SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» And the award for daftest question goes to..
Today at 10:08 am by sunderpitt

» I dare you
Today at 9:49 am by Hieronymus

» Catts
Today at 8:49 am by sunderpitt

» Quiz 106
Today at 7:56 am by Mackemneil

» League Table Week 02
Today at 5:31 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 02
Today at 5:29 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 105
Today at 5:19 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Well, well, well
Today at 12:14 am by cyprussyd

» Results of week 1 and fixtures for week 2
Yesterday at 11:11 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 03
Yesterday at 11:10 pm by Mackemneil

Missed opportunity

Go down

Missed opportunity

Post  HesfordNorman on 2018-06-05, 10:24 pm

Hi everyone. New poster.
Just seem the news that Meyler has signed for Reading. Not a top drawer player, but would have been perfect for the rigours of league one. I remember seeing him in the run in for Hull's last promotion and his drive and determination to help get them over the line was pretty impressive. There are some very physical players in league one and it would have been handy having Meyler line up as one of our own (again).
HesfordNorman

Back to top Go down

Re: Missed opportunity

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-05, 10:48 pm

Welcome to the sanest place regarding SAFC.  It's a fact that we need a few brawlers to complement the more talented. Hopefully straight out of this league and take a breath in the Championsiip before spending big.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-06, 12:30 am

HesfordNorman wrote:Hi everyone. New poster.
Just seem the news that Meyler has signed for Reading. Not a top drawer player, but would have been perfect for the rigours of league one. I remember seeing him in the run in for Hull's last promotion and his drive and determination to help get them over the line was pretty impressive. There are some very physical players in league one and it would have been handy having Meyler line up as one of our own (again).
My thoughts when I read it and welcome

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-06-06, 11:22 am

HesfordNorman wrote:Hi everyone. New poster.
Welcome HesfordNorman - were you a goalkeeper by any chance?

This is a great forum, with the best, most warm -hearted bunch of SAFC fans (and a Canary, Man City fan and a few others) you will ever meet, either online or in real life. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  HesfordNorman on 2018-06-06, 9:52 pm

The HesfordNorman name very much comes from my earliest memory of being a Sunderland fan. Hesford was our keeper at the time, and I think Norman followed him. Hesford and a howler seem stuck in my memory bank, and I was a fan of Norman (was living in Hull at the time). I have been looking for a forum to have a bit of footie chat and looked in on not606 first (didn't post) but took an immediate dislike to what seemed to be quite a hostile atmosphere to new poster views that didn't fit the usual views being made. I won't have time to be a prolific poster as I am a single daddy to two wonderful.boys and have a tough job, but after a few years of feeling glum about supporting the team I love, I am feeling a little optimistic and would like to share thoughts with others.
HesfordNorman

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2018-06-06, 10:00 pm

HesfordNorman wrote:The HesfordNorman name very much comes from my earliest memory of being a Sunderland fan. Hesford was our keeper at the time, and I think Norman followed him. Hesford and a howler seem stuck in my memory bank, and I was a fan of Norman (was living in Hull at the time). I have been looking for a forum to have a bit of footie chat and looked in on not606 first (didn't post) but took an immediate dislike to what seemed to be quite a hostile atmosphere to new poster views that didn't fit the usual views being made.  I won't have time to be a prolific poster as I am a single daddy to two wonderful.boys and have a tough job, but after a few years of feeling glum about supporting the team I love,  I am feeling a little optimistic and would like to share thoughts with others.
Welcome Hesford, as H says you've found a very friendly and passionate forum when it comes to Sunderland AFC. We don't always agree with each other but we do show respect sometimes with a little sarcasm Laughing  attached.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum