SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Forum Moderation
Today at 1:14 am by oxfordshire

» How many points?
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» ALS
Yesterday at 11:19 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Maja.... Brexit II leave or remain
Yesterday at 11:01 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Sunderland Til I Die
Yesterday at 10:58 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» League Table week 17
Yesterday at 10:52 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 17
Yesterday at 10:49 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Mid week 16
Yesterday at 10:46 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Many happy returns to Mr Nostalgic
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» HELP
Yesterday at 10:41 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Not great but at least honest

Go down

Not great but at least honest

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-12, 3:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not great but at least honest

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-12, 4:23 pm

I'm more than happy that Rodwell and Cattermole want to leave:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Photo by Mark Runnacles/Getty Images          
A clause in Jack Rodwell’s contract prevented the player from taking a pay cut due to the club’s relegation to the Championship - but the clause only prevented his wages being reduced if the club were to gain immediate promotion back into the Premier League.
As we not only failed to gain promotion but suffered the embarrassment of double relegations, his wages will drop by 40%. Unfortunately that 40% decrease will still see him earn more than £40,000 per week in League One, which will make him the highest paid player in the division’s history.
As that is an unsustainable amount for a club in the third tier - even for a player who would be contributing on the pitch - a solution had to be found that would be beneficial to both the club and player.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Photo by Dean Mouhtaropoulos/Getty Images
Thankfully, Roker Report understand that both sides are hopeful of the situation being resolved in the near future. Talks between the club and Rodwell’s representatives are due this week, and with the player being very sensible about the need from both sides to move on, it’s hoped that we may see the player finally leave the club.
It’s understood that Rodwell would like to move to a club in the MLS, so the need to resolve his lengthy dispute with Sunderland is one that he’d like to put to bed soon in order for both sides to settle his contract amicably.
Although we may see Rodwell leave, a similar situation may arise in the form of Lee Cattermole.
Cattermole is keen to leave the club after a difficult few seasons for both club and player, but with the 30-year-old previously signing a deal which could see him stay until 2021 - a contract agreed with then CEO Margaret Bryne - it may be a more difficult situation than the Rodwell one, due to the former Manchester City man only have one-year remaining on his deal.
With the player and his agent - who, coincidentally, is Margaret Byrne - keen on getting every penny he is entitled to over the length of his contract, discussions that will see the player leave the Stadium of Light may be slow-going.

Margaret bl**dy Burn though! Gives Cattermole a ridiculous length contract and then becomes his agent.
Kipper
Investigative fact finder

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-12, 5:34 pm

Rodney should be injected with the rabies virus & then torment the lazy, useless bastard by pouring running water in front of his face.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-12, 5:42 pm

I'm not sorry to see them wanting out I do however wonder about the word responsibility.

I dont particularly want to watch division 1 football next season but I will be and I dont think I share any responsibility for getting us there, I paid my money and turned up in the premier league then championship and did my best to support.

Oviedo, Jones, Kone, O'Shea, Cattermole, Rodwell and others did play their part in seeing us relegated then relegated again, all took the money, my money and built themselves a good life but are they prepared to help put right the wrongs, no.

O'Shea has gone.Jones was chased and now that Rodwell is only on 40k a week he wants to find a solution to the problem he created.

I know all would have to take a drop in wages to stay but they are all millionaires so wont suffer, if I did have any respect for them I sure dont now.

So away you go, take your thirty pieces of silver and leave me to support your replacements in the hope that at least they are honest hard working players with self respect and a better attitude.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-12, 6:04 pm

We needs fresh start... with all the want awsys gone for a good price
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-06-12, 6:59 pm

Obviously players think they are better than they are........which they aren’t proved by 2 religations......the sooner the better they are out for me and hungry players in will be the only way to turn it around......they have no shame money grabbing useless good for nothing ankers
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-12, 7:10 pm

hitc.com/en-gb/2018/06/12/dn-stewart-donald-says-sunderland-players-wanting-to-stay-on-wea/www
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-12, 7:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2018-06-12, 7:33 pm

We need to get a retained list of players that want to fight for the cause asap.. It is a pity that these players who got us into this mess don't have the fight to get us up again..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-12, 10:29 pm

I am a bit puzzled about why this should be aired at this stage and in such a way.  The owners and manager should be laying out a plan for the up-coming season not twittering bits and pieces. Or is there something else at the back of it, and please, no going on about a rotten core or the SoL might collapse.

Time for somebody at the top to pull everybody together into a fighting outfit and not be airing problems over social media.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2018-06-12, 10:46 pm

Nostalgic wrote:I am a bit puzzled about why this should be aired at this stage and in such a way.  The owners and manager should be laying out a plan for the up-coming season not twittering bits and pieces. Or is there something else at the back of it, and please, no going on about a rotten core or the SoL might collapse.

Time for somebody at the top to pull everybody together into a fighting outfit and not be airing problems over social media.
Good to get some  communication from the chairman I reckon.
Kipper

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-13, 12:14 am

Kipper wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:I am a bit puzzled about why this should be aired at this stage and in such a way.  The owners and manager should be laying out a plan for the up-coming season not twittering bits and pieces. Or is there something else at the back of it, and please, no going on about a rotten core or the SoL might collapse.

Good to get some  communication from the chairman I reckon.
100%

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-13, 12:19 am

It will be interesting to see where these great footballers end up, Chelsea, Man u, Man City, Arsenal maybe, I think not.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-13, 5:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:It will be interesting to see where these great footballers end up, Chelsea, Man u, Man City, Arsenal maybe, I think not.
Of course they won't, but putting it out there for Championship clubs just strikes me  as being incredibly negative especially when the players are barely back for the new season. Some things are best kept in-house.

We seem to be losing sight of us being a big club with everything worth staying for.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-13, 5:46 am

Nostalgic wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:It will be interesting to see where these great footballers end up, Chelsea, Man u, Man City, Arsenal maybe, I think not.
Of course they won't, but putting it out there for Championship clubs just strikes me  as being incredibly negative especially when the players are barely back for the new season. Some things are best kept in-house.

We seem to be losing sight of us being a big club with everything worth staying for.
Que sera my friend.
If they go, they go.
Not worth worrying about.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-13, 5:59 am

Not worried Bill, but not impressed either. When I first read it in RR I wondered if they were deliberately putting out there that all were available.   Getting onto twitter was just plain stupid  especially when not one player has been spoken to yet.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-13, 6:21 am

Nostalgic wrote:Not worried Bill, but not impressed either. When I first read it in RR I wondered if they were deliberately putting out there that all were available.   Getting onto twitter was just plain stupid  especially when not one player has been spoken to yet.
ALL or at least the vast majority have been spoken to by Ross and their views on stay or go sought. I think it is far from nieve TBH because any player wanting out will have agents looking for moves, keeping in house was never an option.

What Donald is doing, IMO, is making it very clear to player, agent and any clubs interested that they will only go if our valuation is met very positive and very strong.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-13, 6:25 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:Not worried Bill, but not impressed either. When I first read it in RR I wondered if they were deliberately putting out there that all were available.   Getting onto twitter was just plain stupid  especially when not one player has been spoken to yet.
ALL or at least the vast majority have been spoken to by Ross and their views on stay or go sought. I think it is far from nieve TBH because any player wanting out will have agents looking for moves, keeping in house was never an option.

What Donald is doing, IMO, is making it very clear to player, agent and any clubs interested that they will only go if our valuation is met very positive and very strong.
I agree.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2018-06-13, 8:30 am

And at the same time showing them up to be the mercenaries they are
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-06-13, 2:15 pm

Billy D wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:

Que sera my friend.
If they go, they go.
Not worth worrying about.
like like like like like like  Spot on Billy
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content