SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Max Stryjek
Today at 12:25 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 11:50 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by Hieronymus

» legal action
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by Vincemac

» SIDMCFC
Yesterday at 8:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 7:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Am i imagining this
Yesterday at 7:46 pm by Vincemac

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 3:22 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Silvers

» Who would have thought it
2018-09-20, 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

The Don wants 5 more

Go down

The Don wants 5 more

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 8:29 am

Famous Five?

Stewart Donald revealed yesterday that he wants around five new players over the next couple of weeks.
The Black Cats chief was in Moscow last night for the big World Cup game, but assured fans he is still working on transfers.

I would guess that two strikers and two centre backs ar in that 5.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Don wants 5 more

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-07-12, 9:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:Famous Five?

Stewart Donald revealed yesterday that he wants around five new players over the next couple of weeks.
The Black Cats chief was in Moscow last night for the big World Cup game, but assured fans he is still working on transfers.

After watching the Darlington game I think 5 is way short of the mark.
I know it was only a friendly but you could see all over the park the real weaknesses.
At the game you were so close to the field of play you could nearly touch the players.
I am over six foot and our players were short in stature that is one area we need to sort out.
The other area is real quality we have filled the team up with stocking fillers and now we should be forking out with more quality at that level which means spending some decent dosh.I know it's not going to be premiership spend but money has to be spent on players that are young but not the type that are for the future.We need players of good quality now to get us out of the mire and that will have some sell on value when they are moved on or if they want to go.
I don't want a large amount of loanees look how that turned out once they leave you are back to square one half a team disappeared.
So  2/3 maybe more advantageous with also an option to buy if they turn out to be good enough.
We have not got the required amount of players in before pre season so that is another problem getting the team to gel quickly when will we ever learn.
But saying that I know the new regime has had to sort out a helluva lot of mis-management from the previous bunch of clowns.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 9:47 am

Rovertsafc wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Famous Five?

After watching the Darlington game I think 5 is way short of the mark.
I know it was only a friendly but you could see all over the park the real weaknesses.
At the game you were so close to the field of play you could nearly touch the players.
I am over six foot and our players were short in stature that is one area we need to sort out.
The other area is real quality we have filled the team up with stocking fillers and now we should be forking out with more quality at that level which means spending some decent dosh.I know it's not going to be premiership spend but money has to be spent on players that are young but not the type that are for the future.We need players of good quality now to get us out of the mire and that will have some sell on value when they are moved on or if they want to go.
I don't want a large amount of loanees look how that turned out once they leave you are back to square one half a team disappeared.
So  2/3 maybe more advantageous with also an option to buy if they turn out to be good enough.
We have not got the required amount of players in before pre season so that is another problem getting the team to gel quickly when will we ever learn.
But saying that I know the new regime has had to sort out a helluva lot of mis-management from the previous bunch of clowns.
Good post rover and I cant see how anyone could argue with any of that. We have been short of height and muscle for some time and both will be essential in division one. We have some quality in the squad if we can keep them and the sales of Khazri, Kone, NDong, Pappy and Oviedo will free up wages and cash but we need them out quickly and that is something we cant control but we can control players coming in. Donald says he wants players in for the Grimsby game so a busy week ahead I hope.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 10:04 am

Whilst Sunderland’s transfer activity does appear on the face of it to have ground to a halt, we’re told that serious efforts are being made to strengthen Jack Ross’ depleted squad and that “the situation will look very different in a week”, with the club intent on spending money on players that will give us an edge over our competition as we look to climb out of League One at the first attempt.
Whilst eight signings have already been made - two of which have been for our U23s side - we’re told that the club ideally want AT LEAST six new additions right down the spine of the first-team squad in time for the season’s opener with Charlton Athletic on the 4th of August.
Two central defenders, two central midfielders and two strikers are what they’re hoping to ideally add, and we’re told that, contrary to rumours floating around on social media, they will be spending money on bringing players to the club.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][size=13]Stewart Donald updated fans via Twitter yesterday regarding the club’s transfer situation - but we’re told that despite his claims they’re hoping to add more than the 4 or 5 players he alluded to @StewartDonald3 on Twitter[/size]
We’re also told that “we’re after good players” who “have good CVs” that the fans will hopefully be happy with - so fingers crossed that everything goes well and they’re capable of getting the deal over the line sooner rather than later.
The team head to Hartlepool United this weekend before taking a jaunt down the east coast to face Grimsby Town on Tuesday, and the hope is that, at the very least, by the time we cross the border to take on St Mirren we’ll have some new faces on board and on the pitch for the game.
We don’t have any names to bring you at this stage, but the news does sound initially promising and at least shows that the recruitment team aren’t sitting on their hands whilst the time passes.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum