SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» Max Stryjek
Today at 12:25 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 11:50 pm by Hieronymus

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by Hieronymus

» legal action
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by Vincemac

» SIDMCFC
Yesterday at 8:10 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Yesterday at 7:56 pm by oldblackcat

» Am i imagining this
Yesterday at 7:46 pm by Vincemac

» lucky lucky me
Yesterday at 3:22 pm by Silvers

» N'Dong
Yesterday at 3:21 pm by Silvers

» Who would have thought it
2018-09-20, 6:40 pm by cyprussyd

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Tonight's England game

Go down

Tonight's England game

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 11:42 am

Tonight we play what is the biggest England game for years and the nation is brimming with excitement and rightly so.

Here on SunderMad we will also be tuned in but with the sad news of Billy's passing there will be a massive dark cloud hanging over us but, I'm sure we can all guess what Billy would be saying so here is hoping for an England win and even more MOTM performances for the two mackems.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Tonight's England game

Post  canary-dave on 2018-07-11, 11:43 am

cyprussyd wrote:Tonight we play what is the biggest England game for years and the nation is brimming with excitement and rightly so.

Here on SunderMad we will also be tuned in but with the sad news of Billy's passing there will be a massive dark cloud hanging over us but, I'm sure we can all guess what Billy would be saying so here is hoping for an England win and even more MOTM performances for the two mackems.

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 3:06 pm

The BBC are pushing for us to listen to the game on radio 5 live.

Well we are sure to do that when its live on ITV.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 6:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-11, 7:17 pm

1-0 and a peach of a free kick by Trippier.

We look good - calm and confident - hope I am not speaking too soon finger cross
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 7:38 pm

Hieronymus wrote:1-0 and a peach of a free kick by Trippier.

We look good - calm and confident - hope I am not speaking too soon finger cross
well we now know who to blame if.....

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-07-11, 9:26 pm

Missed opportunity's  Rolling Eyes

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 9:38 pm

Its not coming home

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-11, 9:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:1-0 and a peach of a free kick by Trippier.

well we now know who to blame if.....
Sorry [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-07-11, 9:45 pm

Croatia were just too good in the end but a little more passion from us would not have gone astray.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 9:47 pm

Cant help but smile thinking of what Billy would have said, f*cking shite

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-11, 9:56 pm

Game should have been over in the 1st half. We missed a couple I believe we should have scored. Let them off the hook.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-07-11, 9:57 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Cant help but smile thinking of what Billy would have said, f*cking shite

You sure that's all he would have said? Surely a good few more expletives would have been used?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-11, 10:01 pm

gil t azell wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Cant help but smile thinking of what Billy would have said, f*cking shite

You sure that's all he would have said? Surely a good few more expletives would have been used?
probably and something about sucking someones dick

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-07-11, 10:04 pm

As soon as their first goal was given even though I thought it was a high boot foul, we seemed to feel sorry for ourselves and there was not a strong personality to drive or lift our lads.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-07-11, 11:14 pm

Just seen our own Mr RAWhite on Tyne Tees News being interviewed after the match. Not sure what he said - I think a few bevvies had been partaken Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Teessidemakem on 2018-07-12, 12:10 am

All in all its been a poor worldcup in my opinion. I refused to climb onto the hype train and all tonight's done is save us from being embarrassed off the frogs. 
People were talking asif we were already in the final but the moment we faced any decent competion we got beat. Well never have a better chance again in making it to the final.
Kanes done nowt other than scored a load of penalties, Sterlings been absolutely shocking and so have the likes of Ali Rose and Young.
Not taking Wilshere was a big mistake because we had nobody else in the middle thats capable of unlocking a defence like him. All we did tonight was punt it up field hoping for the best.
Teessidemakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-07-12, 12:31 am

Teessidemakem wrote:All in all its been a poor worldcup in my opinion. I refused to climb onto the hype train and all tonight's done is save us from being embarrassed off the frogs. 
People were talking asif we were already in the final but the moment we faced any decent competion we got beat. Well never have a better chance again in making it to the final.
Kanes done nowt other than scored a load of penalties, Sterlings been absolutely shocking and so have the likes of Ali Rose and Young.
Not taking Wilshere was a big mistake because we had nobody else in the middle thats capable of unlocking a defence like him. All we did tonight was punt it up field hoping for the best.
I can live with the bits about the over hype but if we could have survived tonight I think the French are beatable.  Croatia have been the class team of the series given its population.  They varied their game, roughed us up to the point of us losing focus, and then killed us off using a midfielder going forward.  Something we lacked.

While it is not exactly back to the drawing board, we still have a ways to go.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Teessidemakem on 2018-07-12, 12:55 am

Nostalgic wrote:
Teessidemakem wrote:All in all its been a poor worldcup in my opinion. I refused to climb onto the hype train and all tonight's done is save us from being embarrassed off the frogs. 
I can live with the bits about the over hype but if we could have survived tonight I think the French are beatable.  Croatia have been the class team of the series given its population.  They varied their game, roughed us up to the point of us losing focus, and then killed us off using a midfielder going forward.  Something we lacked.

While it is not exactly back to the drawing board, we still have a ways to go.

I have to disagree mate. The French's defence looked rock solid against Belgium. Varane and Umtiti were like a brick wall. We couldnt even score in open play against a team that had Lovren playing.
Mpappe would have ripped Rose or Young a new ar$ehole down that right flank.
Sterling should never have been allowed to spend as much time on the pitch as he did tonight. Id have started the game with him on the bench and id have bought Loftus cheek in for him, who is a big strong lad (who likes to run at players), and id have moved Ali further forward playing behind Kane like he does for Spurs.

Teessidemakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 8:06 am

Well I have loved the journey and bought into the hype 100% because I have found everything about our team to be refreshing and exciting, I am one of the many who gave up watching England some time ago.

Are the team the best players ever, no and that is part of the charm for me, Southgate is not the best manager in the world and he has moulded a team that IMO is honest, hard working and committed in his image and it works.

Being a Sunderland fan of course adds in that extra ingredient of two mackems having staring roles, the team can only get better and I'm looking forward to watching the continuing journey.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-07-12, 9:11 am

cyprussyd wrote:Well I have loved the journey and bought into the hype 100% because I have found everything about our team to be refreshing and exciting, I am one of the many who gave up watching England some time ago.

Are the team the best players ever, no and that is part of the charm for me, Southgate is not the best manager in the world and he has moulded a team that IMO is honest, hard working and committed in his image and it works.

Being a Sunderland fan of course adds in that extra ingredient of two mackems having staring roles, the team can only get better and I'm looking forward to watching the continuing journey.

Totally agree with this. Not interested in England normally but this team are not a bunch of hyped up prima donnas. Hard working team players. The sort of thing that every Sunderland fan wants to see. I can't be critical of any of the players - we all wish they'd done better last night but I'm not going to start picking out individual's for a slagging now. We should follow Southgate's example and show a bit of class - so refreshing to see a manger dispense with the usual mouthy bllx. 

Hype? I'm not even sure that's true - there was excitement generated by a team that over achieved above expectations.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 12:00 pm

I know I know its not nice but I couldn't help but laugh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-07-12, 1:24 pm

Well I blame ITV if it had been shown on BBC we would have won.

O and if when we were on top in the 1st half.. Kane and Lingard had taken their chances we would probably gone through
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-07-12, 2:10 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Well I blame ITV if it had been shown on BBC we would have won.

O and if when we were on top in the 1st half.. Kane and Lingard had taken their chances we would probably gone through
Good point, f*cking Keano

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum