SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
THE CATS NEXT GAME

Widget powered by WhatstheScore.com

Latest topics
» SIDMCFC
Today at 12:30 pm by canary-dave

» Max Stryjek
Today at 11:54 am by Silvers

» N'Dong
Today at 10:26 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Rochdale
Today at 10:25 am by cyprussyd

» legal action
Today at 10:19 am by Vincemac

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 10:15 am by oldblackcat

» Who would have thought it
Today at 9:34 am by cyprussyd

» League Table Week 7
Today at 8:02 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 7
Today at 7:55 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 111
Yesterday at 11:44 pm by Hieronymus

Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Sign of the times

Go down

Sign of the times

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-01, 6:43 pm

As I am watching my 2 year old granddaughter absorbed by the Night Garden... she is puzzled that the TV is not a touch screen like phones and tablets 

Sign of the times?
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7184
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  canary-dave on 2018-06-01, 7:11 pm

sunderpitt wrote:As I am watching my 2 year old granddaughter absorbed by the Night Garden... she is puzzled that the TV is not a touch screen like phones and tablets 

Sign of the times?

Could it be your old steam-powered telly?  Laughing

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-01, 7:25 pm

Can I come and watch when you stick a video in your betermax

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46889
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-06-01, 7:27 pm

It is indeed. Over last few weks I have watched my 19 month old trying to 'swipe' the TV and select music and videos she likes from her mums phone Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9398
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  canary-dave on 2018-06-01, 7:27 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Can I come and watch when you stick a video in your betermax

Is that a euphemism  Shocked

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-01, 8:18 pm

Hieronymus wrote:It is indeed. Over last few weks I have watched my 19 month old trying to 'swipe' the TV and select music and videos she likes from her mums phone Very Happy

We do have one 'smart ' TV and sometimes the little one is watching nursery rhymes on my phone and they appear on the smart TV we have not figured that one out yet.
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7184
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-01, 9:02 pm

As a general sign of the times I find it funnily frustrating that the only "smart" thing about some people is their phone or TV.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-01, 9:12 pm

Nostalgic wrote:As a general sign of the times I find it funnily frustrating that the only "smart" thing about some people is their phone or TV.

Yep that' me..my phone is definitely smarter than me.  What ate we going to do when AI  comes in!
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7184
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  Billy D on 2018-06-01, 9:16 pm

I can remember when I was a youngun you were ower the moon if you got a mecchano set.
avatar
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4288
Join date : 2013-06-26
Age : 51
Location : Tanfield Lea Stanley

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  Nostalgic on 2018-06-01, 9:25 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:As a general sign of the times I find it funnily frustrating that the only "smart" thing about some people is their phone or TV.

Yep that' me..my phone is definitely smarter than me.  What ate we going to do when AI  comes in!
With granddaughters in their twenties the first thing they do is check google to see who is right between me and them.  I ain't lost yet but don't get involved in pop or celebrity disputes.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 80
Location : Auckland NZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  Hieronymus on 2018-06-01, 9:27 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:It is indeed. Over last few weks I have watched my 19 month old trying to 'swipe' the TV and select music and videos she likes from her mums phone Very Happy

We do have one 'smart ' TV and sometimes the little one is watching nursery rhymes on my phone and they appear on the smart TV we have not figured that one out yet.
Bluetooth connection probably Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 9398
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  vinkel on 2018-06-02, 9:48 am

Damn digital age, bring back pounds shillings and pennys halfpennys and farthings Very Happy.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 2430
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 67
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  cyprussyd on 2018-06-02, 11:06 am

vinkel wrote:Damn digital age, bring back pounds shillings and pennys halfpennys and farthings Very Happy.
And the permissive society, I missed it last time.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 46889
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  canary-dave on 2018-06-02, 12:29 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Damn digital age, bring back pounds shillings and pennys halfpennys and farthings Very Happy.
And the permissive society, I missed it last time.

like Embarassed

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Posts : 14108
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 70
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  sunderpitt on 2018-06-02, 6:54 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
vinkel wrote:Damn digital age, bring back pounds shillings and pennys halfpennys and farthings Very Happy.
And the permissive society, I missed it last time.
 If you can remember the 60s... you were mot having fun  Cool
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 7184
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sign of the times

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum