SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com
Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V SCUNTHORPE UNITED.
Today at 8:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Annual SunderMad night out
Today at 8:04 pm by canary-dave

» The battle of head and heart
Today at 7:49 pm by cyprussyd

» Games so far this season
Today at 7:31 pm by gil t azell

» Catts
Today at 5:51 pm by cyprussyd

» Poyet sacked by Bordeaux ?
Today at 3:23 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Sheffield Wed - Carabao Cup
Today at 12:17 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland manager Jack Ross comments on striker search
Today at 11:24 am by Silvers

» Marcos Alonso
Today at 10:51 am by Silvers

» Predictions Week 03
Today at 10:19 am by Lever Malone

Enjoying the weekend break

Go down

Enjoying the weekend break

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-02, 8:52 am

The last few weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind for we mackems and following a downward spiral of silent depression it's been the exact reverse under our new ownership.

Normally there would be that niggle at the back of the mind, that yes it's good but feeling that comes after so many false dawns, so many let downs, that well known phrase or saying, "Yes but it's Sunderland".

The change has been so dramatic that I have no such niggles, all my thoughts, feelings and emotions are positive, even more positive than normal and that comes from Donald, Methven and Ross, not their promises but their openness and honesty, they dont promise the world, just do do their very best and that will do for me.

I'm enjoying my weekend break away from the constant news coming from the club but I'm excited and eager to see the next step, transfer activity and yes who is coming in but even more so, who is going out,will we really and finally see that new brush sweeping clean?

What division we will be in, how good or bad Newcastle are doing and sorry sidmfc but how much City have paid for a footballer are of little or no interest. I feel like I am entering a season of proper, honest committed football with reduced skill levels,if that is possible after last season, but greatly increased effort and commitment.

Mistakes will be made and we wont win all of our games, life is never that simple but I expect to see mistakes dealt with and learned from and I certainly hope to see more wins than defeats. Above all I hope and expect to see happy smiling faces on match day with a crowd, regardless of size creating a happy positive atmosphere that makes the match day experience so much better.

Between us fans we had a wish list under Shorts reign, certainly the last two seasons of that reign and I would put that list as..

Short to sell
A new management team, Bain out.
A manager who can bring positivity and success
Owners who back the manager
Better comunication
Owners who care

You may have other things to add but I feel like we have made a tremendous start on that list, we will have to wait and see on the future success bit.

It would be fantastic to give our new team, owner, manager and players, a real mackem welcome at the first home game, not everyone can make it for many reasons but if you can be there you should be there.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Enjoying the weekend break

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-02, 8:58 am

After setting a target of 20,000 season tickets *sold* by June 22, already there's been 18,000 sold. Stewart Donald set the target last week.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2018-06-02, 9:43 am

9am two weeks Thursday the fixtures will be out. We can then start planning for august 4th (home please). I suspect there will be a few departures shortly, then Ross can get an idea of what he needs to bring in. Damned world cup will be an annoyance  Laughing.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-06-02, 10:58 am

After the past few weeks with what has gone on at SAFC,I'm booking myself into rehab.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-02, 11:06 am

Rovertsafc wrote:After the past few weeks with what has gone on at SAFC,I'm booking myself into rehab.
I have checked, its fully booked

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2018-06-02, 11:35 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Rovertsafc wrote:After the past few weeks with what has gone on at SAFC,I'm booking myself into rehab.
Oh no looks like I'll have to stay at home then and drink more beer and wine
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-02, 11:36 am

Rovertsafc wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Oh no looks like I'll have to stay at home then and drink more beer and wine
and eat cheesy chips

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum