SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Christmas/birthday present idea
Today at 12:15 pm by canary-dave

» Twitter
Today at 12:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Transfer update from RR
Today at 11:34 am by cyprussyd

» There will be lots of disappointed fans
Today at 11:29 am by cyprussyd

» Strong Rodwell rumours
Today at 11:03 am by Billy D

» advice to anyone renewing or buying SC
Yesterday at 7:05 pm by cyprussyd

» Kone
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Big Bad Dong.
Yesterday at 6:33 pm by Billy D

» Players coming in
Yesterday at 3:56 pm by cyprussyd

» More class and a must view from Chuck
Yesterday at 3:32 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Can we sue Manchester City?

Go down

Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 12:18 pm

I'm no expert on trade description laws but Manchester City sold us goods under the description, Premiership quality footballer.


I think any court in the land would find in our favour and agree that at least the product is faulty, indeed many would say well below the standard the description highlights.

We should demand..

Full recompense for fees paid plus running expenses and repair bills
Damages for the stress caused to owners and fans
That City either collect the product or pay P&P costs for us to return.


Apart from sidMCFC I'm sure everyone will agree.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-06-03, 12:21 pm

Take the product back and get a replacement sounds better.....yeah we'll have David da Silva Laughing
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2341
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 1:10 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Take the product back and get a replacement sounds better.....yeah we'll have David da Silva Laughing
You can be our trained negotiator.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-03, 1:39 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I'm no expert on trade description laws but Manchester City sold us goods under the description, Premiership quality footballer.


I think any court in the land would find in our favour and agree that at least the product is faulty, indeed many would say well below the standard the description highlights.

We should demand..

Full recompense for fees paid plus running expenses and repair bills
Damages for the stress caused to owners and fans
That City either collect the product or pay P&P costs for us to return.


Apart from sidMCFC I'm sure everyone will agree.


like
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6911
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-06-03, 1:44 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I'm no expert on trade description laws but Manchester City sold us goods under the description, Premiership quality footballer.


I think any court in the land would find in our favour and agree that at least the product is faulty, indeed many would say well below the standard the description highlights.

We should demand..

Full recompense for fees paid plus running expenses and repair bills
Damages for the stress caused to owners and fans
That City either collect the product or pay P&P costs for us to return.


Apart from sidMCFC I'm sure everyone will agree.
NO
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-06-03, 1:44 pm

oldblackcat wrote:Take the product back and get a replacement sounds better.....yeah we'll have David da Silva Laughing
NO
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  vinkel on 2018-06-03, 2:05 pm

I think the problem will be resolved by the end of June .

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2305
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Lever Malone on 2018-06-03, 2:15 pm

vinkel wrote:I think the problem will be resolved by the end of June .
You are quite right but as he has a year still to run on his contract it could be June 2019!!!   Crying or Very sad Sad
avatar
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 814
Join date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 2:24 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:Take the product back and get a replacement sounds better.....yeah we'll have David da Silva Laughing
NO
a man of few words

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-06-03, 2:25 pm

Lever Malone wrote:
vinkel wrote:I think the problem will be resolved by the end of June .
You are quite right but as he has a year still to run on his contract it could be June 2019!!!   Crying or Very sad Sad
I’m assuming he’s still made to turn up for training,  that can’t be good for the morale of the team.

Hate to say it but it might be best to just to pay the bugger off and get rid. That would stick in the craw though.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-06-03, 2:39 pm

An alternative solution would be to send Billy round to his house.  That should sort it.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-03, 2:43 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Lever Malone wrote:
vinkel wrote:I think the problem will be resolved by the end of June .
You are quite right but as he has a year still to run on his contract it could be June 2019!!!   Crying or Very sad Sad
I’m assuming he’s still made to turn up for training,  that can’t be good for the morale of the team.

Hate to say it but it might be best to just to pay the bugger off and get rid. That would stick in the craw though.
He trains alone and is not allowed to m ix with first team squad, the last regime did all they could to make life uncomfortable for hi but it didn't work.

We sent Billy round and he duffed him up. We then found he was at the wrong address and duffed up Jack Ridwall in Byker.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 45505
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-06-03, 2:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Lever Malone wrote:
vinkel wrote:I think the problem will be resolved by the end of June .
You are quite right but as he has a year still to run on his contract it could be June 2019!!!   Crying or Very sad Sad
I’m assuming he’s still made to turn up for training,  that can’t be good for the morale of the team.

Hate to say it but it might be best to just to pay the bugger off and get rid. That would stick in the craw though.
He trains alone and is not allowed to m ix with first team squad, the last regime did all they could to make life uncomfortable for hi but it didn't work.

We sent Billy round and he duffed him up. We then found he was at the wrong address and duffed up Jack Ridwall in Byker.
Christ I didn’t realise that.  The man has no dignity or self respect.

Rodwell not Billy.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-03, 11:48 pm

We could be onto something here.  A canny NE lad in Johnson and a Saintly Scouse lad turned into wasters and the one common denominator is that cesspit they entered.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 3987
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  oldblackcat on 2018-06-04, 7:35 am

Nostalgic wrote:We could be onto something here.  A canny NE lad in Johnson and a Saintly Scouse lad turned into wasters and the one common denominator is that cesspit they entered.

At the time both these players were signed by City it was the done thing to sign up any up and coming or good established players for themselves so their rivals couldn't get them and add a few british players to their squads....loads of players have gone the same way....remember Steve Sidwell??
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2341
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 57
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-04, 7:48 am

oldblackcat wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:We could be onto something here.  A canny NE lad in Johnson and a Saintly Scouse lad turned into wasters and the one common denominator is that cesspit they entered.

At the time both these players were signed by City it was the done thing to sign up any up and coming or good established players for themselves so their rivals couldn't get them and add a few british players to their squads....loads of players have gone the same way....remember Steve Sidwell??
And Wayne Bridge.
And Michael Johnson.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4192
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-06-04, 3:28 pm

Billy D wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:We could be onto something here.  A canny NE lad in Johnson and a Saintly Scouse lad turned into wasters and the one common denominator is that cesspit they entered.

At the time both these players were signed by City it was the done thing to sign up any up and coming or good established players for themselves so their rivals couldn't get them and add a few british players to their squads....loads of players have gone the same way....remember Steve Sidwell??
And Wayne Bridge.
And Michael Johnson.
The Wayne Bridge situation was a bit odd, he had plenty of playing time at City but didn’t seem to live up to his potential.  I don’t think his misses being over friendly with John Terry helped.

I presume you mean Michael Johnson the Urmston lad who came through City’s academy.  His potential was amazing with comparisons being made of Colin Bell, unfortunately he had a long injury and just ballooned in weight as he liked his beer too much.  One of my lads knows his best friend and has met him a few times, he’s quoted as saying he just fell out of love with football full stop. He now owns a wine bar and estate agents and is happy again.  Sad really but at the end of the day you have to make your own destiny.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  canary-dave on 2018-06-04, 4:04 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
Billy D wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:We could be onto something here.  A canny NE lad in Johnson and a Saintly Scouse lad turned into wasters and the one common denominator is that cesspit they entered.

At the time both these players were signed by City it was the done thing to sign up any up and coming or good established players for themselves so their rivals couldn't get them and add a few british players to their squads....loads of players have gone the same way....remember Steve Sidwell??
And Wayne Bridge.
And Michael Johnson.
The Wayne Bridge situation was a bit odd, he had plenty of playing time at City but didn’t seem to live up to his potential.  I don’t think his misses being over friendly with John Terry helped.

I presume you mean Michael Johnson the Urmston lad who came through City’s academy.  His potential was amazing with comparisons being made of Colin Bell, unfortunately he had a long injury and just ballooned in weight as he liked his beer too much.  One of my lads knows his best friend and has met him a few times, he’s quoted as saying he just fell out of love with football full stop. He now owns a wine bar and estate agents and is happy again.  Sad really but at the end of the day you have to make your own destiny.

Sid  I understood the JT situation to be with Wayne Bridge's FORMER girlfriend, so in a way, none of his business really????

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13929
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sid MCFC on 2018-06-04, 4:08 pm

canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Billy D wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:We could be onto something here.  A canny NE lad in Johnson and a Saintly Scouse lad turned into wasters and the one common denominator is that cesspit they entered.

At the time both these players were signed by City it was the done thing to sign up any up and coming or good established players for themselves so their rivals couldn't get them and add a few british players to their squads....loads of players have gone the same way....remember Steve Sidwell??
And Wayne Bridge.
And Michael Johnson.
The Wayne Bridge situation was a bit odd, he had plenty of playing time at City but didn’t seem to live up to his potential.  I don’t think his misses being over friendly with John Terry helped.

I presume you mean Michael Johnson the Urmston lad who came through City’s academy.  His potential was amazing with comparisons being made of Colin Bell, unfortunately he had a long injury and just ballooned in weight as he liked his beer too much.  One of my lads knows his best friend and has met him a few times, he’s quoted as saying he just fell out of love with football full stop. He now owns a wine bar and estate agents and is happy again.  Sad really but at the end of the day you have to make your own destiny.

Sid  I understood the JT situation to be with Wayne Bridge's FORMER girlfriend, so in a way, none of his business really????
No mate, she’s definitely his former girlfriend now!  But they were living together when Terry came ‘poking’ around.
avatar
Sid MCFC
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 270
Join date : 2016-05-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  canary-dave on 2018-06-04, 4:27 pm

Sid MCFC wrote:
canary-dave wrote:
Sid MCFC wrote:
Billy D wrote:
oldblackcat wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:We could be onto something here.  A canny NE lad in Johnson and a Saintly Scouse lad turned into wasters and the one common denominator is that cesspit they entered.

At the time both these players were signed by City it was the done thing to sign up any up and coming or good established players for themselves so their rivals couldn't get them and add a few british players to their squads....loads of players have gone the same way....remember Steve Sidwell??
And Wayne Bridge.
And Michael Johnson.
The Wayne Bridge situation was a bit odd, he had plenty of playing time at City but didn’t seem to live up to his potential.  I don’t think his misses being over friendly with John Terry helped.

I presume you mean Michael Johnson the Urmston lad who came through City’s academy.  His potential was amazing with comparisons being made of Colin Bell, unfortunately he had a long injury and just ballooned in weight as he liked his beer too much.  One of my lads knows his best friend and has met him a few times, he’s quoted as saying he just fell out of love with football full stop. He now owns a wine bar and estate agents and is happy again.  Sad really but at the end of the day you have to make your own destiny.

Sid  I understood the JT situation to be with Wayne Bridge's FORMER girlfriend, so in a way, none of his business really????
No mate, she’s definitely his former girlfriend now!  But they were living together when Terry came ‘poking’ around.

How unusual for the press to get the details wrong  Razz

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 13929
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Can we sue Manchester City?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum