SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Sad News
Today at 8:22 pm by cyprussyd

» Transfer update - bid accepted
Today at 8:12 pm by cyprussyd

» Did I ever tell you all about
Today at 6:16 pm by cyprussyd

» Some are concerned,why?
Today at 4:46 pm by cyprussyd

» Asoro over and out
Today at 2:27 pm by cyprussyd

» Maybe
Today at 1:38 pm by cyprussyd

» A Happy Mr "H"
Today at 7:02 am by cyprussyd

» FAO Syd and Jerry
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by canary-dave

» Hartlepool United v Sunderland
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by sunderpitt

» Billy's Brick
Yesterday at 12:36 am by cyprussyd

Is Clatterhard the new Roswell

Go down

Is Clatterhard the new Roswell

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-28, 4:26 pm

The title days it all...
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Clatterhard the new Roswell

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-28, 4:36 pm

Not at the moment because all we know is what the delightful and not to be trusted Ms Byrne said. Cattermole was allmiles first day back after the school holidays and I dont see him doing a Jack. If he does not get a move he will, IMO, give his all.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-06-28, 5:52 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Not at the moment because all we know is what the delightful and not to be trusted Ms Byrne said. Cattermole was allmiles first day back after the school holidays and I dont see him doing a Jack. If he does not get a move he will, IMO, give his all.
Spot on I know if he stays and is given the captains armband he will lead the team and most of the youngsters will follow.
Where is he going to go,if it's to a  championship team he certainly ain't going to get  more money.
He should if he has any honour stay with us and help get us out of this league.
His agent Byrne can do one we hold  all of the cards if a decent offer comes in then we have the choice sell or keep.
We do need to keep a spine to the team after all.
Who at present in the team is a leader I don't see anyone at the moment.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-06-28, 8:07 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Not at the moment because all we know is what the delightful and not to be trusted Ms Byrne said. Cattermole was allmiles first day back after the school holidays and I dont see him doing a Jack. If he does not get a move he will, IMO, give his all.
I don't see Lee Cattermole as another Rodwell. He hasn't been the most creative player we have ever had but he has always given his all, although sunderpitt will not agree with that. I'd be very happy to see him turn out for us this season especially if we a likely to play some of our inexperienced young academy  players lining up.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-06-29, 7:51 am

lesmac wrote:
I don't see Lee Cattermole as another Rodwell. He hasn't been the most creative player we have ever had but he has always given his all, although sunderpitt will not agree with that. I'd be very happy to see him turn out for us this season especially if we a likely to play some of our inexperienced young academy  players lining up.
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2018-06-29, 7:51 am

Now Rodwell has gone I suppose the new target is Catts.  Catts has and always will give his best and its not his fault he was given a long contract. Catts holds all the aces, if he wants to stay the club cant do anything about it. If he wants to go then the club has a say.
For me if Catts goes I see it as a good thing as we really need to get young fresh players in all over the team.
If we are honest Catts best days are behind him.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-29, 8:14 am

If he goes I fear for us for at least a couple of seasons, adapting to level III football should be a doddle for most our lads and since we are making signings that, for me, are uninspiring and show a lack of determination to get us back into the championship at the first chance. All the new signings are on two year contracts so will be around next season as well.

Catts, Watmore, Honeyman, Gooch and Love have performed at a higher level than the new signings so must be the basic framework of the team.  If any of those leave to be replaced by more cost nothing low level performers I see this as an indication of our intent to hang around for at least a season.

So far we have not spent a penny, unless there was a payment direct to the player in lieu of a transfer fee, and since we were left without any debt then there must be a bit of boldness by the new owners as an act of faith to the 20,000 committed card holders. Whether it happens now or next January, it has to be done to avoid going into more time of ordinariness.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-29, 9:37 am

My 2 penneth worth on Catts is that on field he tries to give 100%. He leads and cajoled the other into being energetic. However he is slow and his range of passing is rather limited.

He is often unfit/injured/hungover ?

For his salary under the new financial model we need to work under we could probably get 3 players better than him.

Over to you Donald/Ross
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-29, 9:41 am

There's no way I see Cattermole as the new Rodwell but he's also the next one I want to leave. His best has not been good enough for too long. He is a big part of the abject failure in recent years. Reports are that he's not the consummate professional and does not set a good example off the field. Despite not playing much through injury, as a role model Duncan Watmore should be the one to turn to for players coming in, not Cattermole. Captain's armband!!!!!!!!! What are we trying to cling on to? Time to move on. I hope he finds a club that can use him well and I wish him all the best but I really don't want him at Sunderland.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-06-29, 9:59 am

Kipper wrote:There's no way I see Cattermole as the new Rodwell but he's also the next one I want to leave. His best has not been good enough for too long. He is a big part of the abject failure in recent years. Reports are that he's not the consummate professional and does not set a good example off the field. Despite not playing much through injury, as a role model Duncan Watmore should be the one to turn to for players coming in, not Cattermole. Captain's armband!!!!!!!!! What are we trying to cling on to? Time to move on. I hope he finds a club that can use him well and I wish him all the best but I really don't want him at Sunderland.
like   silent

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-29, 10:18 am

Kipper wrote:There's no way I see Cattermole as the new Rodwell but he's also the next one I want to leave. His best has not been good enough for too long. He is a big part of the abject failure in recent years. Reports are that he's not the consummate professional and does not set a good example off the field. Despite not playing much through injury, as a role model Duncan Watmore should be the one to turn to for players coming in, not Cattermole. Captain's armband!!!!!!!!! What are we trying to cling on to? Time to move on. I hope he finds a club that can use him well and I wish him all the best but I really don't want him at Sunderland.
Yes I think he will go and he needs to but will anyone pay the wages he will be after. If he does stay he will certainly give 100%.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-29, 10:21 am

Nostalgic wrote:If he goes I fear for us for at least a couple of seasons, adapting to level III football should be a doddle for most our lads and since we are making signings that, for me, are uninspiring and show a lack of determination to get us back into the championship at the first chance. All the new signings are on two year contracts so will be around next season as well.

Catts, Watmore, Honeyman, Gooch and Love have performed at a higher level than the new signings so must be the basic framework of the team.  If any of those leave to be replaced by more cost nothing low level performers I see this as an indication of our intent to hang around for at least a season.

So far we have not spent a penny, unless there was a payment direct to the player in lieu of a transfer fee, and since we were left without any debt then there must be a bit of boldness by the new owners as an act of faith to the 20,000 committed card holders. Whether it happens now or next January, it has to be done to avoid going into more time of ordinariness.
Noz the players we are bringing in are for division 1, its where we are and I see nothing wrong with bringing in bargains and taking advantage of out of contract players. Cattermole ears to much for division 1 and in Ethan Robson we have a very good, younger, fitter and capable replacement.

I find it a little sad that you seem to be writing off our new signings before a ball is kicked.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-06-29, 7:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:If he goes I fear for us for at least a couple of seasons, adapting to level III football should be a doddle for most our lads and since we are making signings that, for me, are uninspiring and show a lack of determination to get us back into the championship at the first chance. All the new signings are on two year contracts so will be around next season as well.

Noz the players we are bringing in are for division 1, its where we are and I see nothing wrong with bringing in bargains and taking advantage of out of contract players. Cattermole ears to much for division 1 and in Ethan Robson we have a very good, younger, fitter and capable replacement.

I find it a little sad that you seem to be writing off our new signings before a ball is kicked.
Unfortunately everyone needs to realise we are a third division team now and the players we are signing are going to be unknowns....we need to rebuild and things aren't going to be easy...........we all agree that we need players that are familiar to this level of football and we need players that want to come to this club and want to prove themselves good players....we've got to trust the new manager and his signings and give them a chance.........don't expect the team to steamroller every team we play either....we're going to need time to gel....above all we all need to think positive!
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-29, 7:37 pm

Yep we have to have a team and wage structure we can afford.

I for one do not think Catts is a poor player..just unfit/injured or hungover.
If he was to commit stay fit  and even take a wage cut I would make him skipper 

But on his wages we could probably have 3 players better than him for this division and to be there also in the championship
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-29, 8:29 pm

oldblackcat wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Unfortunately everyone needs to realise we are a third division team now and the players we are signing are going to be unknowns....we need to rebuild and things aren't going to be easy...........we all agree that we need players that are familiar to this level of football and we need players that want to come to this club and want to prove themselves good players....we've got to trust the new manager and his signings and give them a chance.........don't expect the team to steamroller every team we play either....we're going to need time to gel....above all we all need to think positive!
I am neither sad nor unaware of our plight or that the players we signed are low level for an alleged purpose.  If Ross can weld them into a team then I will be wrong and happy to admit it.  My fear is that if we get a half way decent bids for a player he will be encouraged to go just to save short-term money.  These new players are on a two year deal so we have them this and next season like it or not, but when our youngsters reach first team contracts stage in that time  how determined are we to keep them by offering a decent contract or wage?  

The players I mentioned are still on wages above normal Div III level but are of the quality to get us above the rest and back up a league. Add our promising youngsters and next or the following season will be interesting, but is anybody thinking that far ahead for a club that is big in every way but ambition to get back?

Our finances reportedly good for this league so paying them what they are worth to get promotion is surely worth it. Think small and you will stay small, but making best use of assets provide a decent return.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-29, 8:50 pm

Nostalgic wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

I am neither sad nor unaware of our plight or that the players we signed are low level for an alleged purpose.  If Ross can weld them into a team then I will be wrong and happy to admit it.  My fear is that if we get a half way decent bids for a player he will be encouraged to go just to save short-term money.  These new players are on a two year deal so we have them this and next season like it or not, but when our youngsters reach first team contracts stage in that time  how determined are we to keep them by offering a decent contract or wage?  

The players I mentioned are still on wages above normal Div III level but are of the quality to get us above the rest and back up a league. Add our promising youngsters and next or the following season will be interesting, but is anybody thinking that far ahead for a club that is big in every way but ambition to get back?

Our finances reportedly good for this league so paying them what they are worth to get promotion is surely worth it. Think small and you will stay small, but making best use of assets provide a decent return.
I didn't say you were sad Noz I said I find it sad and getting rid of players has nothing to do with budgets, its about reducing the wage bill to fit in with the financial rules. Donald has said he is happy for every player to stay and help get us back up but, if players want out then they can leave for a fair valuation.

Every interview I have seen with Donald and Ross tell me they have plenty of ambition and are indeed thinking ahead, I could give many examples but to be honest I'm not sure you will be convinced, we tend to see what we want to see but time will tell.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-06-30, 10:29 am

At this moment in time I am not underwhelmed. We need a lot of players we are getting players. More importantly we are getting players with the right characteristics. Players who will give their all. 

Get Watmore fit and a few of our other lads with championship experience and we should be more than OK in my opinion. In fact I am expecting promotion and not via the play offs.

Most transfer business is done at the back end of the window and I think we will see some better quality come in as some of our high earners leave.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum