SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Maja, signing or leaving?
Today at 2:25 pm by sunderpitt

» Well, what went wrong yesterday
Today at 1:03 pm by MrRAWhite

» League Table Week 15
Today at 10:40 am by Vincemac

» Quiz 118
Today at 6:33 am by Nostalgic

» Predictions Week 16
Today at 3:12 am by canary-dave

» Predictions Mid Week 16
Today at 3:07 am by canary-dave

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 7:31 pm by oldblackcat

» Results Week 15
Yesterday at 5:56 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 9:23 am by Hieronymus

»  Walsall v Sunderland
Yesterday at 9:22 am by Hieronymus

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Forget Asoro, we have Bali Mumba

Go down

Forget Asoro, we have Bali Mumba

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-13, 12:26 pm

Bali Mumba is making a name for himself, and it hasn't gone unnoticed.

After grabbing the headlines on the final day of the 2017-18 season, Mumba picked up where he left off with an impressive display at Blackwell Meadows as Sunderland opened their pre-season schedule against Darlington.

The 16-year-old showed some nice touches, an impressive turn of pace and a good range of passing, but the way he dealt with the physical side of the game was equally as impressive.

And speaking after Tuesday's game, Jack Ross hailed the midfielder’s standout performance.
“The biggest positive tonight was Bali,” said the Sunderland manager.
“At 16 years old, he’s really forcing himself further and further into my thoughts.”

He continued: “We have to be careful because he’s still a boy, but he’s a really good player and I thought he handled himself and acquitted himself really well. 

“I was aware of his reputation and abilities before I came in, but you don’t really get feel for the players until you start working with them day in, day out.
“That’s a process that is still ongoing at the moment, but he’s really impressed me in training and when he played in Portugal, albeit in a training game, again he was really good.
“There was a physicality to the game tonight which was challenging, but I thought he coped with it really well and I thought he got better throughout his time on the pitch.

“It’s really encouraging for us because at 16, and in normal circumstances, we probably shouldn’t be considering him to be in and around the first-team squad, but he’s there on merit at the moment.
“If he continues to develop as he is, the likelihood is that he’ll be around the squad and that’s great for him.

“It’s a great opportunity for him and it’s good for me because he’s producing positive performances.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forget Asoro, we have Bali Mumba

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-13, 12:29 pm

Asoro and Mumba together might have well been worth the admission fee to see game alone
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-13, 12:36 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Asoro and Mumba together might have well been worth the admission fee to see game alone
But Asoro does not want to be here, the club wanted him and offered him a good contract he would not sign so for me on your way son without any regrets from me. Had far to many uncommitted footballers dont want any more.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-13, 1:34 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Asoro and Mumba together might have well been worth the admission fee to see game alone
But Asoro does not want to be here, the club wanted him and offered him a good contract he would not sign so for me on your way son without any regrets from me. Had far to many uncommitted footballers dont want any more.

Reluctantly I agree.. I wonder if Cookie was still manager he wpuld of stayed.. we will never know
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-13, 1:38 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Reluctantly I agree.. I wonder if Cookie was still manager he wpuld of stayed.. we will never know
I think the answer would be no, he was upset by something that happened during the Cookie days and seemed out of favour for some unknown reason.

The stand out fact for me with Asoro and McNair is both looked like potential world beaters but neither  seemed to have a host of premier clubs after them and both have ended up at unfashionable second tier clubs.

Maybe neither is as good as we or they think they are.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-07-13, 2:51 pm

Asoro was making noises I don't know how many managers back about leaving if he didn't become a regular in the first team. Later it seemed that we had the striking solution we needed in him and Maja playing together but the times Coleman played them together were few and far between. Fletcher should have been the back-up not the main strike force. Maybe Asoro just thinks that no manager at Sunderland is giving him enough of a chance so he'll try his luck somewhere else.

Anyway, before we get too upset, let's ask ourselves how good he is or how suited to League 1 he is. There's quality there no doubt but he's living in a 12 year old's body and is going to get knocked about all over the place. Was he the saviour? We raved about him once and then the limelight was taken by Maja and Asoro was almost forgotten by quite a few fans. Attention is back on Asoro now because he's leaving.

Let's see how many games he get for Swansea - that could go either way, but I believe there's a sell on clause so a bonus for us if he does come good.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum