SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
next game
FcTables.com
Div 1 Table
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» Help For Heroes - Billy's Page
Today at 1:50 am by cyprussyd

» Latest Stewart Donald Podcast
Today at 1:17 am by cyprussyd

» Quiz 102
Today at 12:32 am by Hieronymus

» Sad News
Yesterday at 7:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Djilobodji
Yesterday at 4:44 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland receive welcome boost as creative midfield pair pledge their future to club
Yesterday at 3:31 pm by cyprussyd

» 2018/19 League
Yesterday at 12:06 pm by cyprussyd

» Fantasy football is back!!!!
Yesterday at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» Tonights team
Yesterday at 10:59 am by cyprussyd

» That clears that up then
2018-07-17, 10:03 pm by cyprussyd

I will shed no tears

Go down

I will shed no tears

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-25, 8:20 am

When we ended last season I like most had a list in my head of who I wanted to keep and build a team around but those thoughts are long gone.

Now I just want anyone who is not committed out including McNair and any other player, we dont need anyone who wants out.

These are the players who got us were we are, some managed to play well enough over two seasons to get us relegated twice and flirt with relegation for many seasons before so maybe they are not the superstars they think they are.

I rate McNair but the fact 3 clubs wanted him and one of those thought he is worth 3 mil says a lot.

I remember a game last season, cant remember who it was against but Ethan Robson made his home debut. He did not have the experience of Cattermole but he had desire, tenacity and quite a lot of skill and he wants to stay, he wants to play for Sunderland and help bring success. I wont miss Catts but I am looking forward to seeing more of Ethan.

I know nothing about the players we are signing but I do know they wont be on 20 or 30 K a week, they are coming because they want to be here and that will do me.

I see no downside, no negatives, no worries but yes there will be mistakes and we wont destroy every team we play, a complete fresh start, something we have been asking for, may take time but I am sure we will see desire and a big improvement on the last two seasons.

It saddens me just how quite we are on SunderMad and when I look on social media I see excited Mackems sharing that excitement, for some reason we dont get it here and that puzzles me. BTW I know lots of busy people, loads of them, indeed I am very busy myself right now but, I am never to busy to get excited about Sunderland.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I will shed no tears

Post  paddocklad on 2018-06-25, 8:32 am

I’m excited just waiting for the next bit of news to be released, I think the names mentioned will do a great job for us in the division we are in I think we’re in for a good season, we have to be realistic we are where we are let’s take it as an opportunity to rebuild , I like the way the owner talks and is honest, the plan they have for investment if we get back into the championship is spot on, onwards and upwards
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2018-06-25, 8:34 am

Very excited if I'm allowed to say so but in the same breath can't be arsed arguing against strong opinions.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-06-25, 8:41 am

What we need and what we will get is players who want to be here and will fight for the club, not bothered who they are, have had years of mercenaries just here for the cash, really looking forward to hopefully winning games.
What excites me most is for the first time in a long time there is a plan in place and a long term one at that, I too can’t be arsed with all the negativity
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-25, 9:07 am

cyprussyd wrote:When we ended last season I like most had a list in my head of who I wanted to keep and build a team around but those thoughts are long gone.

Now I just want anyone who is not committed out including McNair and any other player, we dont need anyone who wants out.

These are the players who got us were we are, some managed to play well enough over two seasons to get us relegated twice and flirt with relegation for many seasons before so maybe they are not the superstars they think they are.

I rate McNair but the fact 3 clubs wanted him and one of those thought he is worth 3 mil says a lot.

I remember a game last season, cant remember who it was against but Ethan Robson made his home debut. He did not have the experience of Cattermole but he had desire, tenacity and quite a lot of skill and he wants to stay, he wants to play for Sunderland and help bring success. I wont miss Catts but I am looking forward to seeing more of Ethan.

I know nothing about the players we are signing but I do know they wont be on 20 or 30 K a week, they are coming because they want to be here and that will do me.

I see no downside, no negatives, no worries but yes there will be mistakes and we wont destroy every team we play, a complete fresh start, something we have been asking for, may take time but I am sure we will see desire and a big improvement on the last two seasons.

It saddens me just how quite we are on SunderMad and when I look on social media I see excited Mackems sharing that excitement, for some reason we dont get it here and that puzzles me. BTW I know lots of busy people, loads of them, indeed I am very busy myself right now but, I am never to busy to get excited about Sunderland.
Finally you see sense Very Happy
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-25, 9:12 am

Tbh sportwise there is a lot going on.. WC and we just won 6-1, we won the cricket 5-0 against the Oz. We   have also managed to win a rugby game after a run of defeats. So perhaps Sunderland are not the centre of my universe atm. The grandkids have got chicken pox.. the sun is shining and I should have my shorts on hitting a little ball around a sun baked field.

Having said that I am very pleased with the new owner and his open-ness he is engendering
 A lot of players will leave and I reckon there might only be a couple I will mourn. Most of the players that will be brought in.. I expect to know nowt about.. but God willing on the opening day if the season I hope to be there cheering them on and looking for better things in 'GULP the 3rd division.

So not too excited atm.. pleased that we are heading in the right direction.. and enjoying the WC and other distractions
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-25, 10:51 am

I'm not sure that we really need to come on here and justify our level of excitement.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-25, 4:24 pm

Kipper wrote:I'm not sure that we really need to come on here and justify our level of excitement.
You do because I am more excited than everyone else. Should we have an excitement gauge?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum