SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Christmas/birthday present idea
Today at 12:15 pm by canary-dave

» Twitter
Today at 12:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Transfer update from RR
Today at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» There will be lots of disappointed fans
Today at 11:29 am by cyprussyd

» Strong Rodwell rumours
Today at 11:03 am by Billy D

» advice to anyone renewing or buying SC
Yesterday at 7:05 pm by cyprussyd

» Kone
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Big Bad Dong.
Yesterday at 6:33 pm by Billy D

» Players coming in
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by cyprussyd

» More class and a must view from Chuck
Yesterday at 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Good news for all of our overseas supporters

Go down

Good news for all of our overseas supporters

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-05, 1:21 pm

Sunderland AFC fans around the world will be able to watch every kick of the club’s 2018-19 EFL season via a new live streaming service.
Every non-televised league game will be available for overseas supporters to view live, on a special platform on the club’s official website.
Fans can sign up for a full season of league games or on a game-by-game basis.
As the club is not part of the EFL digital collective, it can provide its own bespoke streaming service, similar the iFollow initiative.
The SAFC service will be delivered by club partner StreamAMG. 
StreamAMG has worked with Sunderland AFC to provide the technology behind the club’s online TV channel, SAFSee, since 2012.
They power the vast majority of non-EFL Digital clubs’ streaming services and have picked up a host of accolades, including Best Streaming Platform at the 2017 Streaming Media Viewers’ Choice awards.
Executive director Charlie Methven said: “For us it’s a no-brainer. Fans want to support their team, no matter where they are in the world. By offering the live streaming service, our overseas supporters can still feel connected to their club and be part of the excitement of a matchday.
“We have also seen over the last year that the service has been available, that it has provided clubs with a significant revenue stream, so it’s a win-win in terms of the benefit to our fans and to the club.”
Sunderland AFC has a thriving network of supporters’ clubs around the world, including the USA, Australia, Hong Kong, France, Holland, Spain and Dubai.
Overseas fans can subscribe to the service via the club’s official website, and UK-based supporters will be able to subscribe to matchday audio commentary, as they did last season.
The audio commentary will also continue to be provided worldwide.
Details of how to sign up to will be announced in the coming weeks.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Good news for all of our overseas supporters

Post  ViewFromADistance on 2018-06-05, 7:20 pm

I follow Sunderland from the US (a Yank, not ex-pat).  There is a group here, acronym Nasa, SAFC North America Supporters' Association.  It covers the US and Canada and perhaps other realms as well.

It is good to learn that SAFC will continue to prop up the overseas broadcasting.  Nick Barnes and Gary Bennett have been our Saturday morning radio company for many years.  No matter what league, all best wishes to the club and the supporters.
ViewFromADistance

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-05, 7:48 pm

ViewFromADistance wrote:I follow Sunderland from the US (a Yank, not ex-pat).  There is a group here, acronym Nasa, SAFC North America Supporters' Association.  It covers the US and Canada and perhaps other realms as well.

It is good to learn that SAFC will continue to prop up the overseas broadcasting.  Nick Barnes and Gary Bennett have been our Saturday morning radio company for many years.  No matter what league, all best wishes to the club and the supporters.
Welcome my friend

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2018-06-05, 8:18 pm

Methven is very very good with the PR.

All looking positive at the mo.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-06-05, 9:32 pm

ViewFromADistance wrote:I follow Sunderland from the US (a Yank, not ex-pat).  There is a group here, acronym Nasa, SAFC North America Supporters' Association.  It covers the US and Canada and perhaps other realms as well.

Welcome to our forum and thank you for your kind thoughts. Quiet at minute on here but that is largely due to our exhaustion after another draining season. Will pick up again soon. Where are you in the States?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-05, 10:52 pm

Just had a look of StreamAMG website and wonder if they are an offshoot of Fulwell73.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-06-06, 11:24 am

Nostalgic wrote:Just had a look of StreamAMG website and wonder if they are an offshoot of Fulwell73.
Couldnt see any of the same people in management but does not mean they don't have links.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  ViewFromADistance on 2018-06-06, 1:06 pm

Hello Hieronymous,
To answer your question, my wife and I live on the East Coast, in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC.  Retired and in our 60s, so we meet the apparent Sundermad demographic requirement  :-)
Thanks to the excellent hospitality of good English friends with a connection to the North East, I have been to several matches at the SoL, and enjoyed every one.  Going back to the Roy Keane era.
Thanks to the same friends, I have visited your stomping ground, Seahouses, on three occasions, staying at St Aidans and the Olde Ship Inn.  You are in God's Country.
ViewFromADistance

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-06-06, 8:24 pm

ViewFromADistance wrote:Hello Hieronymous,
To answer your question, my wife and I live on the East Coast, in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC.  Retired and in our 60s, so we meet the apparent Sundermad demographic requirement  :-)
Thanks to the excellent hospitality of good English friends with a connection to the North East, I have been to several matches at the SoL, and enjoyed every one.  Going back to the Roy Keane era.
Thanks to the same friends, I have visited your stomping ground, Seahouses, on three occasions, staying at St Aidans and the Olde Ship Inn.  You are in God's Country.
Hi there how nice of you to respond so kindly.

Between 1975 and 1981 I lived in the States (Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts). I visited Washington once and loved the monuments, Arlington Cemetery (in a sad way) and the Smithsonian was simply amazing. Anyone visiting though would need more time than I ever had to see all the sights. All i can say is that the USA today does not seem to be anywhere near the warm and welcoming place I found when I was living there. But enough about politics!

Hubby and I have just come back in from the Ship Inn where we went for our pre-dinner tipple! And we ate in the Bistro at St Aidans last week. Yes, every day I thank my lucky stars that I live here. God's country indeed. If you ever wish to return for a visit please let me know - would be delighted to welcome you and show you some more sights you may have missed in the past (I don't mean me after a night in the Ship either! Laughing  )
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum