players to come in, nothing like a settles side and have players getting to know each other.

The Boro game will be when we can start and judge so come on boys and girls, its pre season.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-07-15, 1:27 am

cyprussyd wrote:We have just finished our second pre season game with a new manager and mix of new players,old players and young players, none are match fit.

We have more players to come in, nothing like a settles side and have players getting to know each other.

The Boro game will be when we can start and judge so come on boys and girls, its pre season.
We are all aware of the purpose of pre-season friendlies Syd but the teams we turned out are the players that are available to start our season off.  Living in hope of more signings to raise the quality makes me a tad apprehensive for when the real thing starts.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4072
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 7:14 am

I guess my post is more to do with the melt down on social media than on SunderMad, lets be honest, the reaction on here is almost nil to most things Sunderland at the moment,

We have had a feel positive feel good factor since the change of ownership and we are two games into pre season. Yes we are only a few weeks away from the big kick off and we would all love to be seeing a settled winning team but we are not there yet by a long way and we all know that.

We also know that even without one more signing yesterdays starting 11 wont be the starting 11 for Charlton but Ross is having to use these games for lots of things. You say that everyone knows the purpose of pre season but some reactions I have seen would suggest that many dont.

Concern is fine, we will all have concern until we see a team competing at the top of the league but many reactions are far from concern IMO.

At the end of the day all supporters are free to give their honest reactions, mine will always try to be positive.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-15, 7:50 am

RTG have some posters who went to the game.. they are saying the supporters and some of the players were getting into a slanging match
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7265
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 7:58 am

sunderpitt wrote:RTG have some posters who went to the game.. they are saying the supporters and some of the players were getting into a slanging match
And that is not good and helps knowone whoever is to blame, players, supporters or both.

I honestly understand frustrations, concerns, worries we all have them and that's normal. I also understand how we are going into the unknown for many after two unbelievable bad seasons following some mediocre seasons, being a Sunderland fan is far from easy.

In many ways Donald has set himself up for a big fall, very positive and transparent has brought a feel good factor that in many ways has papered over the reality, raised expectations with many expecting exciting winning football from day one.

The reality of course is very different, a club in the middle of a complete rebuild with a mix of new players, old players who dont want to be here and kids who probably should be nowhere near the first team. A new manager stuck in the middle trying to juggle many plates and the new season three weeks away and three more games to get it right. I understand the panic, I really do but we are where we are and need to stick together not fight each other.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  vinkel on 2018-07-15, 8:15 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:RTG have some posters who went to the game.. they are saying the supporters and some of the players were getting into a slanging match
And that is not good and helps knowone whoever is to blame, players, supporters or both.

I honestly understand frustrations, concerns, worries we all have them and that's normal. I also understand how we are going into the unknown for many after two unbelievable bad seasons following some mediocre seasons, being a Sunderland fan is far from easy.

In many ways Donald has set himself up for a big fall, very positive and transparent has brought a feel good factor that in many ways has papered over the reality, raised expectations with many expecting exciting winning football from day one.

The reality of course is very different, a club in the middle of a complete rebuild with a mix of new players, old players who dont want to be here and kids who probably should be nowhere near the first team. A new manager stuck in the middle trying to juggle many plates and the new season three weeks away and three more games to get it right. I understand the panic, I really do but we are where we are and need to stick together not fight each other.
I am no way Sunderland's most travelled fan, though i have been to many away games. And imo a section of todays fans are a disgrace.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2487
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 10:01 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:RTG have some posters who went to the game.. they are saying the supporters and some of the players were getting into a slanging match
And that is not good and helps knowone whoever is to blame, players, supporters or both.

I honestly understand frustrations, concerns, worries we all have them and that's normal. I also understand how we are going into the unknown for many after two unbelievable bad seasons following some mediocre seasons, being a Sunderland fan is far from easy.

In many ways Donald has set himself up for a big fall, very positive and transparent has brought a feel good factor that in many ways has papered over the reality, raised expectations with many expecting exciting winning football from day one.

The reality of course is very different, a club in the middle of a complete rebuild with a mix of new players, old players who dont want to be here and kids who probably should be nowhere near the first team. A new manager stuck in the middle trying to juggle many plates and the new season three weeks away and three more games to get it right. I understand the panic, I really do but we are where we are and need to stick together not fight each other.
I am no way Sunderland's most travelled fan, though i have been to many away games. And imo a section of todays fans are a disgrace.
You were there yesterday Vinkle, was it really that bad?

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-15, 11:20 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:RTG have some posters who went to the game.. they are saying the supporters and some of the players were getting into a slanging match
And that is not good and helps knowone whoever is to blame, players, supporters or both.

I honestly understand frustrations, concerns, worries we all have them and that's normal. I also understand how we are going into the unknown for many after two unbelievable bad seasons following some mediocre seasons, being a Sunderland fan is far from easy.

In many ways Donald has set himself up for a big fall, very positive and transparent has brought a feel good factor that in many ways has papered over the reality, raised expectations with many expecting exciting winning football from day one.

The reality of course is very different, a club in the middle of a complete rebuild with a mix of new players, old players who dont want to be here and kids who probably should be nowhere near the first team. A new manager stuck in the middle trying to juggle many plates and the new season three weeks away and three more games to get it right. I understand the panic, I really do but we are where we are and need to stick together not fight each other.
I am no way Sunderland's most travelled fan, though i have been to many away games. And imo a section of todays fans are a disgrace.
You were there yesterday Vinkle, was it really that bad?
Hopefully a lot of sunshine and a lot of drink was the main cause of any trouble. Did that seem to be the case Vinkel?

Completely agree with your post Syd, as tragic events in the last few days and months have taught us - it is only a game and getting worked up over it and fighting about it is the road to ruin.

I am optimistic, but I do not think the future is beautiful football and a winning team from day one of the new season, or even pre-season.  It will be a hard slog but we all have to keep the faith and not fight each other when we have setbacks. That's one of life's lessons isn't it?
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9432
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  vinkel on 2018-07-15, 11:52 am

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:RTG have some posters who went to the game.. they are saying the supporters and some of the players were getting into a slanging match
And that is not good and helps knowone whoever is to blame, players, supporters or both.

I honestly understand frustrations, concerns, worries we all have them and that's normal. I also understand how we are going into the unknown for many after two unbelievable bad seasons following some mediocre seasons, being a Sunderland fan is far from easy.

In many ways Donald has set himself up for a big fall, very positive and transparent has brought a feel good factor that in many ways has papered over the reality, raised expectations with many expecting exciting winning football from day one.

The reality of course is very different, a club in the middle of a complete rebuild with a mix of new players, old players who dont want to be here and kids who probably should be nowhere near the first team. A new manager stuck in the middle trying to juggle many plates and the new season three weeks away and three more games to get it right. I understand the panic, I really do but we are where we are and need to stick together not fight each other.
I am no way Sunderland's most travelled fan, though i have been to many away games. And imo a section of todays fans are a disgrace.
You were there yesterday Vinkle, was it really that bad?
When you buy a ticket for an away game you dont know what sorts you will be in with.
For yesterdays game i pre bought a seat in the home stand, and even in there there were a few idiots giving Mumba stick on the touchline just exercising in the first half.
Why do they bother going to games if that is their attitude.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2487
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 12:48 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:RTG have some posters who went to the game.. they are saying the supporters and some of the players were getting into a slanging match
And that is not good and helps knowone whoever is to blame, players, supporters or both.

I honestly understand frustrations, concerns, worries we all have them and that's normal. I also understand how we are going into the unknown for many after two unbelievable bad seasons following some mediocre seasons, being a Sunderland fan is far from easy.

In many ways Donald has set himself up for a big fall, very positive and transparent has brought a feel good factor that in many ways has papered over the reality, raised expectations with many expecting exciting winning football from day one.

The reality of course is very different, a club in the middle of a complete rebuild with a mix of new players, old players who dont want to be here and kids who probably should be nowhere near the first team. A new manager stuck in the middle trying to juggle many plates and the new season three weeks away and three more games to get it right. I understand the panic, I really do but we are where we are and need to stick together not fight each other.
I am no way Sunderland's most travelled fan, though i have been to many away games. And imo a section of todays fans are a disgrace.
You were there yesterday Vinkle, was it really that bad?
When you buy a ticket for an away game you dont know what sorts you will be in with.
For yesterdays game i pre bought a seat in the home stand, and even in there there were a few idiots giving Mumba stick on the touchline just exercising in the first half.
Why do they bother going to games if that is their attitude.
Good question Vinkle and I wish I knew the answer, certainly dont fall into the category of fans for me never mind good ones.

It concerns me even more that is waas Mumba, a Cattermole I could understand but a young lad doing well leaves me speechless but if in a year or two we hear he wants our maybe this treatment could be one reason.

I'm hoping that is is just the cheap day out local friendly fans, it certainly seems a far cry to the away fans I have heard about.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-07-15, 1:16 pm

Sadly for every good fan there are a lot of narrow minded idiots.......

A lot of fans hear the club is debt free and therefore believe we should be splashing out and buying players (quite a few whom have only been linked to us by the reporting media) indeed think we should have bought all the players we need by now....in their tiny minds we are still a premier club too good for the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool and should be beating them 10-0 and think the players we have at the minute should be capable of doing so......in reality we are a third division side with a rough skeleton of a team and I dare say half the players that are turning out for us at the moment won't be in the first team come the start of the season...pointless giving them stick, the only thing that will breed is negativity...

Sad thing is because of the feel good factor our new owners have brought many fans foolishly expect us to win virtually every game and storm the league just because we are the mighty Sunderland...the fans need to realise we are where we are because we aren't,indeed haven't been a very good never mind mighty team for some time.

The process of rebuilding the team has just began and fans need to be patient...we need to take our time over buying players to make sure we get the right ones and I believe we'll need to give the team and management time before we'll see the team challenging for promotion...meantime fans need to realise it could take a month or so into the season before we see the team we want to see i.e....a team playing good football and challenging for promotion.
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2455
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  canary-dave on 2018-07-15, 1:19 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Sadly for every good fan there are a lot of narrow minded idiots.......

A lot of fans hear the club is debt free and therefore believe we should be splashing out and buying players (quite a few whom have only been linked to us by the reporting media) indeed think we should have bought all the players we need by now....in their tiny minds we are still a premier club too good for the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool and should be beating them 10-0 and think the players we have at the minute should be capable of doing so......in reality we are a third division side with a rough skeleton of a team and I dare say half the players that are turning out for us at the moment won't be in the first team come the start of the season...pointless giving them stick, the only thing that will breed is negativity...

Sad thing is because of the feel good factor our new owners have brought many fans foolishly expect us to win virtually every game and storm the league just because we are the mighty Sunderland...the fans need to realise we are where we are because we aren't,indeed haven't been a very good never mind mighty team for some time.

The process of rebuilding the team has just began and fans need to be patient...we need to take our time over buying players to make sure we get the right ones and I believe we'll need to give the team and management time before we'll see the team challenging for promotion...meantime fans need to realise it could take a month or so into the season before we see the team we want to see i.e....a team playing good football and challenging for promotion.


Well said Paul, an excellent post 

ten

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14156
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 1:37 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Sadly for every good fan there are a lot of narrow minded idiots.......

A lot of fans hear the club is debt free and therefore believe we should be splashing out and buying players (quite a few whom have only been linked to us by the reporting media) indeed think we should have bought all the players we need by now....in their tiny minds we are still a premier club too good for the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool and should be beating them 10-0 and think the players we have at the minute should be capable of doing so......in reality we are a third division side with a rough skeleton of a team and I dare say half the players that are turning out for us at the moment won't be in the first team come the start of the season...pointless giving them stick, the only thing that will breed is negativity...

Sad thing is because of the feel good factor our new owners have brought many fans foolishly expect us to win virtually every game and storm the league just because we are the mighty Sunderland...the fans need to realise we are where we are because we aren't,indeed haven't been a very good never mind mighty team for some time.

The process of rebuilding the team has just began and fans need to be patient...we need to take our time over buying players to make sure we get the right ones and I believe we'll need to give the team and management time before we'll see the team challenging for promotion...meantime fans need to realise it could take a month or so into the season before we see the team we want to see i.e....a team playing good football and challenging for promotion.
spot on

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  lesmac on 2018-07-15, 2:32 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Sadly for every good fan there are a lot of narrow minded idiots.......

A lot of fans hear the club is debt free and therefore believe we should be splashing out and buying players (quite a few whom have only been linked to us by the reporting media) indeed think we should have bought all the players we need by now....in their tiny minds we are still a premier club too good for the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool and should be beating them 10-0 and think the players we have at the minute should be capable of doing so......in reality we are a third division side with a rough skeleton of a team and I dare say half the players that are turning out for us at the moment won't be in the first team come the start of the season...pointless giving them stick, the only thing that will breed is negativity...

Sad thing is because of the feel good factor our new owners have brought many fans foolishly expect us to win virtually every game and storm the league just because we are the mighty Sunderland...the fans need to realise we are where we are because we aren't,indeed haven't been a very good never mind mighty team for some time.

The process of rebuilding the team has just began and fans need to be patient...we need to take our time over buying players to make sure we get the right ones and I believe we'll need to give the team and management time before we'll see the team challenging for promotion...meantime fans need to realise it could take a month or so into the season before we see the team we want to see i.e....a team playing good football and challenging for promotion.
Great post from the voice of reason and experience.

This is a terrific thread posted by true realistic Sunderland fans. Sadly we have a number of moron fans who enjoy negativity rather than support for the club. My concern about their attitude is that it could influence players we are trying to get to come to the club as well as some that the management have already brought in. Even worse I genuinely fear that it may also affect the new manager's wish to stay if the results are poor at the beginning of the season.
avatar
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2741
Join date : 2012-08-03
Location : North Northumberland

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 2:55 pm

lesmac wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Sadly for every good fan there are a lot of narrow minded idiots.......

A lot of fans hear the club is debt free and therefore believe we should be splashing out and buying players (quite a few whom have only been linked to us by the reporting media) indeed think we should have bought all the players we need by now....in their tiny minds we are still a premier club too good for the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool and should be beating them 10-0 and think the players we have at the minute should be capable of doing so......in reality we are a third division side with a rough skeleton of a team and I dare say half the players that are turning out for us at the moment won't be in the first team come the start of the season...pointless giving them stick, the only thing that will breed is negativity...

Sad thing is because of the feel good factor our new owners have brought many fans foolishly expect us to win virtually every game and storm the league just because we are the mighty Sunderland...the fans need to realise we are where we are because we aren't,indeed haven't been a very good never mind mighty team for some time.

The process of rebuilding the team has just began and fans need to be patient...we need to take our time over buying players to make sure we get the right ones and I believe we'll need to give the team and management time before we'll see the team challenging for promotion...meantime fans need to realise it could take a month or so into the season before we see the team we want to see i.e....a team playing good football and challenging for promotion.
Great post from the voice of reason and experience.

This is a terrific thread posted by true realistic Sunderland fans. Sadly we have a number of moron fans who enjoy negativity rather than support for the club. My concern about their attitude is that it could influence players we are trying to get to come to the club as well as some that the management have already brought in. Even worse I genuinely fear that it may also affect the new manager's wish to stay if the results are poor at the beginning of the season.
In a few weeks we will see a terrific atmosphere when the teams come out Les but, the first bad pass. poor tackle or god forbid Charlton goal and we know a small but very vocal section of the crowd will be champing at the bit to boo and tell the players how shit they are. 

For some reason I cant explain they seem to think it helps.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  Mackemneil on 2018-07-15, 3:03 pm

lesmac wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Sadly for every good fan there are a lot of narrow minded idiots.......

A lot of fans hear the club is debt free and therefore believe we should be splashing out and buying players (quite a few whom have only been linked to us by the reporting media) indeed think we should have bought all the players we need by now....in their tiny minds we are still a premier club too good for the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool and should be beating them 10-0 and think the players we have at the minute should be capable of doing so......in reality we are a third division side with a rough skeleton of a team and I dare say half the players that are turning out for us at the moment won't be in the first team come the start of the season...pointless giving them stick, the only thing that will breed is negativity...

Sad thing is because of the feel good factor our new owners have brought many fans foolishly expect us to win virtually every game and storm the league just because we are the mighty Sunderland...the fans need to realise we are where we are because we aren't,indeed haven't been a very good never mind mighty team for some time.

The process of rebuilding the team has just began and fans need to be patient...we need to take our time over buying players to make sure we get the right ones and I believe we'll need to give the team and management time before we'll see the team challenging for promotion...meantime fans need to realise it could take a month or so into the season before we see the team we want to see i.e....a team playing good football and challenging for promotion.
Great post from the voice of reason and experience.

This is a terrific thread posted by true realistic Sunderland fans. Sadly we have a number of moron fans who enjoy negativity rather than support for the club. My concern about their attitude is that it could influence players we are trying to get to come to the club as well as some that the management have already brought in. Even worse I genuinely fear that it may also affect the new manager's wish to stay if the results are poor at the beginning of the season.
like  Great post OBC and response Les.

I would just add that in terms of expectations, I would suggest that we are only an outside chance of promotion. The main thing I want to see is improvement as the season progresses and all of the new players getting bedded in. If, that takes us to the play offs, that is a bonus.

We have to date signed freebies and as Ross and Donald have said, in the lower leagues where short-term contracts are the fire, there are plenty. Ross has made his choices on that front. Now that players are leaving and cash coming in I expect our next 5 or 6 signings to be purchases and experienced players to create a spine for the team.

It would appear that we have had a bid accepted for a midfielder from Championship ...... Leadbitter? Or a surprise?
avatar
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 2228
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 63
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 3:07 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
lesmac wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Sadly for every good fan there are a lot of narrow minded idiots.......

A lot of fans hear the club is debt free and therefore believe we should be splashing out and buying players (quite a few whom have only been linked to us by the reporting media) indeed think we should have bought all the players we need by now....in their tiny minds we are still a premier club too good for the likes of Darlington and Hartlepool and should be beating them 10-0 and think the players we have at the minute should be capable of doing so......in reality we are a third division side with a rough skeleton of a team and I dare say half the players that are turning out for us at the moment won't be in the first team come the start of the season...pointless giving them stick, the only thing that will breed is negativity...

Sad thing is because of the feel good factor our new owners have brought many fans foolishly expect us to win virtually every game and storm the league just because we are the mighty Sunderland...the fans need to realise we are where we are because we aren't,indeed haven't been a very good never mind mighty team for some time.

The process of rebuilding the team has just began and fans need to be patient...we need to take our time over buying players to make sure we get the right ones and I believe we'll need to give the team and management time before we'll see the team challenging for promotion...meantime fans need to realise it could take a month or so into the season before we see the team we want to see i.e....a team playing good football and challenging for promotion.
Great post from the voice of reason and experience.

This is a terrific thread posted by true realistic Sunderland fans. Sadly we have a number of moron fans who enjoy negativity rather than support for the club. My concern about their attitude is that it could influence players we are trying to get to come to the club as well as some that the management have already brought in. Even worse I genuinely fear that it may also affect the new manager's wish to stay if the results are poor at the beginning of the season.
like  Great post OBC and response Les.

I would just add that in terms of expectations, I would suggest that we are only an outside chance of promotion. The main thing I want to see is improvement as the season progresses and all of the new players getting bedded in. If, that takes us to the play offs, that is a bonus.

We have to date signed freebies and as Ross and Donald have said, in the lower leagues where short-term contracts are the fire, there are plenty. Ross has made his choices on that front. Now that players are leaving and cash coming in I expect our next 5 or 6 signings to be purchases and experienced players to create a spine for the team.

It would appear that we have had a bid accepted for a midfielder from Championship ...... Leadbitter? Or a surprise?
Never thought of him

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-15, 3:29 pm

Undoubtedly time is required to move on expensive flops and wantaways... until then the overall wage bill and cash for fees will be in short supply.

The Don has tweeted about a number of quality buys.. it will take time to bring them in...

As said above it may be too much of a stretch to get promoted this season.. although expectations will be high to do so

Football fans and patience are not usually associated together and poor displays by some of the players at these pre-season friendlies.. Will just poor petrol on the flames of anger following two appalling seasons

A bumpy ride in the forthcoming season is on the cards
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7265
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  Kipper on 2018-07-15, 4:12 pm

Agree with everything said about some fans but disagree about expectations. We will get promoted. We will win the division. All will be  well.
avatar
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-15, 4:31 pm

Kipper wrote:Agree with everything said about some fans but disagree about expectations. We will get promoted. We will win the division. All will be  well.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm with Kipper on this one.
avatar
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 5363
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 58
Location : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-15, 4:46 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Kipper wrote:Agree with everything said about some fans but disagree about expectations. We will get promoted. We will win the division. All will be  well.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm with Kipper on this one.
Kipper is never ever wrong

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-07-16, 12:07 am

Like most seasons I will give us three months before forming a proper judgment.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4072
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-07-16, 4:23 am

Nostalgic wrote:Like most seasons I will give us three months before forming a proper judgment.
like

Ps. 10 matches are more than enough for me  Shocked

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 10005
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 100
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-16, 7:32 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Like most seasons I will give us three months before forming a proper judgment.
like

Ps. 10 matches are more than enough for me  Shocked
My question to you both is,"What if we have a bad start, very possible with a brand new owner, manager and team"?

Giving them 10 games or three months is like saying you will probably fail but I wont call you shit until you prove it.

I will do my usual and go to every home game, league or cup and do my best to support my club.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 47128
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-16, 8:22 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Like most seasons I will give us three months before forming a proper judgment.
like

Ps. 10 matches are more than enough for me  Shocked
My question to you both is,"What if we have a bad start, very possible with a brand new owner, manager and team"?

Giving them 10 games or three months is like saying you will probably fail but I wont call you shit until you prove it.

I will do my usual and go to every home game, league or cup and do my best to support my club.


Hmmm is there a difference between a fan or an addict.. or say a teacher and a mother regarding children  Cool

Theirs not to make reply

Theirs not to question why

Theirs but to do or die
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7265
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Some are concerned,why?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum